• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] iNtuitive Cities

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In North America, what cities have the most intuits?

I'm looking for population concentrations, because I'm sick and tired of the shallow waters of Suckramento.

I think Portland might be one because they've had a campaign for "Keep Portland Weird". I'm guessing Seattle too...

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I don't necessarily think it's "intuitive" but Washington, DC has some of the most highly educated people in the US so that might help as far as intellectual stimulation is concerned.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Seattle has a lot of intuitives. Lots of idjiots too. They can be the same person!

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Definitely not in Andrews, South Carolina. They still burn witches/blacks down there and force you to go to church if you wear black fingernail paint.

wait, that might be an N thing, jumping to conclusions. Do any of the other Ns here enjoy NASCAR and wife-beating?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
portland, minneapolis, perhaps austin

i think brooklyn and san francisco are the ideal places to live in the us.

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
I will vouch for Seattle. People here just seem more 'real' to me (I've lived in several east coast cities).

Oh! Do you like coffee/bookstores/coffeeshops? INFJs, supposedly, like bookstores. I know I do!

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Do any of the other Ns here enjoy NASCAR and wife-beating?

I love it how my Ne can usually "just know" where the blood will fly and what kind of a pattern emerges. It's like a hunch or something.

Chloe

I will vouch for Seattle
!

I heard this from so many people..... very NF city they said.

i dont know about europe... - what you americans dont know is that in general USA is more N-welcoming than Europe.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
portland, minneapolis, perhaps austin
Yes, Minneapolis and St Paul are lovely! :)

There's a "Keep Austin Weird" campaign as well... I've never been there but it sounds like somewhere I would like.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
well, if you're going by "Keep _____ Weird" campaigns, Asheville NC has a good one going.

i think you'd be wise to search using other variables though... this N/S stuff always gets messy

SNUGGLETRON said:
Do any of the other Ns here enjoy NASCAR and wife-beating?

NASCAR ✓
wife-beating __

... hey anyone wanna get married real quick? i need to figure something out. :whistling:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
don't mix up yuppies with intuitives.

yuppies can be found in abundance in such cities as Burlington, Vermont...Boulder, Colorado...Portland, Oregon...and Seattle.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
well, if you're going by "Keep _____ Weird" campaigns, Asheville NC has a good one going.

i think you'd be wise to search using other variables though... this N/S stuff always gets messy

NASCAR ✓
wife-beating __

... hey anyone wanna get married real quick? i need to figure something out. :whistling:

I live pretty near Asheville, NC, so I found it interesting that you mentioned Asheville. It definitely is a place with "meaning" which I think is one of the major things NFs look for in a city. In other words, it is the opposite of uniform, non-descript suburban living...

I guess how you answer the OP question depends how you define what an NF is looking for. I also agree that just because a place is hippie-like doesn't automatically qualify it as NF.

The Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Durham area is pretty damn NF. Tons of PhDs. Lots of think tanks. Big enough to be hippyish in some areas and suburban in others.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Definitely not in Andrews, South Carolina. They still burn witches/blacks down there and force you to go to church if you wear black fingernail paint.

wait, that might be an N thing, jumping to conclusions. Do any of the other Ns here enjoy NASCAR and wife-beating?

LOL! I'm in Greenville, SC, so when I read this I laughed heartily. SNUGGLETRON lives in the horses ass of a backassward state.

But don't give up hope, SNUGGLETRON. Do get the hell out of there as soon as possible. :hug:

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
Wait, does highly educated = NF? It seems like that is implied in many of these posts. Is it?

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
I don't think there's anything NF about cities. It's all bricks & pricks imo.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't think there's anything NF about cities. It's all bricks & pricks imo.

I take it you've never been to Minneapolis, then. ;)

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
depends on whether your inside the corperate skyscrapers, otherwise minnesota is pretty tolerant.