User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

They seem extremely immature. The ENTP probably likes you and doesn't know what else to do. Young ENTPs are a hurricane of pure Ne, their Ti won't start maturing until their late teens.

But don't listen to everyone in this thread; judge everyone based on their type! Avoid these three! There will never be one that you like!

On a side note- the bully from my old school is a pretty classic ESTJ. One of my very good friends is an ESTJ also. So the correlation definitely works. Same with pretty much every type! I'm sure there is someone of every type that I will hate and someone that I'll love.

For serious though. Just avoid these people. They sound like immature people who just want attention in high school. Find some like minded people (if you haven't already) to associate with.

ENTPs probably do stuff to get reactions out of people so that they are made aware of what the other person thinks of them. This is because ENTPs are awful at determining people's inner emotional states without some sort of Fe information.

Your dad sounds like any dad that is worried about your safety.

Ignore the ESFJ. She will stop caring about you. You've got the entire winter break (they'll probably forget about you), just totally ignore her (and the ENTP/anyone else that bothers you). Stuff should be fine. Problem solved.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BMEF View Post
    I'm sorry.
    Lol! I wasn't scolding

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Lol! I wasn't scolding
    Or (...orrr!) we could shamelessly use her guilt to get free icecreams
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    They seem extremely immature. The ENTP probably likes you and doesn't know what else to do. Young ENTPs are a hurricane of pure Ne, their Ti won't start maturing until their late teens.
    actually i was always very brilliant. But it's my modesty that keeps my feet grounded in reality i believe. hey it's fun how modesty does sound like majesty, which reminds me of me *goes on a self centered rant*
    ENTPs probably do stuff to get reactions out of people so that they are made aware of what the other person thinks of them. This is because ENTPs are awful at determining people's inner emotional states without some sort of Fe information.
    *loud voice* Oh I'm sorry! I'm not a telepath!
    WILL U EVER LET THAT GO! WILL U EVER ACCEPT ME FOR WHO III AMM .
    you're just like my dad! :ouch:
    *runs off*
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I think it's interesting when people complain about people who complain about people.
    If you are refering to me, then I can clear up more things for you. The ENTP male that I know complains about EVERYONE - by everyone, I mean his friends, teachers, and even his family. I am not at all like him. I only complain about people that I really despise.

On a side note- the bully from my old school is a pretty classic ESTJ. One of my very good friends is an ESTJ also. So the correlation definitely works. Same with pretty much every type! I'm sure there is someone of every type that I will hate and someone that I'll love.
    Wow! An ESTJ bully?! What an eye-opener. The ESTJ I know is my life's role-model. Just like Trinity said, using MBTI to pre-judge people is not a good thing. I guess that there are good and bad people of each type.

For serious though. Just avoid these people. They sound like immature people who just want attention in high school. Find some like minded people (if you haven't already) to associate with.

Thanks for the advice! The ENTP I know is really clueless about people's inner emotions.

Ignore the ESFJ. She will stop caring about you. You've got the entire winter break (they'll probably forget about you), just totally ignore her (and the ENTP/anyone else that bothers you). Stuff should be fine. Problem solved.
    I am going to do what you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Lol! I wasn't scolding
    I never said you were.

Read this: INFJ personal growth, especially the problem areas and the strengths. You want to be targeting the strengths because that is when you will be soaring and feeling most fulfilled.

All this stuff is really annoying and drags you down, but it is a trap to be trying to fix people and getting endlessly annoyed with it. Your father will always be your father and will always be himself. You can't really make him someone else, but you can adapt to make your relationship better and more comfortable. The first place where MBTi is useful in this is that Se is your inferior function and his dominant function. It is a type relation which most types have issues with. His strength and powerhouse is the thing that drains you the most. And the same applies the other way. When he is flying, you are totally uncomfortable. When you are flying, he is totally uncomfortable. In this situation it often ends up that both types fight for their own ground and both end up just stunting each other. The trick is to see past the initial reaction of dislike, or at least realise it is not a rule that holds outside your head. His way is completely different, but as acceptable.

