User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Default How can I help my ENFP friend?

She is entering a depression, and it is very hard for her, much harder than it is for me since I am accustomed to it.

I can't provide her with the emotional support she needs, even if I can say the words.

I went through depression for the first time in my life just last week. If she's anything like me, she'll miss herself in a few days time and bounce back. We love life too much to stay depressed for very long.

And nobody can give us the emotional support we need, we just have to remember we are ENFP! AND WE ARE STRONG!

Just let her know you're there for her. She'll remember who she is once the inquisitive nature is satisfied about how unfun being depressed is.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

depends how bad the depression is jake, as we can have the illusion of being okay while we're falling apart inside.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by kathara View Post
    She is entering a depression, and it is very hard for her, much harder than it is for me since I am accustomed to it.

I can't provide her with the emotional support she needs, even if I can say the words.
    Is this a "down time" or a sign of something serious? I've lived all my life with clinical depressives and it's not a wait-and-see matter. Does she need to talk to someone who's trained to help? Like a counselor?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ

My ENFP friend has these times as well. I do agree with 'findthejake' though, it usually ends up fine.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by chippinchunk View Post
    My ENFP friend has these times as well. I do agree with 'findthejake' though, it usually ends up fine.

just watch her..... we can be the master of distraction throwing ourselves into other people neglecting ourselves and slowly slipping away until one day we are numb....... comfortably numb and I speak from experience..........
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INTP

My brother is an ENFP and all he does is work on a bunch of projects, never really getting into any of them. Lately he's been messing with music creation software--Cubase--and he's been going to college for 8 years now studying journalism, physics, communication and god knows what else. I'd help him, but every time I try he ignores me. He ignores everyone really. I'm not sure if he's depressed, but our parents pay for his school and he still lives at home, so he has almost no responsibilities, but he has a pretty decent job managing some database. He's a really smart guy, smarter than me, he just keeps bouncing around and doesn't know what he wants to do. I think he does drugs too. He's actually kind of a jerk because he feels as though he needs to look after ME (he's older) and I don't think he has the right to tell me how to live when his life is in complete disarray IMO.

I don't really talk to him because I moved away from home a long time ago and I only see him a couple times a year. Even when I am at home, it's like he doesn't live there because I never see him. I don't know what he does, he's just never home. The only thing he does at home is sleep and he spends many nights a week somewhere else. My family has pretty much given up on him because he never listens to anyone and he's never at home and he never talks to anyone else in the family. I keep telling my parents to kick his ass out, but they don't want to. His room is completely trashed, he has a cat and he never cleans the litter box (which I have to smell every time I come home) he's even started moving his crap into the room I stay in because his room is so disorderly so when I come home I have to clean his shit out of my room first. I know I'd be depressed if I was him, but I don't think he cares.
    MBTI: INTP
    Socionics: LII/INTj

wit is like sex--overrated.

MBTI
    INFJ

One of my parents is a strong ENFP and has been through a similar, long period of unhappiness. It came from trying to be other than herself, and not believing that she is worthy and valuable. Depression is such a hard, horrible thing! Perhaps these same reasons can shed light on your situation.

P.S. May she get well soon!

MBTI
    ENFP

It's just downtime for the ENFP or we are fixated on something morbid. It usually passes.
    The inability to forget is far more debilitating than the inability to remember.......

MBTI
    ENFP

An ENFP in sad times needs to be loved on.
    Yeah.
    I want a love who knows that loving him is all I want to do