• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Verbal Vs. Written

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Have you ever been told you're a completely different person online??
I LIKE OOMPA LOOMPAS!!!!!:steam: - I would have not said that out in the open, unless we were good friends.

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh yeah, a lot of people online have questioned my claim of being an introvert. I think it's because I (for the most part) feel like I can speak my mind online and really let out my silliness. Not to mention I have a helluva lot more time to sit and think about what im going to say before I post it. I wouldn't say I'm completely different offline, just more shy and obviously introverted. When in real life conversation I don't get as much time to think about how I want to respond, so usually I'm going to say less than I would online.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
People tell me that all the time. In person, people say I'm bubbly, cheerful and friendly. Online, people think I'm stern.

I am none of those things. :ninja:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
yes, I'm in another dimension in written to verbal. In verbal I'm way more scattered, silly and extroverted.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm always told that. I'm not as well-spoken off of the internet and not because i over-think, but because i don't find myself in enough situations to utilize it.
My real life situations are often very playful and lacking in seriousness. Written down, i can be super intense.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am more quiet, polite and charming in the irl. It is because I censor most of what I think unless I am with good friends...and even then I censor myself quiet a bit.

People often tell me I have a lot of ‘presence’

People like to talk to me like I am a some sorta shrink because I seem nonjudgmental. I answer their questions in a harmonious direction but keep on trying to change the subject to abstractions/not personal topics or topics about ideas not people (which is what I prefer to talk about).

When I am out partying, especially singing Karaoke and lots of people (especially when this includes attractive females), am more outgoing, floaty, playful, [when I drink at clubs am a happy drunk not a mean one (i.e. smiling most of the the time in that atmospher)] ( to the point where I transform into an ESTP persona).
I don't like to look at people when in grocery stores or make any eye contact with anybody there except the cashier but do like to look at people from a profile from outside tables at coffee houses.

I can be silly when I am in an environment/w people I trust or vibe with.

I like bacon.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I write better than I talk, usually. There is more time to think about what there is to say. Unless I am lazy and just write something really quick and hit 'post', which is 95% of the time.

I think writing is good for notice equality. Everyone writes in the same volume (unless you're using all caps). People can be good at both, but I notice some folks are either good at one or the other. I've seen some people write and looking at their spelling, punctuation, tone, etc., wonder if they're mentally retarded -But when I hear them speak they have good control and sound sophisticated. And vice versa.

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
Yes, I've been told that on the internet I'm really "loud" and extroverted and irl I'm a quiet observer. I've also been described on the Internet as very emotional, but irl as quite reserved and rational.

Oh yeah, a lot of people online have questioned my claim of being an introvert. I think it's because I (for the most part) feel like I can speak my mind online and really let out my silliness. Not to mention I have a helluva lot more time to sit and think about what im going to say before I post it. I wouldn't say I'm completely different offline, just more shy and obviously introverted. When in real life conversation I don't get as much time to think about how I want to respond, so usually I'm going to say less than I would online.

This!

On the web it may seem to the reader that I'm just babbling fast, but in fact I rephrase things many times, I write a lot of stuff that I don't end up posting, and sometimes I take a while to really think about what I want to write. Online I can even make jokes. Irl I'm too slow for that ;_;

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's never been pointed out to me by anyone that I'm really different online vs. in person, but whereas online I can write really long posts and go in-depth into my thoughts or feelings -- because I have the time to sit there and properly compose my thoughts and dig them out of my brain - that just doesn't happen in real life. Also, in real life I really don't like talking about myself, which is pretty opposite how I can be online at times.

In work situations or just everyday sort of conversations/topics that don't involve my personal views, I'm pretty clear and to-the-point, and have been told 'effective communication' is one of my strengths. But with deeper topics or really personal things, I'm very general and am pretty sure I come across as vague or ambiguous at times, and I know I can be bumbling or roundabout in giving an answer...I don't know that there's a lot of 'meat' sometimes in these situations, as I might have a hard time articulating - in real-time- what I'm thinking, or when put on the spot I simply can't retrieve everything that I would be able to do when writing.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm...

People have told me I'm (at times) unrecognizable online... :cheese:
I'm so collected and level-headed IRL (at least on the outside) people seem to forget that I have my silly moments as well. :D

sculpting

I have been told I am direct, demanding, reactive, pointed, blunt, and even combative in my written communication. Typically this is when I am very busy thinking or trying to accomplish an objective. I am digging holes in the problem and trying to resolve. NeTe structures my thoughts so that even opinions sound much more absolute than intended and requests sound like directives. NeFi just babbles like an idiot.

In person, I can be very direct in certain circumstances, but once I let my guard down I flutter. I am excessively loud, spastic, and silly-sweet. My ENTP says everyone gets happy when they learn I am on their project. My voice modulates very well and I am very good at public speaking and have even done some voice over work. When I talk the Ne must spill out as other Nes just stop and stare at me.