User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    Wasn’t trying to imply you were attempting to take Nietzsche’s ideas and present them as your own. And I certainly was unable to pick-up on the fact that IM was merely trying to encourage you to pursue schooling in Philosophy.

I merely got a giggle from the notion that you were possibly presenting a whole new school of philosophical thought...which is how it was put forth. And all I could see was Absolutism vs Relativism…or Objective Morality vs Subjective Morality. Basically the sum total of all post-modern thinking. So…I laugh a lot. No big.

You can’t exist in modern society and not be influenced by Nietzsche. It is just how it is. You do not even need to know he existed…and if you are living today…his thoughts will be yours.
    I had no idea He is so prevalent. I hear his name a lot , obviously.. and I know he is the creator of Superman..

OK That is a Joke..

I was also answering I.M. in my last post as well.. and maybe should have implied that.. my bad ..

It might be a good idea if I were to peruse going to university , to maybe read some of this stuff before hand.
    Nietzsche is on the list I guess, if I sound something like him.. maybe I will relate to him??

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Umm...I am pretty sure Nietzsche (just for one) beat Arclight to the punch there. LOL.
    It's nice that you are knowledgeable about schools of philosophy. Now if you could just acquire some manners.....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I find cheating a strange premise. Its almost like because people are unsatisfied with themselves they go and try to fill their emptiness with others because their relationships are providing their emptiness. And when their emptiness continues the reasoning behind cheating becomes such that it is a natural extension of filling their emptiness. When in reality people are disconnected from themselves on a level that created that discontinuity and unsatisfactory of unsecured insecurity to seek out others to fill the emptiness and loneliness that the initial relationship was meant to fill. Or at least create a positive experience and when this changes then the divide seems to change. Cheating is also a strange term because it feels to me that it is a judgment as well. And the judgment is the circumstance of the expression of filling the emptiness and insecurity people have about themselves. Where the betrayal and abandonment that happens because of the cheating that is to fill the emptiness that is really a disconnect from themselves and their emptiness happens.

Which means that somewhere along the line this behaviour became normalsed as an act of compulsion based on their own betrayal and abandonment of their self and subconsciously enact this same beahviour pattern without experiencing true loving intention and security their whole lives because inside they feel empty. And then externalise this as sexual gratification and cheating. It is possible I suppose, I wouldn't know. Cheating is something that I find bizarre.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

I have not, and would not cheat, If I was in a monogamous relationship with some one, and felt I could no longer be monogamous with them (haven't had a problem yet, but IF...) I would discuss these feelings with them, and go from there, everything completely above board... either make the relationship poly, or end the relationship if that is what seems best for the both of us...

Cheating at games, or school, nope, I feel no sense of accomplishment if I dont win/pass a test, based on my own abilities/merit without cheating... the few times I have tried to cheat when I was younger, the guilt ate me up, and I admitted it,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Nietzsche is on the list I guess, if I sound something like him.. maybe I will relate to him??
    Oh God yes. With your 5 wing? I would go to a used book store today and pick-up a copy of Beyond Good & Evil.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

never have, never will.

this is the one area of my life in which i understand the notion of compartmentalizing. other men transform into mere carbon-based life forms when i'm in a relationship with someone.

i don't judge anyone who has cheated. i've simply no insight into the factors that go into doing that. we all have something to work on when it comes to relationships. cheating is simply not an issue with which i ever have struggled or (i suspect) with which i ever will. probably because i dive into relationships tutu first, and never look back.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Nietzsche was a very interesting read...cant say I relate to him, but beyond good and evil was an interesting read,lol...

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    I find cheating a strange premise. Its almost like because people are unsatisfied with themselves they go and try to fill their emptiness with others because their relationships are providing their emptiness. And when their emptiness continues the reasoning behind cheating becomes such that it is a natural extension of filling their emptiness. When in reality people are disconnected from themselves on a level that created that discontinuity and unsatisfactory of unsecured insecurity to seek out others to fill the emptiness and loneliness that the initial relationship was meant to fill. Or at least create a positive experience and when this changes then the divide seems to change. Cheating is also a strange term because it feels to me that it is a judgment as well. And the judgment is the circumstance of the expression of filling the emptiness and insecurity people have about themselves. Where the betrayal and abandonment that happens because of the cheating that is to fill the emptiness that is really a disconnect from themselves and their emptiness happens.

Which means that somewhere along the line this behaviour became normalsed as an act of compulsion based on their own betrayal and abandonment of their self and subconsciously enact this same beahviour pattern without experiencing true loving intention and security their whole lives because inside they feel empty. And then externalise this as sexual gratification and cheating. It is possible I suppose, I wouldn't know. Cheating is something that I find bizarre.
    Or... Just hormones..

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Oh God yes. With your 5 wing? I would go to a used book store today and pick-up a copy of Beyond Good & Evil.
    It's never dawned on me.. I have heard that Title.. but never really considered what it implied. But Yes My whole existence is about knowing there is more to morality, (or a lack of,) than Just simple good and bad..

Now see. Why did I ignore this stuff when I was younger for sex, drugs , rock n roll and traveling..??

Oh. *remembers*.. That's why.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I also want to add.. That Intricate Mystic is my friend.. and That Post she made was a challenge to me, and a continuation of an earlier conversation we had.
    She knows more about The Schools of philosophy than I do, by a country mile..
    She is just very subtle .. If I know her.. this post she made is a gentle INFJ nudge towards something she feels is my destiny.