• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ attraction

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
The funny thing with me is that I'm an INFJ who grew up with unusual people, - INFj's like unusual things, so, in my case, an unusual thing would be someone normal. :huh:

But 'Jerry Seinfeld' is an INFJ, and I knew someone that acted like him- and we were good friends, and I've heard people say that INFJ's like INFJ's, so from my experience, that's probably the only type that people have said an INFJ is attracted, who I'm attracted to. :blush:

Anyone understand??? :whistling:

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Hehe...could you word that a little differently? I've not had my coffee yet, and for some reason, I'm not catching the question. :blush:

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hehe...could you word that a little differently? I've not had my coffee yet, and for some reason, I'm not catching the question. :blush:

lol. ok... umm, all I'm saying is that I've grown up in an unusual environment, cause INTJs usually like unusual things, then in my case I'd like normal things, so I'm attracted to normal people, as having normal people around is unusual for me, and I'm attracted to unusual things.. get it???, is that just me??:nerd:

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Lol, I think I understand what you are saying. Most of my interests are a bit odd, and because of them, I've met and enjoyed the company of very odd people. For some reason, I tend to have a strange attraction to the innocent and normal "girl next-door" when looking back on love relationships.

or would this apply more to my ISFP sister who only goes to shows featuring experimental indie bands, but will pop in a Britney Spear CD every once in awhile?

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Lol, I think I understand what you are saying. Most of my interests are a bit odd, and because of them, I've met and enjoyed the company of very odd people. For some reason, I tend to have a strange attraction to the innocent and normal "girl next-door" when looking back on love relationships.

or would this apply more to my ISFP sister who only goes to shows featuring experimental indie bands, but will pop in a Britney Spear CD every once in awhile?

:cheese:Exactly what I mean, - I guess it's cause everyone's trying to be different nowadays... and I have an ENFP sister, :yes: she's weird... probably why we get along so well.

I like unusual people but not people that are unusual in a superficial way, - main reason I don't prefer music made by Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers, etc.
- in other words, considering Intuition, I feel like punching Joe Jonas square in the face.:D

lane777

nevermore
I'm pretty sure his an INFJ, It says on myersbriggs.org - I mean Seinfeld in the TV show 'Seinfeld',

I had seen ENTJ on some sites... it seemed to be a good fit to me. Then again, ISTJ is taking the lead in this thread :huh:

*shrug*

(hopefully he acts the same way in real-life). :unsure:

Yeah, you'd think so, since the show is named after him. But who knows how much he had to do with the writing aspect..... Wikipedia would :rolleyes: But, meh.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually don't hit it off with other INFJs. I end up getting on with them and being their friend...but there's no spark, no wow factor. I feel I can't be myself because they are also much like me and if we both lack in the same things we're gonna go nowhere. The only INFJ I really hit it off with is my Grandmother, but there's a huge age gap so it feels like a teacher/student relationship. With INFJs close to my age group I feel were are learning nothing from each other.

BMEF

I actually don't hit it off with other INFJs. I end up getting on with them and being their friend...but there's no spark, no wow factor. I feel I can't be myself because they are also much like me and if we both lack in the same things we're gonna go nowhere. The only INFJ I really hit it off with is my Grandmother, but there's a huge age gap so it feels like a teacher/student relationship. With INFJs close to my age group I feel were are learning nothing from each other.

Ditto! :yes: I totally agree with what you just said. I know one INFJ that is as old as I am. We are friends, but our relationship isn't very deep because we both think alike. Our perfectionistic nature can sometimes cause a little animosity between us.

Tikka

MBTI Type
INFJ
I can't stand ENFJs. They seem so fake and phoney to me. It's like they're very manipulative in letting people feel good about themselves. While manipulation isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'm more taken aback by the person excecuting the manipulation.

I mean, at least for myself, I *know* when I'm evil or doing good while I'm manipulating peoples' feelings. ;)

INFJs are better for me. At least I can't see the manipulation going on. :jew:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Tikka, I thought you were an ENFJ...

I think too that that trait is only reflective of immature ENFJs. It's not necessarily an ENFJ trait.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't stand ENFJs. They seem so fake and phoney to me. It's like they're very manipulative in letting people feel good about themselves. While manipulation isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'm more taken aback by the person excecuting the manipulation.

Why/how does wanting people to feel good, and caring about people, equate to manipulation? YOU might label it as manipulation, but you can hardly know what the ENFJ/anybody's real motivation is for doing what they do.

But in any event, there are manipulative and phony people of all types, so it's not terribly type-specific; actually I think it says more about the person doing the said labeling, and what they value/don't value as far as personality traits go, than it does of the person being labeled.

Tikka said:
I mean, at least for myself, I *know* when I'm evil or doing good while I'm manipulating peoples' feelings. ;)

INFJs are better for me. At least I can't see the manipulation going on. :jew:

:shock:

BMEF said:
Ditto! I totally agree with what you just said. I know one INFJ that is as old as I am. We are friends, but our relationship isn't very deep because we both think alike. Our perfectionistic nature can sometimes cause a little animosity between us.

Interesting! I'm the opposite; I attribute the deep connection I have with my INFJ friends to the fact that we process things similarly and think so much alike, and the very Ni-based conversations we can have. But maybe I've gotten better over the years at trusting/taking risks, and connecting deeply, relatively quickly...two INFJ's I've met in the past 3 yrs were nearly instantaneous bonds; with the two that I met 8-9 yrs ago though it took a good 2 yrs before the friendships really started to deepen.

Prime

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
lol. ok... umm, all I'm saying is that I've grown up in an unusual environment, cause INTJs usually like unusual things, then in my case I'd like normal things, so I'm attracted to normal people, as having normal people around is unusual for me, and I'm attracted to unusual things.. get it???, is that just me??:nerd:

Growing up, most of my peers were normal, thus I gravitated toward the unusual. But ever since college, when I was able to move away from my small town origins and hang out with the bohemian types... now I'm more attracted to the normal people, as well. I think it's just an urge for the opposite which drives that desire.

As far as INFJ-INFJ romance... no thanks. Seeing someone else with the same problems as me is a major turnoff.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As far as INFJ-INFJ romance... no thanks. Seeing someone else with the same problems as me is a major turnoff.

IMO get an ESTJ, not an ESTP. You'll like it... trust me.

But yeah. Same type partners can't help each other and have the same problems. I'd imagine it would get dull after the bonding phase. Since in that phase you are going like "zomg we are so similar and we're INFJ so we're rare and I've found someone that understands!!!" Then that dies and the relationship goes bleh. But that doesn't always happen. If you want pure comfort then go for it. Same type relations are extremely stable.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
In my experience, granted that it's limited due to the rarity of fellow Ni-doms, INxJs are often very sporadic in their "connections" to one another.

One of my better friends is an INFJ, and we are often able to progress one-another's ideas and expressions because we are on very similar thought-trains.

Then there are times when we really just can't communicate with one another at all, almost as if our minds are parallel, and thus never crossing or contacting.

This would be normal to me, if it weren't for the fact that it never seems to be anywhere in-between. It's always in either extreme.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

This is exactly how I feel. I'm not saying I'm not open to dating my own type, but I'd prefer not to. I generally don't hit it off with people who are too similar to me. I like a good contrast...but not too much. The people I am very close too are similar to me in many ways but our differences are enough to provide that contrast I need without us being so different that we can't relate to each other.
I hate being able to relate to someone too much, as in there are hardly any differences to the point where things are getting predictable.
Gosh I'm a fussy little bugger;P

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have one INFJ friend and we hit it off very well. Whenever someone joins in our conversation, s/he eventually gives up, claiming said INFJ and I have "our own language." We share the love for random, "sad-looking" things, like ruins, or restaurants with 3 tables, a certain aria.

A romantic relationship with an INFJ? I'm open to it, but for the life of me I can't guess what it would be like.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I could never live with someone like me. I don't know how my husband stands it half the time.

Normal people are good -- they have normal problems. Generally they don't like me much, though. I think right now, I like people who are fairly normal but refuse to pretend the emperor is wearing nice duds. Those people are the best people in the world, IMO. I can get along just fine with people like that.