User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glycerine

The key is even if know the information, don't reveal it to the person. Let the person have a chance to tell you. If you do slip up, you can tell them I saw it on your facebook (if you're "friends" w/ them on there). Chances are most of the basic info is on there.

Quote Originally Posted by BMEF View Post
    Yet, no one would suspect me becuase I can be under the radar.. I guess that this is a common INFJ-ish thing.
    Yep, very much. Like the INFJ description says I always seem to pull strings in the background but people don't suspect me influencing things because I seem so harmless and tend to blend in quite well almost anywhere.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    INFJ's do most everything under the surface. They play their cards close to their chests. It's not stalker-y to take an interest in someone. Now, if you drove by their house and waited outside to follow them to Carl's Jr. so you could still their Angus burger soiled napkin as a holy relic... that would be stalker-y.
    Wow... I know "stalker" is a strong word for what I'm talking about, but I knew INFJs would get what i meant.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    People who don't interest me romantically but as fascinating human beings with whom I enjoy talking to. They misunderstand my sudden interest in getting to know them as something deeply romantic.
    That's what I was talking about. The whole misunderstanding thing.

Sniffles

Yeah I have to admit I do this too. When I'm interested in somebody I try to find out as much as possible about them.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENTp

If you are an INFJ and you make my day - go ahead, stalk me.

Wait, it's an INFJ...they actually have the potential to find and understand the parts of me that I hide and.. um...not tell me about it.

*runs away
    "Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible." - Mac Anderson

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    I don't know if you already see what I mean by this...

When I am interested in knowing someone better and see that fuzzy feelings are starting to fill me, I often start looking around for information on that person. I soon become very fascinated and start caring very much... I'm often afraid people will misunderstand (and it has happened), especially that fascinating person...

So I keep very discreet and quiet, and keep the lid tight over my emotions, especially around that person, even becoming cold and somewhat aloof.

And then if I express anything because I'm so exasperated nothing is happening and the person is not cooperating, I get the "You're so independant," "I didn't know you cared at all" "It's not all that easy to read you" and "I had no idea I had any importance to you!"

I am so afraid of becoming a stalker and hurt the potential relationship that I repress everything and live it mostly on the inside.

I'm not sure how to explain it...
    Y'know what I mean?
    It can happen to INFPs too; though since we're not as J, we're less methodical and more opportunistic in our stalking
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    It can happen to INFPs too; though since we're not as J, we're less methodical and more opportunistic in our stalking
    Could not agree more.
    Although, I think the main difference between my INFJ friend and I is that he can be quite oblivious to the little details.
    I don't know if that's an INFJ thing, but I can pick out details way more than he can.
    From the One Light, the entire universe welled up. So who is good, and who is bad? -- Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 1349

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Yep, very much. Like the INFJ description says I always seem to pull strings in the background but people don't suspect me influencing things because I seem so harmless and tend to blend in quite well almost anywhere.

I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I wonder if this sort of thing is just typical NF behavior since we are, on the whole, sensitive about having our feelings hurt. The lot of us wear our hearts on our sleeves, it can be so easy to crush us, truly. I know whenever I like someone I feel a little embarrassed about it at first, it makes me feel insecure. I tell myself to "be cool,." What I'm seeing here is not that you are a stalker, but that you are almost expressing shame for being so emotionally vulnerable and romantic.