User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Type "Blind Spots"

Hey all;

Was pondering something this morning ... what are the blind spots of different types?

What I mean by that, for example, is that we could say that the blind spot of the ENFJ is "humility" ... they don't seem to have a sense of it.

Maybe for an ESTJ the blind spot would be "empathy".

(These suggestions are completely subjective btw, and open for debate.)

What is the blind spot of the INFP?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

The inferior function would usually indicate the blind spot or weakness of weak type. For an INFP that would be Te, the ability to think and act in an organised, effective mannor. Inferior Te usually manifests itself as an inability to priorities or a tendancy focus on one thing too much when trying to get a job done.

MBTI
    INFJ

*palmface* ... I thought about cross-referencing over to cognitivefunctions.com and answered my own question about 1/2 hour after posting this.

Thanks for the reply ... sorry for the elementary question.

/mornings

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by VissralNaction View Post
    *palmface* ... I thought about cross-referencing over to cognitivefunctions.com and answered my own question about 1/2 hour after posting this.

Thanks for the reply ... sorry for the elementary question.

/mornings
    Mistakes are part of being human.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

inferior function is a good start, tying it to an enneagram ego complex helps too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by VissralNaction View Post

What is the blind spot of the INFP?
    Assertiveness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    inferior function is a good start, tying it to an enneagram ego complex helps too.
    But people of the same mbti type can be different enneagram types?

Also I'm not sure if that would be derailing, but since the op had his questions answered, maybe I could intervene with my own related question: could anybody explicate a little bit, or maybe post a link to an explanation of how inferior functions manifest themselves?
    I understand inferior Te (for obvious reasons), but I have trouble understanding some other functions. Like inferior Si for instance, what is the weakness of ENFP?

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    yep, inferior function seems a good place to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenihita View Post
    I understand inferior Te (for obvious reasons), but I have trouble understanding some other functions. Like inferior Si for instance, what is the weakness of ENFP?
    For ENFP it is probably the small routine stuff. Though I'm normally aware of it still. It just doesn't pass the care-factor test, so gets dismissed too easily.

Ti also goes against my natural style of thinking, so can be difficult.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I seem to have a big blind spot for routine. Or what I call: Unimportant stuff. It drives many people crazy.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The inferior function would usually indicate the blind spot or weakness of weak type. For an INFP that would be Te, the ability to think and act in an organised, effective mannor. Inferior Te usually manifests itself as an inability to priorities or a tendancy focus on one thing too much when trying to get a job done.
    I can be organized and effective.....For me, it has everything to do with how much I care. At work, I am very efficient and get annoyed when others are not. It's important to me not to waste time working anymore than I have to .

That may be the "ESTJ business suit" spoken of for an INFP. I bet you'd be surprised to speak to an aggressive, blunt, direct person in a work situation and discover they are INFP, but it's just a mask they put on because they don't know how to use Fi Ne to get the job done. Problem is, the suit doesn't fit very well, and it's not very becoming.

For me, weak Te also seems to come out in blowing things out of proportion. It's easy for me to lose perspective if something affects me emotionally.

I also am normally more of the "big picture" person, unless it is something important to me, and then I get lost in the details and blow their importance out of proportion. The perfectionist part of me comes out.

The "Fi Si" loop discussed in previous threads is a huge blind spot for INFPs also - getting stuck on what was and avoiding it so that you become fearful and withdrawn. The Ne Fi ability to see what isn't there but what could be (idealizing/criticizing everything), and then miss what is actually there can be an issue. Every function has a weakness.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe