User Tag List

123 Last

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Default 10 day Positivity Challenge

I have written this in my blog but it has been highlighted to me that it would make a good thread. I agree. So here it is:

Courtesy of Tony Robbins. For 10 days you are only allowed positive thoughts. Any negative thoughts must be 'reframed'* within 2 minutes to a positive one, or you go back to the beginning. Even if you are on the last hour, you start at day one.

*reframe in this instance is to change your internal dialogue. For example if you say to yourself "I don't like Mondays," you can reframe it to, "Mondays are an important start to the week and they have been the source of many a funny Garfield strip."

Share your experience if you take up the challenge. It's harder than it appears.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'll take on this challenge. It might be really hard for me though! (I mean, this will be a wonderful opportunity for me to work on my optimism )

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENTp

Nice! I had read about this challenge before and it sounds interesting. As NT I am a very very critical thinker, really no pessimist, but no really optimist too. The positive thinking ist often killed by the urge to analyse exactly and objective. Interesting, how other types will go through this.

I will view your experiences, and join later. Good luck!
    ** Upgrading my english **
    Corrections for my language are willingly seen

Enneagram: 7w6

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    For 10 days you are only allowed positive thoughts. Any negative thoughts must be 'reframed'* within 2 minutes to a positive one, or you go back to the beginning. Even if you are on the last hour, you start at day one.
    Sounds like a shortcut to insanity.

Share your experience if you take up the challenge. It's harder than it appears.
    Or nigh impossible ...
    Why would you do that anyway? I'm just curious.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

SERENITY NOW!!!

I would be interested in it but I'm worried I would only last 5 minutes. I mean "I bet it would be an interesting experiment!"

I've actually done this in my marriage before. with my attitude toward my husband, I was really ENFPing him. It was awesome until I got PMS.

Am I supposed to start right now? Maybe tomorrow.

MBTI
    INFJ

I am a huge cynic, but I want to attempt this. Maybe I'll wait until the Christmas break... it's hard to remain positive when I'm teaching haha.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

It's challenging. But in my experience I feel less weighed down by negative (pointless) thoughts. If you feel that some of those negative thoughts are necessary, it is only for a short period. The benefit is that while you may not always want to reframe you also learn to simply not waste time thinking about negative things.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    Sounds like a shortcut to insanity.
    xD
    This challenge needs a disclaimer attached.

I'll be silently rooting for everyone taking the challenge... and may even participate... after finals are over. x_x

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

I think you simply can't help having certain thoughts, at least at the very moment you're becoming concious of them. And I see nothing bad about that, whether they be "negative" or "positive", so it's rather about what you do with them, not trying to avoid those you don't like in the first place.
    That said, I don't want to discourage anyone from posting his or her experiences here
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    I think you simply can't help having certain thoughts, at least at the very moment you're becoming concious of them. And I see nothing bad about that, whether they be "negative" or "positive", so it's rather about what you do with them, not trying to avoid those you don't like in the first place.
    That said, I don't want to discourage anyone from posting his or her experiences here
    Complete the challenge and come back to this thought. Understand your negative voice will fight for it's existence.