• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] What is your favorite quote...

TrueHeart

MBTI Type
INFP
"Make nobody a priority who makes you an option." (Anonymous)

"There are accents in the eye which are not on the tongue, and more tales come from pale lips than can enter an ear. It is both the grandeur and the pain of the remoter moods that they avoid the pathway of sound." (Thomas Hardy)

"Be not afraid!" (Pope John Paul II)

"Love is the burning point of life, and since all life is sorrowful, so is love. The stronger the love, the more the pain. Love itself is a pain, you might say — the pain of being truly alive." (Joseph Campbell)

"In a higher world it is otherwise, but here below to live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often." (Newman)

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin." (Mother Teresa)

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." (Tolkien)

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting." ("Mr. Spock")

"There can be no understanding between the hands and the head unless the heart acts as mediator." (Fritz Lang)

"When I am in a room with People, if ever I am free from speculating on creations of my own brain, then not myself goes home to myself; but the identity of everyone in the room begins to press upon me so that I am in a very little time annihilated — not only among Men: it would be the same in a Nursery of children." (Keats)

"Did you ever notice how long you have to see most things before you see them?" (Ralph Parlette)

"Quarrel not at all. No man resolved to make the most of himself, can spare time for personal contention. Still less can he afford to take all the consequences, including the vitiating of his temper, and the loss of self-control. Yield larger things to which you can show no more than equal right; and yield lesser ones, though clearly your own. Better give your path to a dog, than be bitten by him in contesting for the right." (Lincoln)

"Your identity is your most valuable possession! Protect it!" ("Helen Parr")

"I know that Catholicism is too large for me, and I have not yet explored its beautiful or terrible truths." (Chesterton)

"Many people lose the small joys in the hope for the big happiness." (Pearl Buck)

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." (Lewis)

"Be humble, but not fearful. Be simple, but not naive. Be thoughtful, but not complicated. Enter into dialog with everyone, but remain yourself." (Pope Benedict XVI)

"Oh wad some Power the giftie gie us / To see oursels as ithers see us!" (Burns)

"Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly – and leave the rest to God." (Anon.)

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Perfect love is rare indeed - for to be a lover will require that you continually have the subtlety of the very wise, the flexibility of the child, the sensitivity of the artist, the understanding of the philosopher, the acceptance of the saint, the tolerance of the scholar and the fortitude of the certain. ~Leo Buscaglia

A

A window to the soul

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the LORD, who has compassion for you." (Isaiah 54:10)

...Reminding us we serve a loving God.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
"Let us leave pretty women to men devoid of imagination."

Agnes

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
89?
Favourite quote? Like that's possible :D

Currently:
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
“I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you.” - Frida Kahlo

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"It's not nice to piss off Mother Nature...''

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"no one warns you about the amount of mourning in growth" - Té V. Smith

SENSEI

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Ins
"Sensei is the messiah"

-Seito (apprentice)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"In America the President reigns for four years, and Journalism governs for ever and ever. Fortunately in America Journalism has carried its authority to the grossest and most brutal extreme. As a natural consequence it has begun to create a spirit of revolt. People are amused by it, or disgusted by it, according to their temperaments. But it is no longer the real force it was. It is not seriously treated."
- Oscar Wilde

renaiziphonts

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
9W1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, in transformers, the guy says "HEY! We do not use the "J word" here!" in reference to all his Junk, I really liked that, though albert einstein said “The release of atomic power has changed everything except our way of thinking ... the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." and that one is humbling, but lastly, this one connects on a personal level.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"When others demand that we become the people they want us to be, they force us to destroy the person we really are. ... The most loving parents and relatives commit this murder with smiles on their faces." - Jim Morrison