User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Underlines sky's name twice

please ladies, don't mind me, i'm just being a silly bear.
    *Pencils in the bears name in the stalker list. Twice*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I see, so you're stealing my things now!?
    *takes more notes*
    *seems to underline something many times*
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Just remember if you smell a faint tinge of chocolate mixed with jelly, HIDE.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Just remember if you smell a faint tinge of chocolate mixed with jelly, HIDE.

I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

INFJ's do most everything under the surface. They play their cards close to their chests. It's not stalker-y to take an interest in someone. Now, if you drove by their house and waited outside to follow them to Carl's Jr. so you could still their Angus burger soiled napkin as a holy relic... that would be stalker-y.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Now, if you drove by their house and waited outside to follow them to Carl's Jr. so you could still their Angus burger soiled napkin as a holy relic... that would be stalker-y.
    They'll never open up if you start holding them up to such standards!
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I know I am very tactical when I'm dealing with people, especially people I am interested in. I'm usualy interested in people I think are quite unique to the people around them, but that kind of interest slides into idealizing pretty quickly.

I've been learning to just talk to that person and let things flow naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    They'll never open up if you start holding them up to such standards!
    'Open up?'

*writes the bear's name down on his own list.*
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

That is creepy.

I'll make sure to hide my information better.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    INFJ's do most everything under the surface. They play their cards close to their chests. It's not stalker-y to take an interest in someone. Now, if you drove by their house and waited outside to follow them to Carl's Jr. so you could still their Angus burger soiled napkin as a holy relic... that would be stalker-y.
    Bolded the part I completely relate to. And, to the other person here who said that (essentially) being direct is like pulling teeth. I don't feel badly about myself for being this way (NFs can often feel badly about themselves), or for having a strong intuitive romantic feeling about someone. NFs pick up on nuances and often are correct about what is going on under the surface. One of the main ways human beings communicate is through sub-text and body language.

NFs also like go about things indirectly, and to another NF (I've found), they understand and appreciate the creative and seductive aspect of this. It's about patience, in a way. I also love and appreciate the mystery associated with having a strong, gut feeling about someone. If it's not reciprocated, I usually pick up on that right away. But, if it is, then you have the opportunity to experience, potentially, a great love, or someone who could change your life, in ways you may not expect. If an NF denigrates himself or herself about this, I feel they cut themselves off from their natural gifts, and lose an opportunity for a special friendship or deeper connection with someone.

About not being direct: it's extremely difficult for me to be direct (painful), especially when feelings are strong. I think you can be direct too soon and make the other person feel uncomfortable and back away. I would rather have the patience of Job then make someone feel as if their boundaries are being violated. At some point, though, I feel I have to take a risk and say what needs to be said. After all, the other person may be at sea as much as I am and needs me to take a chance.

Back to the main question: I've felt stalker-y only once with someone who was a pathological push-pull, come-forward, go-back individual. I was particularly vulnerable at the time, and it was not a good feeling to feel so....desperate. I'm stronger in myself now, and that helps when I have strong romantic feelings. I don't get quite so lost in the feelings.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    I don't know if you already see what I mean by this...

When I am interested in knowing someone better and see that fuzzy feelings are starting to fill me, I often start looking around for information on that person. I soon become very fascinated and start caring very much... I'm often afraid people will misunderstand (and it has happened), especially that fascinating person...

So I keep very discreet and quiet, and keep the lid tight over my emotions, especially around that person, even becoming cold and somewhat aloof.

And then if I express anything because I'm so exasperated nothing is happening and the person is not cooperating, I get the "You're so independant," "I didn't know you cared at all" "It's not all that easy to read you" and "I had no idea I had any importance to you!"

I am so afraid of becoming a stalker and hurt the potential relationship that I repress everything and live it mostly on the inside.

I'm not sure how to explain it...
    Y'know what I mean?
    I totally unnderstand you! Sometimes when I find someone interesting, I would secretly take things to the next level by trying to find out as much information as possible about that other person without him or her knowing.. Yet, no one would suspect me becuase I can be under the radar.. I guess that this is a common INFJ-ish thing.