• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] 10 day Positivity Challenge

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I have written this in my blog but it has been highlighted to me that it would make a good thread. I agree. So here it is:

Courtesy of Tony Robbins. For 10 days you are only allowed positive thoughts. Any negative thoughts must be 'reframed'* within 2 minutes to a positive one, or you go back to the beginning. Even if you are on the last hour, you start at day one.

*reframe in this instance is to change your internal dialogue. For example if you say to yourself "I don't like Mondays," you can reframe it to, "Mondays are an important start to the week and they have been the source of many a funny Garfield strip."

Share your experience if you take up the challenge. It's harder than it appears.

ilovetheclouds

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'll take on this challenge. It might be really hard for me though! (I mean, this will be a wonderful opportunity for me to work on my optimism :newwink:)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Nice! I had read about this challenge before and it sounds interesting. As NT I am a very very critical thinker, really no pessimist, but no really optimist too. The positive thinking ist often killed by the urge to analyse exactly and objective. Interesting, how other types will go through this.

I will view your experiences, and join later. Good luck! :)

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For 10 days you are only allowed positive thoughts. Any negative thoughts must be 'reframed'* within 2 minutes to a positive one, or you go back to the beginning. Even if you are on the last hour, you start at day one.

Sounds like a shortcut to insanity.

Share your experience if you take up the challenge. It's harder than it appears.

Or nigh impossible ...
Why would you do that anyway? I'm just curious.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
SERENITY NOW!!!

I would be interested in it but I'm worried I would only last 5 minutes. I mean "I bet it would be an interesting experiment!"

I've actually done this in my marriage before. with my attitude toward my husband, I was really ENFPing him. It was awesome until I got PMS.

Am I supposed to start right now? Maybe tomorrow.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am a huge cynic, but I want to attempt this. Maybe I'll wait until the Christmas break... it's hard to remain positive when I'm teaching haha.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
It's challenging. But in my experience I feel less weighed down by negative (pointless) thoughts. If you feel that some of those negative thoughts are necessary, it is only for a short period. The benefit is that while you may not always want to reframe you also learn to simply not waste time thinking about negative things.

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sounds like a shortcut to insanity.

xD
This challenge needs a disclaimer attached.

I'll be silently rooting for everyone taking the challenge... and may even participate... after finals are over. x_x

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you simply can't help having certain thoughts, at least at the very moment you're becoming concious of them. And I see nothing bad about that, whether they be "negative" or "positive", so it's rather about what you do with them, not trying to avoid those you don't like in the first place.
That said, I don't want to discourage anyone from posting his or her experiences here :hug:

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I think you simply can't help having certain thoughts, at least at the very moment you're becoming concious of them. And I see nothing bad about that, whether they be "negative" or "positive", so it's rather about what you do with them, not trying to avoid those you don't like in the first place.
That said, I don't want to discourage anyone from posting his or her experiences here :hug:

Complete the challenge and come back to this thought. Understand your negative voice will fight for it's existence.

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've tried this once.. and lasted two days. ;)

And hell, yeah! I'm taking up the challenge! 14th of December has just started in my time zone. I'll report the results, why not. (my guess is, it will take me more than 10 days to accomplish though! :cheese: )

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

I agree. This challenge seems to be focused more on the reactions one has to negative thoughts, not necessarily having them. It will be interesting to see what can be accomplished with a 'glass-half-full' mindset.

FaithBW

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think I would do well with this challenge at this point in my life primarily because of work. I find myself having lots of negative thoughts about work over and over again. I would like not to be so negative about it, even if I'm not completely happy with it at the moment. Maybe I'll give it a try and not dwell on those negative thoughts. :)

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't think I would do well with this challenge at this point in my life primarily because of work. I find myself having lots of negative thoughts about work over and over again. I would like not to be so negative about it, even if I'm not completely happy with it at the moment. Maybe I'll give it a try and not dwell on those negative thoughts. :)

Aw, worst case it's just something to think about, a tactic to use when you're feeling particularly negative about something. It could help just get you in the habit of curbing those thoughts and create more happy thoughts! :)

Good luck to those who are trying. I'll keep the thought in mind and see how well I can do without fully taking on the challenge. I don't like homework :D (And I know that homework serves it's purpose...yay non-negative thought!)

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm... Maybe next week, I need my negativity right now.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't really see the challange here...

How about a full menstral cycle?

:p

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just caught this thread. Consider me in until the end of the year. Time to work my almost mighty optimistic muscles.

*reframe in this instance is to change your internal dialogue. For example if you say to yourself "I don't like Mondays," you can reframe it to, "Mondays are an important start to the week and they have been the source of many a funny Garfield strip."

I don't think lying is part of the drill. ;)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
It's really not hard