• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How often can your type change? An ENF's search

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
A person scoring 50% +-1% on all preferences could effectively change type every second and still stay essentially the same.

If you say stuff like "you can't change type" you are stating a dogma, rather than an observation. Then you would have to explain all instances of a change of type as "measurement error", which will really get you nowhere.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
A person scoring 50% +-1% on all preferences could effectively change type every second and still stay essentially the same.

If you say stuff like "you can't change type" you are stating a dogma, rather than an observation. Then you would have to explain all instances of a change of type as "measurement error", which will really get you nowhere.

If you are referring to me, I have to repeat that I don't think people can't change type, I just think they can change it only to certain age or under certain circumstances. Psychology theories more scientific and practical than MBTI typically state that person's personality becomes 'complete' at a certain point in life. And no, it is not a 'dogma', because I haven't read it anywhere, I really came to this conclusion thanks to pure observations. I'm afraid, though, that I won't be able to explain the process to you, because our understanding of typology may be different.

However, in my opinion, the different results in test are purely a result of bad tests. I believe there hasn't yet been an MBTI test that would consist only of the right questions, and therefore could always produce the right answers.

How would you, for example, describe a change of an ENTJ into an ENTP? The ENTJ becoming more disorganized, for example? But that's just a surface thing, it doesn't have anything to do with their perception. The change of perception would have to be way more drastic.