Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

*eye contact*
    *I smile*
    *she looks away*
    *I stare, devilishly*
    *eye contact*
    *she smiles, devilishly*
    *She plays coy, almost looks away, but keeps me in the corner of her vision*
    *I play coy; I look away completely to give her a chance to study. I order my coffee, smile still plastered on there because it has a mind of it's own, and my smile--not my eyes--is communicating my interest at that point.*
    *Go over by the coffee counter, farther away from her, pretending not to notice, but we continue to playfully stare, and steal half-glances back and forth, to the point where it becomes comedic*
    *By the time I reach her table, we've already had an icebreaking conversation without saying a word. I sit down, and assume my place, and make verbal introductions; still smiling like a minx*
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

I wouldn't mind being approached as long as the other person doesn't come off as hostile.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't like to be approached by members of the opposite sex. That might have to do with the fact that I am in a relationship though. If I was single and making eye contact/smiling (smiling is important because just eye contact probably means I'm just zoning out and rudely staring at things) then yeah, maybe. As long as the guy weren't too obvious about it. Asking about the book she is reading is probably a good place to start (i.e., I was thinking about buying that book, is it any good?).

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    ^
    Grace, your avatar picture is going to give me nightmares. What the hell is that? Do I even want to know ?
    The purple sun won't heal my purple bruises :ouch:

Approach! But speak with sincerity
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Visa's How To Approach A Girl 101

After you've done all the subtle flirting and eye-contact stuff, stare at your phone for a while and pretend to be doing some important messaging. (If you really want this to be especially effective, actually get into a heated, opinionated text-argument with a friend- you can show her the messages yourself, which gives you some opportunity to get physically close to her as well) At some point in time, give an especially exasperated sigh, roll your eyes- something that'll make her notice that you're annoyed with something on your phone. Give her a "tired" i-don't-know-why-i-go-through-this sort of smile, and she'll most probably smile back.

Ask for her opinion on something. You can't go wrong there. Don't ask for the time, because that's close-ended. Go over, give your most friendly and charming smile (again) and say something along the lines of "sorry to bother you, but i'm in a heated argument and I really need an opinion..." Nobody's going to turn down giving someone an opinion- not even the hottest of girls. If you seem like you genuinely want their opinion, they will most certainly give it to you- it's a small and simple favour that takes no effort to do. Try to ask a question that's complex and needs some thinking. Observe her in advance and try to make it relevant- is she reading a book? is she wearing glasses? is she wearing shoes? you could be pretending to argue with your friend who claims that the girl he likes is going to think he's a creep if he buys her lingerie, but you think it's kinda sweet. Whatever. Do guys cheat on girls more, or vice versa? Who lies more in relationships? Something subjective. Asking a funny but interesting and effective question is an art form in itself. (Pickup artists call this the opener, and often have many different ones at their fingertips.)

Along the way you end up progressing into a normal conversation, with an escape clause if there isn't any chemistry. Have your body language directed away initially so that she doesn't get uncomfortable with your sudden invasion of her personal space- sit at the side of the seat opposite her, for example, and be on your toes as if you're about to leave any second. If she gives you more attention, slowly and casually move more fully into the seat- and before you know it you're on an impromptu date. Say, have you ever tried the donuts down the street? They're awesome!...

You're welcome!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by purplesunset View Post
    Grace, your avatar picture is going to give me nightmares. What the hell is that? Do I even want to know ?
    It's a famous Twilight Zone episode with William Shatner. I'm sure the episode did give plenty of people nightmares, my dad for one.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    Visa's How To Approach A Girl 101

After you've done all the subtle flirting and eye-contact stuff, stare at your phone for a while and pretend to be doing some important messaging. (If you really want this to be especially effective, actually get into a heated, opinionated text-argument with a friend- you can show her the messages yourself, which gives you some opportunity to get physically close to her as well) At some point in time, give an especially exasperated sigh, roll your eyes- something that'll make her notice that you're annoyed with something on your phone. Give her a "tired" i-don't-know-why-i-go-through-this sort of smile, and she'll most probably smile back.

Ask for her opinion on something. You can't go wrong there. Don't ask for the time, because that's close-ended. Go over, give your most friendly and charming smile (again) and say something along the lines of "sorry to bother you, but i'm in a heated argument and I really need an opinion..." Nobody's going to turn down giving someone an opinion- not even the hottest of girls. If you seem like you genuinely want their opinion, they will most certainly give it to you- it's a small and simple favour that takes no effort to do. Try to ask a question that's complex and needs some thinking. Observe her in advance and try to make it relevant- is she reading a book? is she wearing glasses? is she wearing shoes? you could be pretending to argue with your friend who claims that the girl he likes is going to think he's a creep if he buys her lingerie, but you think it's kinda sweet. Whatever. Do guys cheat on girls more, or vice versa? Who lies more in relationships? Something subjective. Asking a funny but interesting and effective question is an art form in itself. (Pickup artists call this the opener, and often have many different ones at their fingertips.)

Along the way you end up progressing into a normal conversation, with an escape clause if there isn't any chemistry. Have your body language directed away initially so that she doesn't get uncomfortable with your sudden invasion of her personal space- sit at the side of the seat opposite her, for example, and be on your toes as if you're about to leave any second. If she gives you more attention, slowly and casually move more fully into the seat- and before you know it you're on an impromptu date. Say, have you ever tried the donuts down the street? They're awesome!...

You're welcome!
    I'll print this post and keep it in my wallet. If I have to pull it out and refer back to it while I'm talking to the girl, I'm still "cool" right?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    I wouldn't mind being approached as long as the other person doesn't come off as hostile.
    Hostile? I'm trying to imagine what that would even look like.

Especially if one was actually trying to get the girl. And especially with most socially timid INTP's.

"I hate this bookstore. Why do people even come here? What a waste! Wanna go out sometime?" Like that?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Approach! But speak with sincerity
    That I can do.