• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Masters in Counseling?

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
Career indicion once again. As an ENFP, this is my life. Hovever I am thinking about getting my masters in counseling. Ive love myers briggs, and personality tests, and people, here are my top choices.
-outplacement counselor
-career counselor
-college guidance counselor
I am not that good of a long range planner, but I think it would be fun to go over things with people and ideas and help them. I do like teaching one on one, or coaching one on one. And writing up reports, analysing why the person is the way they are and then telling them that.

I am torn, If I should get a LPC, or MFT, because I dont want to be a social worker.

Anyone have ideas on what type of counseling would be good for ENFP's and if its something that anyone has done before?

I have my bachelors in psych, but all I can do is babysit people. Also its not very autonomous, I don't work for myself, which I don't like. I want to work for myself someday.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yeh, I think we make good mentors in most fields. I've never done it as a job, just seems to be a thing I fall into doing around work when someone seems to be battling.

I think all three sound okay. If I was choosing one I'd probably look at what people I'd deal with in each and the sort of problems likely to come up.