• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What do you want to be like?

Kyi

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ugh, there's so much more I wish I could be. Some, possible. Others... just wouldn't be me. Or maybe just a much better version of me.

-Motivation. This is my biggest problem. Its torture to do almost anything that I don't really want to do. I've been slacking off so much, not going to school, not looking for a new job, but... I'm kind of okay with being like this. It's other people that make me feel like I shouldn't.

-Confidence. I think I am a pretty confident person in most cases, but I am insecure of my abilities and the whole world just kind of freaks me out sometime. I'm scared of what I'll encounter and how my dreams will shatter before my eyes when I realize this is totally not what I thought of it to be. I just want to be able to just do it and not worry about it so much.

-Patience and control? I get upset and worked up pretty easily. I tell myself in my mind that I shouldn't and I need to relax and be in control of my emotions. But deep down, I feel the livid energy building inside and I can't help myself. I cry, get immature, lose my temper, nervous, then I feel stupid and apologize a lot.

The perils of being NFP!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Useful in practice rather than just theory...

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
The main thing I wish I was better at is that first step towards enacting my plans (be the academic, financial, or social). Once I get started, I'm good at following through. It's just taking that first step that I would like to be a little better at.

P

Phantonym

I wish I weren't so moody, flippant and impatient at times. I'd like to have more persistent balance and be less insecure so that I could be a better me.

EarthSoul

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would like to be less concerned about what others think of me, be less self loathing/ depressive, focus on all the great things I have accomplished, be more confident in my abilities, not as uptight in social situations, and less procrastination

dylate

MBTI Type
ENTP
Procrastination & Over-planning everything, sometimes its just best to jump in. I lack that leap of faith alot.

dylate

MBTI Type
ENTP
-Confidence. I think I am a pretty confident person in most cases, but I am insecure of my abilities and the whole world just kind of freaks me out sometime. I'm scared of what I'll encounter and how my dreams will shatter before my eyes when I realize this is totally not what I thought of it to be. I just want to be able to just do it and not worry about it so much.

!

Yea, making that leap of faith certainly helps here too.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
uglygq.jpg

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I'd like to manage my time left on this Earth better: focus on the things that are important and screw the things that aren't.

Utilize potential better, in every area of my life, be it that self-development, talents, or whatever.

No matter how little I'd have of what I do, I want to utilize that little that I have in the best way I can.

Always do my best, be the best me I could possibly be, that is who I'd like to be. That's all I can do.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'd probably like to be more of an xNFJ - my interaction with people is pretty crappy.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd like to be at peace with myself. More brave/bold. Not give a damn what other people think. I've always been "the weird kid", but when I was younger I was actually okay with it, maybe even proud of it. Now I'm not. I don't know what happened.

I'd like to be as active in the real world as I am in my head.

Airwalker

MBTI Type
INFP
Ack! There's too much. I want to have a better memory, quicker wit, more visual and spatial intelligence, greater command of objectivity/logic, more wisdom, more breadth and depth of knowledge, greater ambition, a way with words. I want to be much more intelligent, charismatic, generous, cultured, creative, quick on my feet, talented, musical, and sophisticated. I also want to be a badass with less oversensitivity, more moxie and at least one awesome catchphrase. :devil:

Oh, and to be more patient, confident in myself and happy with what I already have. Whoops... :doh:

Those are all the things that i am working on and I have achieved a lot of them with one side effect. I takes ALOT of energy. ALOT of energy. People at work or people who i have just met. Don't believe i'm an INFP. They all think i'm this extrovert that has his life "together". But when i'm tired ..oh boy..INFP guy pops up immediately.

But all the traits you mentioned you can learn or cultivate. And a few are already part of you, but you need to get into challenging situation where this trait will pop up. A few traits you mentioned are traits not "natural" to us INFP's. These are in my opinion the hardest to cultivate since it kinda goes against your nature, and can make you feel like your not being yourself.

What I want is to have more control over me being oversensitive. People don't see it put , it's a ongoing war in my head and to be able to keep in touch with friends better.