User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I do it, too. I like hitting people from odd angles simply to see how they adapt/react. Plus, it keeps things interesting.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Clydesdale View Post
    For me, I think I do things like that because nobody expects them out of quiet, unassuming me. That gives me the power to add a dash of whimsy to everybody's day with the unexpected. Anybody just going through their day on autopilot is suddenly jolted back into the moment from seeing the experience, and that's a great thing.
    Yeah, that's it.

I do these things. I haven't thought why. I mean, it's not only to get reaction, sometimes I amuse myself, especially in public. I might be on a bus stop waiting and start walking around or swaying in a more than casual manner. I might jump a bit or something like this... But if I am with friends, then it might really get out of control, then it will be something like running naked in the forest. And then with some less friendly people, like relatives, who I am not sure will like my stunts, I might do something less weird but still a bit odd. Like, if everyone sits around the living room at grandpa's birth day looking all formal, I might just go an sit on the floor like a five-year-old, to show the grown-ups they can loosen up.

But I don't do mean stuff. It's always to get a positive reaction.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

LOL Yeah, I'm always sitting around on the kitchen floor like a little kid, not so much as to get a reaction, it's just something I've always done.
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

I've been a clown all my life. Only just starting to modify that behaviour after realising how often it is not received as "share this unique and amusing perception of the world with me" but rather "I do not value my own dignity".

Besides the clowning, I love to subvert things but my whole family does that and we are all different types. Sometimes I cannot resist provoking someone whose behaviour seems unreasonable to me. This often does not go well!

Finally, in relationships I habitually fail to enforce boundaries, not particularly valuing my own boundaries and regarding them as artificial and negotiable... but then after a while a resentful streak emerges and I create situations to test my partner's reponse. Hopefully last year's relationship counselling has put a stop to that for future relationships :-)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

My INFP friend used to work at a hotel where the Queen was staying when she visited Edmonton. He issued an invitation to the Royal Family to come for tea at his house, then insisted that his wife and he dress up and waited expectantly all morning...

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Well duh. The Queen might be coming over - it would only be proper.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

It was kind of endearing...

MBTI
    INFP

I tend to do things where if other people did them, the crew wouldn't find it particularly funny, but since it is me, people think it's hilarious. I barely talk at all when people first know me, so it is jarring when I do start to get daring. So yea, basically just rehashing what you other peeps said.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Yes when I'm relaxed enough and silly enough to be a bit mischievous. normally I just don't bother as it tends to be a bit of a hit and miss thing with me. and yet I still do it for the hell of it from time to time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    abcd

Yep, I am guilty of such things.