User Tag List

First 123 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I would love to save the world, but I'm afraid that I'm not exactly the person you would choose if you had to find someone who would be good at killing a few billion people without getting killed herself.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    thats ruining the world, not saving it.
    Not necessarily...

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

What does it mean to do your bit to contribute to the world or even the world around you?

I like the question raised because it does match so well with a quintessential ENFP trait - to make a contribution and to make life better for the people around us, as many as possible. One area in which we can be quite ambitious, in spite of ourselves.

In my view, all this involves is exerting individual effort to help people's lives be better in some way and isn't just done with the goal of reward. That could be done anywhere and in any field, right? Some through education, some through technological developments that make life easier or increase our knowledge, some through being good friends/family members....

At the heart of humanitarianism is the idea of being human - compassionate, egalitarian, just, fair...it's lovely if that leads to a life that involves great humanitarian work but being human could be enough for some and still be a significant contribution.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Although I don't consider myself much of a humanitarian, I will post anyways because other people do.

I volunteer once a year to different things. Animal shelters, soup kitchens, I try to mix it up. Last year I was attempting to volunteer at PUSH (a skateboarding community here) but I haven't been approved on the committee yet, so I felt a bit bad that I didn't do much of anything.

My current job is in the US Army National Guard, so I served overseas in OIF.
    I'm currently a fulltime student one semester and a final away from my Associates in Science, where I will go on to enroll in a surgical technician certification. My plans are to get my Bachelors in Biology (or Biotechnology, I haven't decided yet) to attempt the MCAT for Medical school.

^ These are all plans subject to change at any time.

Outside of that, I do oddball jobs to finance my bills and life while I stay at home and help my family out.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceRobin View Post
    Honestly, I think ENFPs can differ depending on their ennegram. I think most of us are either a 2 (Helper), 3 (Acheiver) or 7 (enthusiast). If you are more of a 2 w a 7, you will go out there and find a way to help while mixing in adventure. If you are a 3, you will be more concerned with the status quo and find smaller ways to help. I'm a mix of all 3, but as I mature am starting to realize to find my true self I need to ditch the 3, so I obviously I will be embracing more of my 3 and 7. Peace out USA. Others need our help
    I feel the EXACT same way on this aspect. I hang out with two other ENFPs on a regular basis, and our differences are vast despite our thinking processes being similar, due to the different things that drive us in our lives.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISFJ

I guess that makes the ENFP enneagram type 8 - the benevolent dictator uh?

MBTI
    ENFP

I think INFJ's more appropriately deserve the label of humanitarians.

Two things I am training to do, but have not done yet:

-Teach dance to underprivileged inner city kids
    -do medical volunteering or teaching over seas
    Holy sh**t a talking muffin!

All shotguns and lace.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I have done quite a bit of volunteer work, but not so much in the last 10 years. I used to volunteer with teen moms, fundraise for charities, organize children's programs, run youth groups ... then, I experienced a burn-out just before I turned 30. Had to rethink the how and why of spending all my energy.

Continually, there's the pull to help but I work a lot harder to balance it now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I used to do all kinds of voluteer work before I started college. I visited women in prison, donated to charities, organized a fundraiser for a battered women's shelter, and fed homeless people.

Now that I'm in school, I don't really do much for other people anymore. I go to class, work, and then when I'm not doing that I'm pretty lazy and self-absorbed now. I hope I get my humanitarian streak back after I graduate from college. I do still care for stray pets and that type of thing, so my heart still bleeds - I'm just not as active about it.

I find happiness in helping the masses via my day to day activities as I have very little time to volunteer.

I actually got points off in my annual performance review for caring too much about my customer and putting their needs ahead of making a bit of extra incremental revenue for the company.

I also will very actively defend the worker bees in my organization and try and look after their best interests when large organizational changes are being made.