User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 236

  1. #181
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    270

    Default

    If you all weren't such assholes we wouldn't have to pretend to like you.

    [/sarcasm]

    Speaking seriously, it's easier to put on the charm so that people don't dislike you at all than bring up how people annoy you and have people hate you. :/ It's just a character flaw that needs to be improved upon.

  2. #182
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫ luminous beam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    779

    Default

    why not just ignore or avoid the people you dislike? lol


  3. #183
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    why not just ignore or avoid the people you dislike? lol
    What if you're supposed to be friends? :/ Stuckness.

  4. #184
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫ luminous beam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    What if you're supposed to be friends? :/ Stuckness.
    what i do, if i truly dislike someone who constantly keeps trying to get close to me...i just tell them i'm busy or avoid them. i'm not "supposed" to be friends with anyone i don't want to. the only situations i see that i would have to lie about my true feelings are at work dealing with co-workers, school with teachers and classmates, or siblings and other family (especially if you live with them).


  5. #185
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Yes! I knew iT!!!!!!!!!

    Being ENTJ makes you fake. Makes perfect sense.

  6. #186
    Senior Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    I do ignore people I reallllly don't like, I run and hide! But if don't care for someone and I think they are tolerable I will be cordial...not fake. Why would I want to make someone feel bad, I'm generally nice and like to keep the peace. Isn't that more mature? Geesh all this talk about enfjs and fakeness, kiss me nice bum!!!!!!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

  7. #187
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I do ignore people I reallllly don't like, I run and hide! But if don't care for someone and I think they are tolerable I will be cordial...not fake. Why would I want to make someone feel bad, I'm generally nice and like to keep the peace. Isn't that more mature? Geesh all this talk about enfjs and fakeness, kiss me nice bum!!!!!!

    Come on, Sparrow. Put some passion into that.
    Don't say, "kiss me nice bum." Say, "Kiss my royal ass!"

  8. #188
    Senior Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    ^ haha! No one has officially crossed the line (yet) for me to get rowdy .
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

  9. #189
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫ luminous beam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I do ignore people I reallllly don't like, I run and hide! But if don't care for someone and I think they are tolerable I will be cordial...not fake. Why would I want to make someone feel bad, I'm generally nice and like to keep the peace. Isn't that more mature? Geesh all this talk about enfjs and fakeness, kiss me nice bum!!!!!!
    I understand what you mean, however, I guess what some people might refer to as "fake" is not just the act of being cordial...but going out of your way to sound cordial even when you don't really mean what you're saying, especially if you actually feel the opposite from it. Ex. saying: "Wow, I love your hair! A short hairstyle looks really good on you!" really thinking: "ugh, that's so ugly. It makes her face look fat." That could be considered a white lie, but when applied to something like love for example, it could really hurt or upset others when they actually believe the cordialness lol Ex. boy says "I love you, you're the woman of my dreams." girl says "I love you too, I want to be with you forever." but really feels "I think I love you...at least as a person...I don't want to hurt him, maybe I'll grow to love him in time." but eventually gets over him and moves on breaking his heart not sooner, but later.

    The moral of the story: You may have good intentions and sugar coat a lot of stuff for sake of sparing other's feelings now or getting them to like you. But in reality, the truth usually comes out and a lot of the times it hurts...that's life.


  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    I understand what you mean, however, I guess what some people might refer to as "fake" is not just the act of being cordial...but going out of your way to sound cordial even when you don't really mean what you're saying, especially if you actually feel the opposite from it. Ex. saying: "Wow, I love your hair! A short hairstyle looks really good on you!" really thinking: "ugh, that's so ugly. It makes her face look fat." That could be considered a white lie, but when applied to something like love for example, it could really hurt or upset others when they actually believe the cordialness lol Ex. boy says "I love you, you're the woman of my dreams." girl says "I love you too, I want to be with you forever." but really feels "I think I love you...at least as a person...I don't want to hurt him, maybe I'll grow to love him in time." but eventually gets over him and moves on breaking his heart not sooner, but later.

    The moral of the story: You may have good intentions and sugar coat a lot of stuff for sake of sparing other's feelings now or getting them to like you. But in reality, the truth usually comes out and a lot of the times it hurts...that's life.
    Hmmm.. Well yesterday I told a guy at work that I would prefer he just keeps his distance from me..
    I was polite, cordial and succinct.

    I see no distinct relation between my feelings and my manners.

    So what now?

    I could have tore him a new asshole and explained exactly why he makes my skin crawl.
    But to what end? Would that have made it more real somehow?

    Is this fake, or just making an ugly situation at little less potentially explosive?

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Bloody INTPS! Why are you so damn oblivious?
    By goodgrief in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 05:38 AM
  2. [ENFP] ENFPs, why are you so addicting?
    By Risen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 10:52 PM
  3. [INFP] Why are you so quiet?
    By Tropics in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 01:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO