User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    I've heard a few people say this, and I'll have to admit I was a little surprised. I know I'm lousy at gymnastics, dancing and not running into corners, but music? <blink>

If you believe INFJs have lousy musical taste, I'd love to first hear what you define as "bad music", and then, explain what it is about INFJ-ness that predisposes us to being musically backward.

Then, if I'm not totally intimidated, and if you'd indulge my vanity, I'll state what music I love, and you can let me know if it's something I shouldn't talk about at a party. Go!
    Sounds like you've had quite a few run-ins with music-snobs.

The irony of it all, is that music-snobs claim to have a higher knowledge and appreciation of "good" music, but I've often noticed that they don't actually seem to enjoy the music, but rather the act of lording it over, or using it to exclude someone.

Seems like they've missed the point, if you ask me.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Oh no, there's no need.

It is obviously an ignorant thing to say.People of same types don't share a common taste in music, that is entirely individual.

That said, in my opinion, most people listen to bad music, but that's just my opinion.

Honestly I've never noticed anything like the OP/thread title said in the forum, and have never had the comment directed towards me in real life, regarding my taste in music. And I think it goes without saying (as everyone's already mentioned) that it's all subjective to begin with, and has nothing to do with type. So the fact that this is the topic of a thread is.....strange to me.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP

Well, my INFJ mum has the most diverse music taste ever. She pretty much likes everything. She'll go from some Rock to some cheesy musicals.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    Sounds like you've had quite a few run-ins with music-snobs.

The irony of it all, is that music-snobs claim to have a higher knowledge and appreciation of "good" music, but I've often noticed that they don't actually seem to enjoy the music, but rather the act of lording it over, or using it to exclude someone.

Seems like they've missed the point, if you ask me.
    Heavy. Metal. Music. Period.

Anyone who thinks otherwise cleeaarlyyy has bad tastes, and if they do I can't hear them

I often find that music is just as much a personal preference as it is a way of life, especially where hip-hop, club, country, and metal are concerned, and it is just as often these people who are trying to fit in who are the most snobbish.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

in complete seriousness i say (a false warning if there ever was one), 5w4s, 4w5s, and 4w3s cannot and do not ever CONCEIVABLY have poor taste in music. with the occasional exception of a 9, all other types DO have terrible fucking taste in music, pretty much without exception.

what this must mean is that many of the infjs here are not 4s, as is perceived to be the most common type for infj. the infps on the board, generally speaking, have far superior taste in music (they must be the actual 4s). the intp 5s at least place respectably.

i want to say something positive about 7s, but i don't know if i can. i'm not sure i'm prepared for a 4th wave of marc bolan hysteria.

4s and 5s are elitists when it comes to this kind of thing, the self is a secret only a few handfuls of society really know... and we like to protect our sacred space from the evils of ______, ______, and ______.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I have bad taste in music, but I really don't think it's type related.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Sniffles

I've yet to hear anybody say my taste in music is bad. Weird maybe, but not bad.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I've yet to hear anybody say my taste in music is bad. Weird maybe, but not bad.
    INFJ is literally the last type I would expect to have bad taste in music. The INFJs I know are pretty uniformly well-educated in music and listen to a variety of interesting stuff.

The one person I know who listens to the most music and knows the most about its history and background is an INFJ.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I have a lot of music taste in common with the few INFJs I know, so clearly I don't agree with that statement
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I judge people by their musical taste. They don't have to listen to anything high-brow but if you constanly listen to music that makes my ears bleed (in general generic, uncreative stuff with zero depth) I will seriously consider if you are the right person to be my friend. I don't really care about the genre but music has to move me at some level.