User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freedom for your soul?

I think freedom lies in knowing/experiencing and accepting the truth. The truth of life and how things are and of yourself in relation to that. So that the true you is connected to the true reality and in harmony. Then there is no conflict so there is complete freedom. Not just intellectually but truly knowing/feeling who you are and being able to develop your potential no matter what is happening externally.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    What is it?
    what's freedom to you..are you there ?

what would you need to achieve in order to feel spiritualy free....

(i dont mean moments when you feel free, i mean in general... as whole person)
    Maybe if I achieved the following 3-goals...
    1. to find what feels 'real', is real (because it stands the test of time)
    2. to understand
    3. to be understood (where my feelings were protected at times when it matters most;i.e., when I'm overwhelmed), I'm not there.

Finding the right words.
    No, I'm not there yet.
    From the One Light, the entire universe welled up. So who is good, and who is bad? -- Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 1349

Senior Member Array HollyGolightly's Avatar
    1w2 sp/so

I have always felt like freedom is understanding. Things will never go exactly the way we want them to go and there will always be times where we feel trapped and as if we have a lack of control. But you can regain that control. Once you understand why and how things came to be, it's very liberating.

I'm almost there. I need to figure out a few things, such as why they happened, why they are happening etc. I also need to work on how I see myself and become more comfortable with it. I understand that I am meant to look this way, I am meant to be this way and there isn't much wrong with that...but I'm not entirely comfortable with myself yet. Self acceptance is also freedom. To feel inferior and inadequate is like being a prisoner.
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

I guess ridding myself of interdependence. I don't want to be responsible for any actions but my own. I don't want to be obligated towards people "just cause". I don't particularly enjoy the feeling of being needed, or depended upon. Unless it's something I chose for myself, by starting a family, for example.

That's freedom to me.
    Not there, especially not during this season.

do we actually have souls? wonder what its made of? what keeps it from dissipating when we die?(if we do have one)

Senior Member Array LindseyLadybug's Avatar

Spiritual freedom to me is when I have the freedom to gain knowledge and decide for myself about what I believe and what my values are without others trying to smother me with theirs (that they "inherited" or "borrowed" from their parents and don't completely understand anyway).

Those moments when I realize that God is much bigger and complex than I like to think. I find comfort in that as well.

When I see how past hardships fit perfectly into the puzzle of my current life. Also, how those trials have shaped my character in a particular way and had the trials been slightly different or shorter or never happened at all, they would've had a completely different effect.

Seeing God in the details of my life. In other words, patterns I can see that are (I believe) more than coincidence. For example, finding out friends have had experiences so eerily similar to mine, it gives me chills.

Being held by a friend who truly loves me. Not by someone who feels sorry for me or is putting on an act because they feel obligated to make me feel better. But someone who genuinely wants me to feel how much they love me and and wants me to feel comforted. Feeling completely at peace in their tender embrace.

Realizing I am accepted by someone when I know that I am completely being myself around them. And then thinking, All this time, I could've been free from facades and found people like him/her a lot sooner...

Feeling the weakest I've ever felt and yet the strongest I've ever felt all at the same time during a difficult period in my life. Being at peace about it. Thinking, I'm at my breaking point. I have nothing left. And I'm a better person for it and I will get through this.

Knowing I don't have to be a prisioner of my fears, circumstances, or others' false perceptions/judgments of me.
    "Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes...I fancy myself to be a 64-color box...I can only meet the 8-color boxes...I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of when I meet someone who's an 8-color type... I'm like, "Hey girl, magenta!" and she's like, "Oh, you mean purple!" and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, "No - I want magenta!" -John Mayer

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    do we actually have souls? wonder what its made of? what keeps it from dissipating when we die?(if we do have one)
    wrong thread dude.

Senior Member Array ObliviousExistence's Avatar

Freedom for me is a combination of financial freedom, freedom to live a life of my own choosing, freedom to make mistakes and freedom from social&cultural coercion (individual freedom)