MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I love Weird Al.

Also Jonathan Coulton.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Heavy. Metal. Music. Period.
    Seconded, thirded, fourthed...

I've been told I have crap taste in music. I love the extremes. Top 40 is just too boooorrring.

Sibelius to Satyricon with not much in between
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the crow." - Nobody

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

The only sense I can think of in which INFJs have bad taste in music is that they might be into mostly serious intellectual stuff but also really like music with a childlike charm to it. This is of course not bad music actually, but I would jokingly call it "bad" music. I have an INFJ friend who describes his taste in music as "anything a 12 year old would listen to."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by i1n View Post
    Seconded, thirded, fourthed...

I've been told I have crap taste in music. I love the extremes. Top 40 is just too boooorrring.

Sibelius to Satyricon with not much in between
    What do they know?

The INFJs I know like some really good music. I've seen far worse tastes.

They get excited about little bands that I consider not worth a listen, but their longer term favourites are normally quite good choices.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

In my experience, people often thank me for sharing a song or a cd with them and helping them discover new music. The other day, my ISTJ boss commented on my "general good taste in music" about the fact that I would often bring cds to work to play in the greenhouse (I work in a garden center) and that this created a pleasant, calming atmosphere in the department. My ESFJ manager added that it made the customers more relaxed.
    The other day, an old man who often comes to the store said to me: "You are the girl who puts that celtic music on, aren't you? You should do it more often."

Among my favourite musicians: Mary Jane Lamond, Solas and Libera.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I judge people by their musical taste.
    I have a hard time not doing this. It's terribly shallow, but I cannot help it....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I have a hard time not doing this. It's terribly shallow, but I cannot help it....
    Same here. If somebody doesn't like a band/artist/song I think are great, it really frustrates me. And if somebody likes something I class as rubbish, yeah, I judge them somewhat...

MBTI
    INfJ

Music is a big part of my life, but you'll never hear me say I like something cause everybody likes it. I listen to anything that speaks to me. Anything from Jack Johnson to Korn, or Miles Davis to NIN. Particularly enjoy raw acoustic singer-songwriters with all the unique touches one has to offer that makes his/her music pure. As my mood changes, my preference is music changes. It is what it is, regardless of what others think or prefer.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

I never knew that there is a certain 'taste' in music a person should acquire, seriously? isn't MBTI based on accepting differences in personalities, not making them outcasts because of their differences.

- I listen to Alter bridge and I'd like to hear you say something musically bad about them.
    Musical taste is created by opinion, what naive moron says that INFJ's have bad tastes in music, there are thousands of INFJ's in the world, saying INFJ' have bad tastes in music, is like saying all black people are good at basketball.

:steam:Make me so angry:steam: