User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

I'm honestly curious what the relationship is between F types. Why would one really would be "fake" or "authentic".. Or are those are just extreme examples?

I assert F in extroverted way enough (or at least, I'm generally socially aware enough, and take things into account like Fe to a point).

In Socionics, both the INFps and ENFjs are mirrors, and both have Fe (Fe's defined slightly differently though). In MBTI, it's expected of me to shell up or something. I call bullshit. That sounds like an issue that's beyond typology in a way.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Thanks for that..
    But I put lots and lots of effort into my Poker face and my "I don't give a damn about anything" attitude.

I don't like Idea of caring at all. I wish I didn't.
    I never act like I care.
    I simply do care, and get accused of not expressing how much I care too often.

It's like people don't know what the hell they want from others.
    ::sigh:: We're damned if we do, and we're damned if we don't. If we care about someone, and express that, then we're being smothering and too cutesy and etc. etc. etc.

We have to hide that we care because if we don't we'll drive everyone else crazy with all our

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

^ I don't think you guys are damned if you or you don't at all. I think how people are defining the word 'fake' is not being understood or expressed correctly.

MBTI
    enxp
    Enneagram

I understand what you mean, however, I guess what some people might refer to as "fake" is not just the act of being cordial...but going out of your way to sound cordial even when you don't really mean what you're saying, especially if you actually feel the opposite from it. Ex. saying: "Wow, I love your hair! A short hairstyle looks really good on you!" really thinking: "ugh, that's so ugly. It makes her face look fat." That could be considered a white lie, but when applied to something like love for example, it could really hurt or upset others when they actually believe the cordialness lol Ex. boy says "I love you, you're the woman of my dreams." girl says "I love you too, I want to be with you forever." but really feels "I think I love you...at least as a person...I don't want to hurt him, maybe I'll grow to love him in time." but eventually gets over him and moves on breaking his heart not sooner, but later.

The moral of the story: You may have good intentions and sugar coat a lot of stuff for sake of sparing other's feelings now or getting them to like you. But in reality, the truth usually comes out and a lot of the times it hurts...that's life.
    This is it..EXACTLY.

Glycerine

^ LOL, I don't do shit like that.... I am known for being a bit too blunt so stop insinuating that all ENFJs are fake. Some are and some aren't. i have had Fi users tell me to "shut it" or "that was mean" so seriously give up on it already.

I know what you mean! If I dont like your hair I wont bring it up...lol.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    hahaha, on the flipside, if I don't like you but you look really pretty or did a great job on something, I won't hesitate to compliment you. Why should my dislike of someone cloud all of their positives? That is not being fake because I really mean it even if I dislike your guts. I can still see people's strengths even if I don't like them so I don't see why I can't acknowledge them. However, I will still be very cordial and stiff (it's really easy to tell if I really like you or not).

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    what if somebody asks you about it though? do you still tell a "nice lie" ?

Glycerine

I say "It's not the greatest but it's alright..." or "it's not the most flattering on you."

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    what if i ask you about it though? do you still tell a "nice lie" ?
    No.. then if you want to get personal, so will I.. I will say something like "It's not my thing" or " I actually liked it better before"

And then because most people can't handle criticism. They get butt hurt and misdirect their own insecurities outward and blame me for being an "asshole".

So which is it? people say they want the truth and total honesty, But I have yet to meet the person who can deal with it.

Everybody tells white lies in the name of social peace. EVERYBODY!!.. If we didn't.. we would have no friends.. In fact humanity would be long gone. Can you just imagine what would happen if every time someone asked "isn't my baby the cutest thing ever?" if people told the truth????..
    Murder.. someone would die, and then it would eventually escalate until someone pushed the button

This is not unique to ENFJs. even the Fe retards have figured this one out..