123 Last

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default How often can your type change? An ENF's search

Title says it all plus -

Is there an age when it settles?

This has sparked a little debate when I asked at the INTJ forum....so to give you a little more context as to why I am asking:

I'm pretty sure Im ENFP, I fit a lot of the descriptions. I dont fit a lot of the stereotypes but I think thats because I consider myself a healthy ENFP. (Im not chaotic or really disorganized and I do not flake out of people) I am actually very organized.

I have always thought this was just simply because I had to mature and take care of myself at a very young age. So maybe you could call me an extremely mature ENFP.

I am starting to connect with the ENFJ portrait a little and have a tough time deciding whether or not I am slowly "moving" into a more J type of personality. Mostly because of the simple love for people that I see in a lot of ENFJ's portraits.

I agree with the ENFPs portrait of loving life, but I am obsessed with people. Not only do I want to meet them and be on a surface level friendship, I want to go further and discover them and see every part of them.

I am not an expert on MBTI so I do not how all the Fe of Fi or whatever works, which would definitely probably help me. However I simply have to much with school right now to do the research. I think I will try to do more discovery over Christmas Break.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

from what i have heard, it takes 6 months for something to really become habit. if you think about the things you want to change and are consistent, you may see the desired results. baby steps and easy does it?

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm not trying to become an ENFJ. It just seems to be happening. (if my conclusions are correct, which they very well could be completely wrong)

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavia View Post
    I am starting to connect with the ENFJ portrait a little and have a tough time deciding whether or not I am slowly "moving" into a more J type of personality. Mostly because of the simple love for people that I see in a lot of ENFJ's portraits.

I agree with the ENFPs portrait of loving life, but I am obsessed with people. Not only do I want to meet them and be on a surface level friendship, I want to go further and discover them and see every part of them.
    Well, I definitely fit the ENFP description to a T (blew my mind when I read it for the first time on personalitypage), but I am into knowing about people on a deeper level. I want to know their thoughts, their fears, their hopes, etc. But it's not usually everyone... I mean, while I would like to know that about everyone, I don't have enough time. But when I first meet someone and I am getting to know them, I really want to discover more about them.

But... who knows? Maybe you're a J/P mix or maybe you are moving toward being a J.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

try asking Little Linguist...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You can't change your type.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    try asking Little Linguist...
    Who's that?

I mean Im not trying to change my type. Maybe I am ENFJ but has never fully grown into my type? Or maybe I am an ENFP who is just doubting?

I mean honestly, MBTI is not an exact science from what I can tell and everyone is different. I do not think you can just throw out the possibility of someone slowly over time changing types.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You can't change your type.
    But some people sure spend a lot of time thinking what they are while trying to find out what they are MBTI-type-wise. Both you and LL can attest to that

Who's that?

I mean Im not trying to change my type. Maybe I am ENFJ but has never fully grown into my type? Or maybe I am an ENFP who is just doubting?

I mean honestly, MBTI is not an exact science from what I can tell and everyone is different. I do not think you can just throw out the possibility of someone slowly over time changing types.
    Little Linguist, she has two blogs, one for ENFP and one for ESTJ. I think she even posted in both of them today. Go to NF blogs and SJ blogs to find hers

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Could it be personal growth? To me it sounds like you're developing more of a J than secretly being an ENFJ. You did say you fit the ENFP description pretty well, so the idea of you being something different without you knowing seems a bit out there.
    "Wait, time out. I just wanted to ask real quick, if I can. You believe in rebellion, freedom and love, right? "

You! Yes, you there! What's on your mind when you're just walking along not thinking about anything?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If you're obsessed with people and very organized, I'd say you've been an ENFJ all along.