User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    It does for me also, infinitely easier. But I didn't mean a literal approaching - I meant an approaching to a relationship. I personally get scared easily if pushed too fast. And in another sense I meant we may not come off as open to talking to strangers as we may feel internally.
    Skittish woodland creatures love me...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It does for me also, infinitely easier. But I didn't mean a literal approaching - I meant an approaching to a relationship. I personally get scared easily if pushed too fast. And in another sense I meant we may not come off as open to talking to strangers as we may feel internally.
    yeah, I'd agree with you there.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Skittish woodland creatures love me...
    I'm getting this image of you as Snow White - and with those burly arms it's not pretty
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP

Well, I wouldn't dislike you for approaching me, I might just feel uncomfortable from my own lack of social/conversation skills, "argh great, now I have to think of something to say..." So anything negative I'd feel would simply be my own self consciousness and lack of confidence, none of which have any threat to the person approaching me. So I guess you have nothing to lose!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

it's been years since someone approached me in a retail venue...must've been hot back then.

to address your particular question i would have to say just 'do it'! what have you got to lose? follow your passion of the moment. one must not be shy in these matters!

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm getting this image of you as Snow White - and with those burly arms it's not pretty
    What? You don't like my dress?

I spent an hour picking it out...

Women!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I don't know if the puffed sleeves and V waist flatter you, my dear Biaxident.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Anyhow, this raises the question - do INFx's want to be approached? In a situation like this, where I like what I see in terms of looks and style and some fairly positive eye-contact has been made, should I just walk out the door and go home or should I approach you and at least make some conversation? I guarantee that I can make you laugh at least once, but I don't want to make you uncomfortable at your little corner table in the bookstore coffeehouse. If I know it's awkward for you, then I'm going to get awkward and it's going to get strange for both of us real fast.
    Fairly positive eye-contact? That's like an INF pole-dance.

As an INFP, I want to be approached. It might be weird to strike up a conversation, especially if two INFs are doing the talking, but if you're willing to wait out the weirdness to get to the good stuff, there might be something wonderful there. If not, no worries. People enjoy conversation and company, and if they don't you can usually tell from the unsubtle clues a few minutes into the conversation...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Why would I approach an INFx? They're on enough anti-depressants as it is.
    haha. Although we struggle at times, I think the research shows that most INFJs have pretty sunny dispositions, and work through problems pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Oh yeah, I've definitely mistyped people (and for relatively long periods of time). With this particular girl, I typed her (very, very loosely), based not just on looking at her, but on the fact that she was by herself and reading intently, with 2 books at her table while reading the third. I know she could have been any of the 16 types, but my intuition told me she most likely was not an ESTJ, so I felt like I could approach. (If I had to guess, I would have said she was INxx, but of course never with 100% certainty).

You know how you just see someone and you think, "I could talk to that person." Not only that, but I'd LIKE to talk to that person. And I don't mean that in the Se physical attraction way. That probably had *something* to do with why I wanted to approach her (she was a cutie), but it's more of an intuition thing. I was just thinking, "I KNOW that we could talk and have really stimulating conversation. I just KNOW it."

But, well, see, there's this other thing called Ti that gets in the way. Next thing I know I'm kicking myself on the drive home.............
    The End
    I hate it when Opportunities slip away too. It's part of being introverted. It happens. You should practice what you'll say next time, so you'll be ready. And fwiw, as some others have said, if I'm out, it's because I'm hoping for interaction. Otherwise, why wouldn't I stay in my cozy home to read my book(s)? If I'm out to really people-watch I'll go with a friend, and if I'm with a friend, I prefer NOT to be approached, because it detracts from my conversation with her. How can I people watch if my nose is buried in a book? No,the book is just a prop so I don't look totally ridiculous out on my own. I'm feeling like an idiot! So come save me!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

When somebody approaches me it's usually an accident because they have mistaken me for someone else...

I like to be approached. I'm very bashful and I spend most of my time blushing so it's harder for me to approach others without making myself look like I have a crush on them. And I fall over a lot so I often make a fool of myself before I've even opened my mouth.

Ahh it's good to be me.
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."