I wouldn't quite apply the same thinking to the ENTP situation. It seems like he feels better than you and is dancing around being full of himself. Parts of the type relation still apply though. For example a reason that might seem pointless to you, wouldn't necessarily be pointless to him. Sometimes if you are wrong he will feel the urge to correct you. Most Ti types do. And he is also Ne dominant, so likes to be true to reality and keep other's thoughts true to it. My parents are INTP and INFJ and the blunt "you're wrong" is rarely what the INFJ wants to hear. It feels like they've made a mistake, and now he is rubbing it in. This rarely crosses the INTP's mind though. Something is just wrong and he is putting it right and showing the INFJ and others the correct way to do it. In my view, lack of personal protocol and malicious intent are worlds apart, so the most useful thing type can do here is confirm it is malicious and not the other. ENTPs are normally quite cluey about most things, so you'd give him credit when it comes to knowing the impact of his actions. Still they do banter for a living, so if he doesn't know it grinds away at you that much, he might not have seen it as a big problem.

I should add that grade 10 boys make sense to almost no one. So it might just be phase of growing up also.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BMEF View Post
    I am going to do what you just said.
    Yeah I wanted to elaborate on this point more, but I was tired. But basically after winter break of my Junior year, I decided to just ignore the people who bothered and messed with me. I didn't even look at them. In class, I only associated with my friends or acquaintances (or people that I wanted to be friends with). I didn't give them attention. That's exactly what people want who annoy you, is attention. They'll just move on to someone else if you stop taking the bait.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Read this: INFJ personal growth, especially the problem areas and the strengths. You want to be targeting the strengths because that is when you will be soaring and feeling most fulfilled.

All this stuff is really annoying and drags you down, but it is a trap to be trying to fix people and getting endlessly annoyed with it. Your father will always be your father and will always be himself. You can't really make him someone else, but you can adapt to make your relationship better and more comfortable. The first place where MBTi is useful in this is that Se is your inferior function and his dominant function. It is a type relation which most types have issues with. His strength and powerhouse is the thing that drains you the most. And the same applies the other way. When he is flying, you are totally uncomfortable. When you are flying, he is totally uncomfortable. In this situation it often ends up that both types fight for their own ground and both end up just stunting each other. The trick is to see past the initial reaction of dislike, or at least realise it is not a rule that holds outside your head. His way is completely different, but as acceptable.

I wouldn't quite apply the same thinking to the ENTP situation. It seems like he feels better than you and is dancing around being full of himself. Parts of the type relation still apply though. For example a reason that might seem pointless to you, wouldn't necessarily be pointless to him. Sometimes if you are wrong he will feel the urge to correct you. Most Ti types do. And he is also Ne dominant, so likes to be true to reality and keep other's thoughts true to it. My parents are INTP and INFJ and the blunt "you're wrong" is rarely what the INFJ wants to hear. It feels like they've made a mistake, and now he is rubbing it in. This rarely crosses the INTP's mind though. Something is just wrong and he is putting it right and showing the INFJ and others the correct way to do it. In my view, lack of personal protocol and malicious intent are worlds apart, so the most useful thing type can do here is confirm it is malicious and not the other. ENTPs are normally quite cluey about most things, so you'd give him credit when it comes to knowing the impact of his actions. Still they do banter for a living, so if he doesn't know it grinds away at you that much, he might not have seen it as a big problem.

I should add that grade 10 boys make sense to almost no one. So it might just be phase of growing up also.
    I will try to flourish my strengths. Also, it's a relief to hear someone say that it might just be a phase of growing up.

Yeah I wanted to elaborate on this point more, but I was tired. But basically after winter break of my Junior year, I decided to just ignore the people who bothered and messed with me. I didn't even look at them. In class, I only associated with my friends or acquaintances (or people that I wanted to be friends with). I didn't give them attention. That's exactly what people want who annoy you, is attention. They'll just move on to someone else if you stop taking the bait.
    Thanks for the elaboration.

Thank you both for your help!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I think ESFJs are very demanding when it comes to standards, similar to an INFJ to some extent. But once you make them realise that they have no place being an authoritative figure in the relationship, nor does anyone require the upper hand really, they respect you and that changes everything. To some extent, you need to prove to them that you are capable of standing your own and being a loyal friend, and once that happens you have an ally for life.

Just my experience with a single ENFJ, though. One of my best friends and been so for 15 years now.

..Wow, I just saw the date on this thread. Haha. Oh well, I'm posting anyway. =P