• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJs, why are you so fake?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Poor Eck. It was all downhill after the circus rejected him.

article-0-073C95FD000005DC-800_634x432.jpg

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
edit: just editing to edit- I try to do it at least three times after posting.

Who likes cheeseburgers?

also,
kittens%20mittens.gif

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know ENFJs have a want to please people, which in turn rewards them with appreciation, but is this a genuine system? I ask this because I think the other side involves plans or goals. With this in mind, couldn't they please people simply for the sake of their goal?

I think this also has to do with charisma and trying to uphold it in order to accomplish a goal.

Am I talking about Hitler yet? :D

If the ends are good, and the means are decent, what the eff is the problem??? How does that correspond to Hitler?

Hitler used decent means of relating to people and inspiring them to achieve ridiculous, dangerous ends culminating in mass murder and the invasion of nearly all of Europe. It all depends on the goal, what side you're on, etc.

So at the end of the day, I don't see how Fe is any more manipulative than Fi...It's just different means to an end. If the end is negative, Fi isn't going to make the end any better or worse, now, is it? Same goes for any of the other two judging functions, Ti or Te.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Poor Eck. It was all downhill after the circus rejected him.

article-0-073C95FD000005DC-800_634x432.jpg

Isn't that a picture of you before ur daily fullbody shave!?
I CAN NEVER TELL!

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If the ends are good, and the means are decent, what the eff is the problem??? How does that correspond to Hitler?

Hitler used decent means of relating to people and inspiring them to achieve ridiculous, dangerous ends culminating in mass murder and the invasion of nearly all of Europe. It all depends on the goal, what side you're on, etc.

So at the end of the day, I don't see how Fe is any more manipulative than Fi...It's just different means to an end. If the end is negative, Fi isn't going to make the end any better or worse, now, is it? Same goes for any of the other two judging functions, Ti or Te.

Thank you for your input.
Hitler reference was a joke.

I was really just wondering. I was-
er0s- 0000000111110000....

(shuts down and goes back to NT forum)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know ENFJs have a want to please people, which in turn rewards them with appreciation, but is this a genuine system? I ask this because I think the other side involves plans or goals. With this in mind, couldn't they please people simply for the sake of their goal?
How is that associated with the "Feeling" function solely? Being calculated in pleasing others would be more of a strategic T thing, wouldn't it? Or perhaps not a specific type thing. Regardless I think the premise that "ENFJs are fake" is unsupported.

Fakeness is more the case when one function attempts to disguise itself as another.

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I should have put, "ignore the title, it's solely for the purpose of advertisement."

I don't think ENFJs are fake. I'm wondering if an unhealthy one helps or leads others for the sake of their "ego" of sorts. Because two of the three ENFJs I do know, do this some times. I don't know what it is.

(thank you toast for the answer)

Why am I even bothering with this? The thread was designed to provoke responses. Congrats. This is one.

Yeah.

Keep posting pictures.

24mcj1gkq7.jpg

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I should have put, "ignore the title, it's solely for the purpose of advertisement."

I don't think ENFJs are fake. I'm wondering if an unhealthy one helps or leads others for the sake of their "ego" of sorts.
Yes, they do.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ENFJs may stereotypically focus away from themselves for 'the greater good' and all of that jazz, but it's doesn't have to hold true or be completely selfless. I would imagine that either your definition of them is held too close to the typical read-out or you're just running into the wrong sorts of people who just so happen to be ENFJs.
That's my opinion though. I've become a bit picky and abrasive in the way i help others, but i don't expect much in return in the first place. Are you more concerned about the ENFJs because of the guidelines of their personality type? I've found this problem holds true in almost every personality type simply because humans aren't these well-oiled machines beyond the labels we can give them.

Perhaps they appear fake because they are trying too hard to please others and gain their own benefit, as well, without realizing how difficult it is to maintain both at once. As far as i know, the middle-ground is hard for ENFJs to find, but we have the ability to be so outwardly focused to see that in ourselves. It would cause a selfish-seeming issue.
Sig Heil

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENFJs may stereotypically focus away from themselves for 'the greater good' and all of that jazz, but it's doesn't have to hold true or be completely selfless. I would imagine that either your definition of them is held too close to the typical read-out or you're just running into the wrong sorts of people who just so happen to be ENFJs.
That's my opinion though. I've become a bit picky and abrasive in the way i help others, but i don't expect much in return in the first place. Are you more concerned about the ENFJs because of the guidelines of their personality type? I've found this problem holds true in almost every personality type simply because humans aren't these well-oiled machines beyond the labels we can give them.

Perhaps they appear fake because they are trying too hard to please others and gain their own benefit, as well, without realizing how difficult it is to maintain both at once. As far as i know, the middle-ground is hard for ENFJs to find, but we have the ability to be so outwardly focused to see that in ourselves. It would cause a selfish-seeming issue.
Sig Heil

+1. Thank you.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
but then we remember that the real fakers are the ESFJs and lay off and shut up and close this thread.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No type is fake. There will be people of that type who will be fake, but you can't blame a whole type. There are fake ENFJs, but there are genuine ENFJs. You get good and bad in every type. One person does not represent a whole type.

My mother is ENFJ. I used to be annoyed by her as she came across as insincere sometimes. Other people didn't notice it but because I know her so well I did and it really narked me. But you have to stop and think, why are they doing that? My mother just wantsto be loved. That's all. And she is just trying to please people. She's not doing it because she's manipulative and is trying to get things out of people and hurt them. She just wants to be liked. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I do it sometimes myself.

haag261390

Good question. Why are many of the ENFJs I come across act fake? They're very popular among people too, that shouldn't come to people as a surprise why ENFJs for the most part act fake but this isn't always the case. There's always an exception.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
No type is fake. There will be people of that type who will be fake, but you can't blame a whole type. There are fake ENFJs, but there are genuine ENFJs. You get good and bad in every type. One person does not represent a whole type.

My mother is ENFJ. I used to be annoyed by her as she came across as insincere sometimes. Other people didn't notice it but because I know her so well I did and it really narked me. But you have to stop and think, why are they doing that? My mother just wantsto be loved. That's all. And she is just trying to please people. She's not doing it because she's manipulative and is trying to get things out of people and hurt them. She just wants to be liked. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I do it sometimes myself.

If you were male and not a sexual predator, I would marry you.