User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default What's wrong with the ENFP?

It's probably been discussed before, but it seems like there is quite a lot of bias against the ENFP. The few complaints I've heard are that we're too childish and more melodramatic than any other NF (Which I have to disagree with. I knew an INFP who outdid me by miles). Do you believe any personality type is better than another?

EDIT: Alright, so I guess I didn't make this clear (I do tend to not make sense a lot of the time ) but I was wondering if you've had any negative experiences with the ENFP and what made you mad at them. Personal growth pages can only tell you so much. I'd love to hear your real life experience stories.

Being an ENFP, I have had my share. I find my fellow ENFPs to often be overexcited about everything and anything, and tend to run my energy levels in to the ground.
    Last edited by Waffle; 12-05-2009 at 01:02 PM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Furthermore: People seem to think that ENFPs are stereotypically bubble, extremely exuberant, and radiant of their emotions and giddiness.

Ok, that's like saying that every INTP is a mad scientist who sits in a lab.

STOP THE JUDGMENT!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Agreed! I'm a friendly and generally optimistic person, but I love being left alone (I'm a homebody) and I don't usually have huge emotional outbursts. I'll show if I'm happy, but I'm not going to flood the room with every emotion on my mind.

MBTI
    ENFP

Hey, it's no big deal. It's hard not to deal with type stereotypes on the Internet since we don't know each other personally. If we knew each other in person we'd know how we were like our type and also what makes us different than other ENFP's.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

see you've just noticed the recent bias against ENFP because you're a n00b. However, if you stick around for a while, you'll notice cyclical hate expressed toward all of the types. INFPs are pathetic, ESFJs are bitches, ENTPs are sociopathic, ESTJs are evil incarnate...

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    see you've just noticed the recent bias against ENFP because you're a n00b. However, if you stick around for a while, you'll notice cyclical hate expressed toward all of the types. INFPs are pathetic, ESFJs are bitches, ENTPs are sociopathic, ESTJs are evil incarnate...
    ... and ENFJ's are emotional dictators. Let's not leave Pink out. :steam:

Personally, I like being an ENFP, and I consider myself to be emotionally and socially responsible, so if someone doesn't like me for arbitrary reasons, then they can hit the bricks.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

No, it's not just here. I used to be "friends" with other people in to the whole personality type thing. They said that their personalities were superior and better and the ENFPs were nothing but a bunch of ditsy airheads. I gladly beg to differ.

Glycerine

ENFPs seemed to be the most loved type on here. People tend to hyperfocus on their types... I seriously haven't seen much ENFP hate.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
    No, it's not just here. I used to be "friends" with other people in to the whole personality type thing. They said that their personalities were superior and better and the ENFPs were nothing but a bunch of ditsy airheads. I gladly beg to differ.
    Hmmm...are you friends with lots of NTs?

MBTI
    INFP

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-here-now.html

Its just a huge love fest, might make you feel warm and fuzzy