User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I keep reading these things about the xNFJ desire to fix people.

ENTP is one of the types that fights against that kind of thing the most ... the desire to be independent, etc.

So if I were to let go and say they're right and allow an xNFJ fix me, what would they turn me into? Would I end up able to shoot confetti from my fingertips? That could be cool.

Or would I just dress better?

If it's an INFJ, they will probably probe around in your psyche to see if you have any issues that are in the realm of a personality disorder, any leanings towards mental illness, or past trauma that needs healing. That's what I would do, anyway.

MBTI
    ENFP

I HATE it when Fe types try to "fix" me. And I'm not even an ENTP. So that would be a no. I love the ones that don't. Unless it's a female XNFJ with ulterior motives involved in said fixing, and then you can fix me all night long.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

What is there to fix? We're practically perfect as it is...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    What is there to fix? We're practically perfect as it is...

I was waiting for this one.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

Phantonym

You can't really "fix" anybody unless they acknowledge that there are some changes they should make. You can't fix somebody who doesn't want to fix things for themselves. That's not how it works.

If an xNFJ (or anybody, for that matter) comes for you with a desperate need to fix everything he/she thinks is "wrong" with you, then that's a seriously unhealthy approach and the xNFJ might be in need of fixing.

The "fixing" involves seeing possibilities of you being the best you can be, helping you discover those possibilities within yourself. Things that you didn't really pay that much attention to and maybe offer insights that lead you to realizations you might have not reached or you wanted to resist yourself. Offer support and understanding, creating a supportive environment so that you could come to things yourself instead of being forced.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    You can't really "fix" anybody unless they acknowledge that there are some changes they should make. You can't fix somebody who doesn't want to fix things for themselves. That's not how it works.

If an INFJ comes for you with a desperate need to fix everything he/she thinks is "wrong" with you, then that's a seriously unhealthy approach and the INFJ might be in need of fixing.

The "fixing" involves seeing possibilities of you being the best you can be, helping you discover those possibilities within yourself. Things that you didn't really pay that much attention to and maybe offer insights that lead you to realizations you might have not reached or you wanted to resist yourself. Offer support and understanding, creating a supportive environment so that you could come to things yourself instead of being forced.

For that answer, I'm going to have to make sure you get that hippo you've been asking for.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I was waiting for this one.
    Of course you were because we all know it's true.

I was actually a bit surprised to see that it hadn't been posted yet in the first place.

It'd be cool if xNFJs could grant us the ability to shoot confetti out of our fingers though. Then it really would be a party wherever we go.

Phantonym

For that answer, I'm going to have to make sure you get that hippo you've been asking for.
    Make that in blue!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

"Fixing" as in neutering so that ENTPs don't proliferate in the wild to the point where we hit them with our cars as they stroll in herds across the lonely backroad highways?

"Fixing" as in the Southern word for side dishes, usually cole slaw, french fries, potato salad or peach cobbler, usually eaten at a tailgating party?

"Fixing" as in a mafia bribe where people say things like "Wise guy, eh?!" and "the fix is in!"

Then the answer is no. Unless it happens to be yes.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    "Fixing" as in neutering so that ENTPs don't proliferate in the wild to the point where we hit them with our cars as they stroll in herds across the lonely backroad highways?
    That'd be a futile act, imho. We've constructed ENTP sperm banks all over the country in an effort to counterattack the genocide attempts of you crazy NFJs.

"Fixing" as in the Southern word for side dishes, usually cole slaw, french fries, potato salad or peach cobbler, usually eaten at a tailgating party?
    Everybody knows that fried ENTPs are the best fixin' this side of the Mississippi!

"Fixing" as in a mafia bribe where people say things like "Wise guy, eh?!" and "the fix is in!"
    Idk what this means, but Al Pacino is mighty sexy in The Godfather!

Thanks for giving us all the colloquial definitions of the word "fixing."