• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Ni in INFJs

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's not why I posted it. My goodness, you are annoying. :doh:
:D I knew you were gonna say something like that. Not to worry, I'm not going to annoy you any longer.

musttry

MBTI Type
INFJ
The way I see Ni is that it is like grasping at several pieces of a puzzle and trying to make them fit into a coherent new picture. Sometimes the picture means something, sometimes I think it means something but it doesn't (to others).

It is like obsessing about an intangible clarity by putting pieces together and rearranging them until the meaning makes sense.

In the same way:

Si is checking information according to previous facts so that it makes sense
Se is exploring external facts
Ne is exploring external meanings

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I experience Ni as transcendence, transformation of perspective, and above all, as the sense that I have an invisible antenna picking up a constant flood of random insights. These insights range from snapshots of the future to glimpses of the inner nature of reality to a sense of the archetypes that a person or a situation manifests.

G

Glycerine

This is also why Ni is a judging function and Ne is a perceiving function. Being that the data is brought within the body and processed within the body, Ni is less malleable because everything is set. With Ne, data is processed outside the being, and determinations made are all the more fluid because the data remains outside the body.

That was a lot longer than I meant to be :huh:

Ni is a perceiving function. The reason why Ni doms are Js is because the extroverted function (Fe or Te) is a judging function.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Ni is a perceiving function. The reason why Ni doms are Js is because the extroverted function (Fe or Te) is a judging function.

*nods* In some way, you can say INXJs are the most "open" of Js because Ni loves to explore concepts and ideas compared to Si which compares things to what's known in the past.

Mind you this might only pertain to things inside their heads and does not manifest externally.

There is no psych-ism attached to Ni. It's a load of bulls. Ni just likes interconnections. So INXJs might create a unified theory or model that attempts to explain everything almost unconsciously. When things don't fit the mental model, they get antsy. It has nothing to do with psychic powers, just their sense of how the world should work.

The model undergoes constant revision as the INXJ get new data for testing. So for the most part it's reasonably accurate but it can get things wrong. Especially if one feeds it skewed input.

Also no function acts purely on its own. Ni by itself cannot exist because there'll be no drive for action. Purposeless exploration gets you no where. Just like Ne in ENXPs get directions from their judging functions. So I don't really see much point in focusing so much on differentiating Ni vs Ne or any other function. All functions manifest themselves different in each type. The overall % usage of the various cognitive function in an individual will also affect its actions.

Snow Turtle

Yes, and besides, what's the point of the gift of hunches if you're just going to second guess them every time?

To ensure accuracy would be my answer.

Actually, that's probably true. I second guess myself a tremendous amount to the level that it's ridiculous. Good food for thought.

The idea of a depressive Ni-user going on hunches is even worse, since can hunches really be trusted when feelings and thoughts are skewed? Another thought. But I suppose this is where Ti and Te kicks in.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
nightning;959780 There is no psych-ism attached to Ni. It's a load of bulls. Ni just likes interconnections. So INXJs might create a unified theory or model that attempts to explain everything almost unconsciously. When things don't fit the mental model said:
Very true and often forgotten. I wish I did have psychis powers though. (Closes eyes and tries to levitate)

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Do INFP's use Ni? I know they use Ne but I really relate to Ni. I think I could be an INFJ

What are INTPs most likely to use?

Willywallywoo

MBTI Type
ENFP
I saw someone mentioned the aspect of Ni not being a psychic ability, and this is a bit interessting. At times Ni can feel as if it's a psychic ability.
I'm not a full believer in clairvoyance, so it confuses me even more.
If I get a sudden idea something is going to happen, and it does-I tend to search myself for reasons as to why I could have seen it coming.

In a period of time this made me crazy, as I was getting incorrect Ni's left and right out of pure fear that something similar as to the past-experience occurences would happen again, and I was somewhat preparing myself for it happening again.
When I finally managed to get past that for real though.. I suddenly had another big Ni moment, and the same thing happend again. And trying to connect now why I saw this coming..

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't relate to the psychic/clairvoyant things at all. Ni might be less aware of what it is processing than say an Se or Si type, but i don't see anything more than a lack of conscious awareness (it's more autopilot, and has many rooms/chambers/labs where multiple things are working).

Ni organizes previous experience, tho, and it gets an early inkling advanced notice on auto-associations that may emerge. the pre-semantic priming net is pretty fucking good, tho much more formless and less developed patterns than, say, an inp (whose dominant judging function would make them grasp these things with more recognition of specific subjective/historical meaning). the same premonition can have so many millions of meanings based on the context it gets sussed out, i quickly lose faith in absolutes (or i just can't fucking remember them...).

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm, i wonder how Fe and Te change the way that Ni organizes itself, understands itself, and how it feels internally?

that definition seemed to overlap with how i see Fe working. on externals, imagining the interior of others based on CONTEXT. i don't know how Fe would work or make sense without this deep appreciation and awareness of context for sfjs. they just learn a few basic techniques and go to bat with them, regardless of the situation? and how tertiary of inferior Ti helps create a few basic logical relationships to help keep the Fe expressions and gesture-recognition on the right track?

i am beginning to consider functions as pairs far more than previously. Fe is Fe-Ti, and Ni is Ni-Se. they have to work as pairs, even if one is more self-aware, complete, independent, etc.

my idea of Ni is pure auto-association. the abstraction emerges like a network, where eventually you can just skip along the airlines only touching down for a bounded step at the main hubs. yet my actual experience feels like a gravitation, in the mind's eye, toward the busiest intersections, feeling the most traffic, where the most significance is in-play, where the balance hangs and threatens to topple/capsize without perfect zen feng shui touch. then, bam- clarity, pulling the frame taut until everything becomes smoothly scaling and focused. but with an attitude pre-arranged/ordained by Fe, by a desire to find a specific angle, style, tone, etc.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is no psych-ism attached to Ni. It's a load of bulls. Ni just likes interconnections. So INXJs might create a unified theory or model that attempts to explain everything almost unconsciously. When things don't fit the mental model, they get antsy. It has nothing to do with psychic powers, just their sense of how the world should work.

the state i am in said:
i don't relate to the psychic/clairvoyant things at all. Ni might be less aware of what it is processing than say an Se or Si type, but i don't see anything more than a lack of conscious awareness (it's more autopilot, and has many rooms/chambers/labs where multiple things are working).

Ni organizes previous experience, tho, and it gets an early inkling advanced notice on auto-associations that may emerge. the pre-semantic priming net is pretty fucking good, tho much more formless and less developed patterns than, say, an inp (whose dominant judging function would make them grasp these things with more recognition of specific subjective/historical meaning). the same premonition can have so many millions of meanings based on the context it gets sussed out, i quickly lose faith in absolutes (or i just can't fucking remember them...).

Yay, fellow INJ's who agree the psychic slant many/most slap onto Ni is crappy and totally misses the point of what Ni is.

:yes: