User Tag List

First 123

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

A person scoring 50% +-1% on all preferences could effectively change type every second and still stay essentially the same.

If you say stuff like "you can't change type" you are stating a dogma, rather than an observation. Then you would have to explain all instances of a change of type as "measurement error", which will really get you nowhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    A person scoring 50% +-1% on all preferences could effectively change type every second and still stay essentially the same.

If you say stuff like "you can't change type" you are stating a dogma, rather than an observation. Then you would have to explain all instances of a change of type as "measurement error", which will really get you nowhere.
    If you are referring to me, I have to repeat that I don't think people can't change type, I just think they can change it only to certain age or under certain circumstances. Psychology theories more scientific and practical than MBTI typically state that person's personality becomes 'complete' at a certain point in life. And no, it is not a 'dogma', because I haven't read it anywhere, I really came to this conclusion thanks to pure observations. I'm afraid, though, that I won't be able to explain the process to you, because our understanding of typology may be different.

However, in my opinion, the different results in test are purely a result of bad tests. I believe there hasn't yet been an MBTI test that would consist only of the right questions, and therefore could always produce the right answers.

How would you, for example, describe a change of an ENTJ into an ENTP? The ENTJ becoming more disorganized, for example? But that's just a surface thing, it doesn't have anything to do with their perception. The change of perception would have to be way more drastic.