Quote Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
Sounds like me, . I`m usually the one my friends like to confide in and seek out advice. I like the trust they show me, but I find it funny that it`s on issues I have no personal experience in. Relationship-wise I`m very much a late bloomer (just turned 20 and had no relationship I`d consider serious) and still it`s the most wanted advice-zone. I asked a friend once about it, why she seeks out my advice when she`s clearly got more experience. And she said it doesn`t matter, because either I totally hit the mark with what I tell her,or I totally miss it, there`s no in between. She can tell when I`m taking it the wrong way, but she likes the insight when I look at the situation from a different angle than she considered.

I always felt more mature than most of my peers, but at the same time people in HS often told me how childish I was. Maybe it`s because I get in touch with other peoples emotions that I can imagine how something feels like, but the fact that I didn`t really experience these emotions in person makes me childlike. It`s like looking into the water from above. I can clearly see that it`s deep, but I don`t know exactly how deep it is until I jump in.

I don`t really understand what the term "growing up" is supposed to be about. I think personal growth and learning are continuous projects, not something like a switch. Or maybe certain life experience make such an impact on you that you make a bigger leap into maturity and make it seem like a sudden change. But it`s not like you can force these experiences.

The first paragraph seems to be a theme with INFPs. I agree about the "growing up" process also. You expect it to be a clear change, but it's really a gradual thing with a lot of gray area and it never ends. However, when I look back, I see definite maturity in myself now compared to when I was, say, 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
That's what the general public gets to see.

I've always been the "mature one" but I don't think I'll ever really "grow up". Whatever that means. I can sense within myself so much imaginative idealism and curiosity towards everything and that has only grown throughout the years that I have a hard time imagining how could I ever really lose it. I do appear very serious, determined and "stiff" in real life but oh boy, if you'd only see the expression on my face that I don't show to the rest of the world at that time -
Oh, I don't doubt that INFJs are imaginative and curious. It's more of a behavior and demeanor projected, as even you say. They seem more composed than INFPs. INFPs get stuck with the blowing in the wind hippy stigma for a reason .