Thread: INFJ attraction

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Default INFJ attraction

The funny thing with me is that I'm an INFJ who grew up with unusual people, - INFj's like unusual things, so, in my case, an unusual thing would be someone normal.

But 'Jerry Seinfeld' is an INFJ, and I knew someone that acted like him- and we were good friends, and I've heard people say that INFJ's like INFJ's, so from my experience, that's probably the only type that people have said an INFJ is attracted, who I'm attracted to.

Anyone understand???

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Hehe...could you word that a little differently? I've not had my coffee yet, and for some reason, I'm not catching the question.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I thought Jerry was ENTJ
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    Hehe...could you word that a little differently? I've not had my coffee yet, and for some reason, I'm not catching the question.

lol. ok... umm, all I'm saying is that I've grown up in an unusual environment, cause INTJs usually like unusual things, then in my case I'd like normal things, so I'm attracted to normal people, as having normal people around is unusual for me, and I'm attracted to unusual things.. get it???, is that just me??

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Lol, I think I understand what you are saying. Most of my interests are a bit odd, and because of them, I've met and enjoyed the company of very odd people. For some reason, I tend to have a strange attraction to the innocent and normal "girl next-door" when looking back on love relationships.

or would this apply more to my ISFP sister who only goes to shows featuring experimental indie bands, but will pop in a Britney Spear CD every once in awhile?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    Lol, I think I understand what you are saying. Most of my interests are a bit odd, and because of them, I've met and enjoyed the company of very odd people. For some reason, I tend to have a strange attraction to the innocent and normal "girl next-door" when looking back on love relationships.

or would this apply more to my ISFP sister who only goes to shows featuring experimental indie bands, but will pop in a Britney Spear CD every once in awhile?

Exactly what I mean, - I guess it's cause everyone's trying to be different nowadays... and I have an ENFP sister, she's weird... probably why we get along so well.

I like unusual people but not people that are unusual in a superficial way, - main reason I don't prefer music made by Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers, etc.
    - in other words, considering Intuition, I feel like punching Joe Jonas square in the face.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I thought Jerry was ENTJ

I'm pretty sure his an INFJ, It says on myersbriggs.org - I mean Seinfeld in the TV show 'Seinfeld', (hopefully he acts the same way in real-life).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by flameskull95 View Post
    I'm pretty sure his an INFJ, It says on myersbriggs.org - I mean Seinfeld in the TV show 'Seinfeld',
    I had seen ENTJ on some sites... it seemed to be a good fit to me. Then again, ISTJ is taking the lead in this thread

*shrug*

(hopefully he acts the same way in real-life).
    Yeah, you'd think so, since the show is named after him. But who knows how much he had to do with the writing aspect..... Wikipedia would But, meh.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I actually don't hit it off with other INFJs. I end up getting on with them and being their friend...but there's no spark, no wow factor. I feel I can't be myself because they are also much like me and if we both lack in the same things we're gonna go nowhere. The only INFJ I really hit it off with is my Grandmother, but there's a huge age gap so it feels like a teacher/student relationship. With INFJs close to my age group I feel were are learning nothing from each other.
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    I actually don't hit it off with other INFJs. I end up getting on with them and being their friend...but there's no spark, no wow factor. I feel I can't be myself because they are also much like me and if we both lack in the same things we're gonna go nowhere. The only INFJ I really hit it off with is my Grandmother, but there's a huge age gap so it feels like a teacher/student relationship. With INFJs close to my age group I feel were are learning nothing from each other.
    Ditto! I totally agree with what you just said. I know one INFJ that is as old as I am. We are friends, but our relationship isn't very deep because we both think alike. Our perfectionistic nature can sometimes cause a little animosity between us.