User Tag List

Thread: ENFP Masters in Counseling?

Senior Member Array hermeticdancer's Avatar

Default ENFP Masters in Counseling?

Career indicion once again. As an ENFP, this is my life. Hovever I am thinking about getting my masters in counseling. Ive love myers briggs, and personality tests, and people, here are my top choices.
    -outplacement counselor
    -career counselor
    -college guidance counselor
    I am not that good of a long range planner, but I think it would be fun to go over things with people and ideas and help them. I do like teaching one on one, or coaching one on one. And writing up reports, analysing why the person is the way they are and then telling them that.

I am torn, If I should get a LPC, or MFT, because I dont want to be a social worker.

Anyone have ideas on what type of counseling would be good for ENFP's and if its something that anyone has done before?

I have my bachelors in psych, but all I can do is babysit people. Also its not very autonomous, I don't work for myself, which I don't like. I want to work for myself someday.

Yeh, I think we make good mentors in most fields. I've never done it as a job, just seems to be a thing I fall into doing around work when someone seems to be battling.

I think all three sound okay. If I was choosing one I'd probably look at what people I'd deal with in each and the sort of problems likely to come up.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.