User Tag List

12 Last

Default Freedom for your soul?

What is it?
    what's freedom to you..
    are you there ?

what would you need to achieve in order to feel spiritualy free....

(i dont mean moments when you feel free, i mean in general... as whole person)

MBTI
    ENTP

Joy... when I improv piano... or sing for people or listen to this[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCLxso5XDN4"]Mendelssohn Violin Concerto [/YOUTUBE]

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i feel free when i feel perfectly centered. which is easy when i'm well-rested. which is easy when i have no responsibilities. so i feel free when i have absolutely no responsibilities.

altho obviously even laziness becomes a responsibility eventually, dependency in fact being inescapable.

i also feel free when i am unselfconsciousofspelling and grammatical eras and just let it all out with joyous raised arms like the world champion of running at fat kid camp.

MBTI
    INTP

Spiritual freedom is the only freedom that can never be taken away, and it is, roughly, the manner in which you interpret your experience. It is the freedom to find meaning in your life.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest you read Victor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning. It's an easy read, (well, some people find it very difficult to read), but, despite its simplicity, Mr. Frankl gives an excellent exposition of this type of freedom.

MBTI
    ISTP

Being in direct contact with the world and in full communion with nature. With the sails set sweetly and the boat holding her course by herself in the gentle breeze, no land in sight and a full-sweep of stars in the clear night sky. I lay on my back, alone on my little boat, and feel truly free. That is for me life - a true understanding of my place in the world, and ability to determine by position on this planet by referencing the stars above and around me.

That and skiing - moving with fluidity and performing those movements to the best of my ability. Wahoooo

MBTI
    ENFP

Freedom is an absolute comfort in your own skin. The self confidence to make mistakes and learn from them.

And having a constant passion for something, a goal that keeps you moving forward. I think that sort of sums up Victor Frankl book. So I guess for me complete freedom is having complete meaning in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Abuwabu View Post
    Being in direct contact with the world and in full communion with nature. With the sails set sweetly and the boat holding her course by herself in the gentle breeze, no land in sight and a full-sweep of stars in the clear night sky. I lay on my back, alone on my little boat, and feel truly free. That is for me life - a true understanding of my place in the world, and ability to determine by position on this planet by referencing the stars above and around me.

That and skiing - moving with fluidity and performing those movements to the best of my ability. Wahoooo
    love the answer. And explain why is so cool to be SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Susenfp View Post
    Freedom is an absolute comfort in your own skin. The self confidence to make mistakes and learn from them.

And having a constant passion for something, a goal that keeps you moving forward.
    That's kinda freedom for me too...

MBTI
    ENFP

"sails set sweetly and the boat holding her course by herself in the gentle breeze, no land in sight and a full-sweep of stars in the clear night sky. I lay on my back, alone on my little boat, and feel truly free. That is for me life - a true understanding of my place in the world, and ability to determine by position on this planet by referencing the stars above and around me." Abuwabu

I SO wish I could feel that way about life.....I'd never come inside.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm free whenever I can stop thinking and merely exist. My mind is a labyrinth. Entrapped but rewarding.

But when I can move beyond it and live spontaneously, I feel free.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I feel the most free when I am walking a long distance on a bike path near the water. I see the boats passing me and I watch the people sitting patiently with their fishing lines. I look at the sky and see that it is gray, white, and several shades of blue. I look at the rocks in the water and am fascinated by their shapes and colors. I pick up interestingly colored and shaped pebbles for my pebble collection. I observe the waterfowl diving straight down for food. I listen to the screams of the birds above me. A few deer run in front of me. Tiny snakes slither away so fast that I can only sense the movement. My head and heart are full of music. I sing my happiness. The joy at being this free builds up and I want to dance down the bike path.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.