Thread: Ni in INFJs

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    That's not why I posted it. My goodness, you are annoying.
    I knew you were gonna say something like that. Not to worry, I'm not going to annoy you any longer.

MBTI
    INFJ

The way I see Ni is that it is like grasping at several pieces of a puzzle and trying to make them fit into a coherent new picture. Sometimes the picture means something, sometimes I think it means something but it doesn't (to others).

It is like obsessing about an intangible clarity by putting pieces together and rearranging them until the meaning makes sense.

In the same way:

Si is checking information according to previous facts so that it makes sense
    Se is exploring external facts
    Ne is exploring external meanings

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    That's not why I posted it. My goodness, you are annoying.
    I am jealous of your Fi :-) (really!)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I experience Ni as transcendence, transformation of perspective, and above all, as the sense that I have an invisible antenna picking up a constant flood of random insights. These insights range from snapshots of the future to glimpses of the inner nature of reality to a sense of the archetypes that a person or a situation manifests.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    This is also why Ni is a judging function and Ne is a perceiving function. Being that the data is brought within the body and processed within the body, Ni is less malleable because everything is set. With Ne, data is processed outside the being, and determinations made are all the more fluid because the data remains outside the body.

That was a lot longer than I meant to be
    Ni is a perceiving function. The reason why Ni doms are Js is because the extroverted function (Fe or Te) is a judging function.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Ni is a perceiving function. The reason why Ni doms are Js is because the extroverted function (Fe or Te) is a judging function.
    *nods* In some way, you can say INXJs are the most "open" of Js because Ni loves to explore concepts and ideas compared to Si which compares things to what's known in the past.

Mind you this might only pertain to things inside their heads and does not manifest externally.

There is no psych-ism attached to Ni. It's a load of bulls. Ni just likes interconnections. So INXJs might create a unified theory or model that attempts to explain everything almost unconsciously. When things don't fit the mental model, they get antsy. It has nothing to do with psychic powers, just their sense of how the world should work.

The model undergoes constant revision as the INXJ get new data for testing. So for the most part it's reasonably accurate but it can get things wrong. Especially if one feeds it skewed input.

Also no function acts purely on its own. Ni by itself cannot exist because there'll be no drive for action. Purposeless exploration gets you no where. Just like Ne in ENXPs get directions from their judging functions. So I don't really see much point in focusing so much on differentiating Ni vs Ne or any other function. All functions manifest themselves different in each type. The overall % usage of the various cognitive function in an individual will also affect its actions.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Sniffles

Here's a very good explaination of Ni:
    INFJ iNtuition

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Yes, and besides, what's the point of the gift of hunches if you're just going to second guess them every time?
    To ensure accuracy would be my answer.

Actually, that's probably true. I second guess myself a tremendous amount to the level that it's ridiculous. Good food for thought.

The idea of a depressive Ni-user going on hunches is even worse, since can hunches really be trusted when feelings and thoughts are skewed? Another thought. But I suppose this is where Ti and Te kicks in.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

[QUOTE=nightning;959780
    There is no psych-ism attached to Ni. It's a load of bulls. Ni just likes interconnections. So INXJs might create a unified theory or model that attempts to explain everything almost unconsciously. When things don't fit the mental model, they get antsy. It has nothing to do with psychic powers, just their sense of how the world should work.

[/QUOTE]

Very true and often forgotten. I wish I did have psychis powers though. (Closes eyes and tries to levitate)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Do INFP's use Ni? I know they use Ne but I really relate to Ni. I think I could be an INFJ

What are INTPs most likely to use?
    <3