User Tag List

First 456

Thread: Ni in INFJs

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Soar337 View Post
    Do INFP's use Ni? I know they use Ne but I really relate to Ni. I think I could be an INFJ

What are INTPs most likely to use?
    INXPs use Ne

MBTI
    ENFP

I saw someone mentioned the aspect of Ni not being a psychic ability, and this is a bit interessting. At times Ni can feel as if it's a psychic ability.
    I'm not a full believer in clairvoyance, so it confuses me even more.
    If I get a sudden idea something is going to happen, and it does-I tend to search myself for reasons as to why I could have seen it coming.

In a period of time this made me crazy, as I was getting incorrect Ni's left and right out of pure fear that something similar as to the past-experience occurences would happen again, and I was somewhat preparing myself for it happening again.
    When I finally managed to get past that for real though.. I suddenly had another big Ni moment, and the same thing happend again. And trying to connect now why I saw this coming..

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i don't relate to the psychic/clairvoyant things at all. Ni might be less aware of what it is processing than say an Se or Si type, but i don't see anything more than a lack of conscious awareness (it's more autopilot, and has many rooms/chambers/labs where multiple things are working).

Ni organizes previous experience, tho, and it gets an early inkling advanced notice on auto-associations that may emerge. the pre-semantic priming net is pretty fucking good, tho much more formless and less developed patterns than, say, an inp (whose dominant judging function would make them grasp these things with more recognition of specific subjective/historical meaning). the same premonition can have so many millions of meanings based on the context it gets sussed out, i quickly lose faith in absolutes (or i just can't fucking remember them...).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

This link was posted by VagrantFarce in another thread. It really helped me to understand what Ni is:

Intuition
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

hmm, i wonder how Fe and Te change the way that Ni organizes itself, understands itself, and how it feels internally?

that definition seemed to overlap with how i see Fe working. on externals, imagining the interior of others based on CONTEXT. i don't know how Fe would work or make sense without this deep appreciation and awareness of context for sfjs. they just learn a few basic techniques and go to bat with them, regardless of the situation? and how tertiary of inferior Ti helps create a few basic logical relationships to help keep the Fe expressions and gesture-recognition on the right track?

i am beginning to consider functions as pairs far more than previously. Fe is Fe-Ti, and Ni is Ni-Se. they have to work as pairs, even if one is more self-aware, complete, independent, etc.

my idea of Ni is pure auto-association. the abstraction emerges like a network, where eventually you can just skip along the airlines only touching down for a bounded step at the main hubs. yet my actual experience feels like a gravitation, in the mind's eye, toward the busiest intersections, feeling the most traffic, where the most significance is in-play, where the balance hangs and threatens to topple/capsize without perfect zen feng shui touch. then, bam- clarity, pulling the frame taut until everything becomes smoothly scaling and focused. but with an attitude pre-arranged/ordained by Fe, by a desire to find a specific angle, style, tone, etc.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    There is no psych-ism attached to Ni. It's a load of bulls. Ni just likes interconnections. So INXJs might create a unified theory or model that attempts to explain everything almost unconsciously. When things don't fit the mental model, they get antsy. It has nothing to do with psychic powers, just their sense of how the world should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in
    i don't relate to the psychic/clairvoyant things at all. Ni might be less aware of what it is processing than say an Se or Si type, but i don't see anything more than a lack of conscious awareness (it's more autopilot, and has many rooms/chambers/labs where multiple things are working).

Ni organizes previous experience, tho, and it gets an early inkling advanced notice on auto-associations that may emerge. the pre-semantic priming net is pretty fucking good, tho much more formless and less developed patterns than, say, an inp (whose dominant judging function would make them grasp these things with more recognition of specific subjective/historical meaning). the same premonition can have so many millions of meanings based on the context it gets sussed out, i quickly lose faith in absolutes (or i just can't fucking remember them...).
    Yay, fellow INJ's who agree the psychic slant many/most slap onto Ni is crappy and totally misses the point of what Ni is.

"...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