First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8sx
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by UngwŽliante View Post
    How on earth is eating controlled, periodic meals any sign of maturity ?
    I should elaborate. I watched this girl eat gummy worms, sour patch kids, and a gigantic sugary something-or-other from starbucks as a meal, then complain about a stomach ache like a little girl and she couldn't figure out why. if that's not a sign of immaturity, or at least stupidity, i'm not entirely sure what is.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Ever heard of the Standard American Diet? Yea, not an ENFP thing.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by corey_vann View Post
    I should elaborate. I watched this girl eat gummy worms, sour patch kids, and a gigantic sugary something-or-other from starbucks as a meal, then complain about a stomach ache like a little girl and she couldn't figure out why. if that's not a sign of immaturity, or at least stupidity, i'm not entirely sure what is.
    ... Wahh.
    Though I tend to keep it balanced these days, but still with a fairly high level of sugar. But again, I think this just depends on the person. I knew an INFP who would live on booze, sugar, and NyQuil if he could. Or an INTJ who would live on Carl's Jr. Bourbon Burgers and fries.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8sx
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
    ... Wahh.
    Though I tend to keep it balanced these days, but still with a fairly high level of sugar. But again, I think this just depends on the person. I knew an INFP who would live on booze, sugar, and NyQuil if he could.
    lol. i'm not the most healthy eater on the planet either. i've hear that ENTJs are usually body conscious, and while i'm conscious of my body, i don't do the maintenance other's seem too. as you pointed out, the stereotype of and INFP doesn't fit your acquaintance, but he's still an INFP. people are more than four letters.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Shit no. I'm ESTJ and more bubbly than any ENFP on here.

...And if anyone says it's because I'm ENFP, or I will seriously kick his/her ass.
    ....because you secretly hate ENFPs, stop the hateness!! Besides II swear at some point you used to rip on ESTJs
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by corey_vann View Post
    lol. i'm not the most healthy eater on the planet either. i've hear that ENTJs are usually body conscious, and while i'm conscious of my body, i don't do the maintenance other's seem too. as you pointed out, the stereotype of and INFP doesn't fit your acquaintance, but he's still an INFP. people are more than four letters.
    Agreed, I definitely don't embody all aspects of an ENFP. I tend to be slightly more withdrawn than a lot of my fellow ENFPs, but still friendly. I just don't bubble over with every emotion I feel. I've also definitely gone down on the hyper scale.

I will say this for my dislike of the ENFP: We tend to stay dedicated to relationships that have died due to a sense of duty. It's better to be dumped than dump someone, am I right? Much more of a clean break.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8sx
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Agreed, I definitely don't embody all aspects of an ENFP. I tend to be slightly more withdrawn than a lot of my fellow ENFPs, but still friendly. I just don't bubble over with every emotion I feel.
    I've only recently learned that there are percentages and everything to all of this along with secondary and teritary(?) functions. An INFP friend of mine tried explaining it to me, but I was too tired to really pay attention. Also, I talk about this stuff enough that knowing more about it might cause me to be more alienated than I already am.

I've also definitely gone down on the hyper scale.
    I will admit, I did find my ENFP friend adorable at times with her childlike behavior. It would also surprise me when she would blurt out an observation that I hadn't noticed (usually an emotional one) which I found helpful and comforting. The main problem I had was her lack of more grown up behavior (she was 20 or 21 at the time). I attribute this to the way she was raised more than temperment, though I'm sure temperment played into how she coped with the way she was raised. I knew her because she was dating/living with an INTJ buddy of mine. We would still talk even after they broke up, but she so consistently made bad choices that I saw her as liability and stopped talking to her.

I will say this for my dislike of the ENFP: We tend to stay dedicated to relationships that have died due to a sense of duty. It's better to be dumped than dump someone, am I right? Much more of a clean break.
    Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly. You see the sense of duty to the relationship as a plus? I'm not knocking that, just making sure I'm understanding correctly. I don't know if it's better to be the dumper or dumpee, though I do agree that a clean break is best if you want to get over it as soon as possible.

It also seems I missed the point of your original post. No, I don't think that any temperment is best. They all have their strengths, weaknesses, biases, and stereotypes. I think that knowing your type and developing it as much as possible, along with being a well developed person, is the best "type."

I don't know if you're aware of it, but I think a great site to help with that is personalitypage.com. Here's a link to the ENFP personal growth page.

ENFP Personal Growth

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by corey_vann
    I will admit, I did find my ENFP friend adorable at times with her childlike behavior. It would also surprise me when she would blurt out an observation that I hadn't noticed (usually an emotional one) which I found helpful and comforting. The main problem I had was her lack of more grown up behavior (she was 20 or 21 at the time). I attribute this to the way she was raised more than temperment, though I'm sure temperment played into how she coped with the way she was raised. I knew her because she was dating/living with an INTJ buddy of mine. We would still talk even after they broke up, but she so consistently made bad choices that I saw her as liability and stopped talking to her.
    Hahaha. That sounds exactly like me. I tend to look and seem childlike, but every so often I'll stop and say an observation. I'm always watching everyone ( Not in a judging way, just wondering how the other person is feeling and how I can help.) I do tend to make bad decisions, but I can usually correct them pretty fast so that I don't usually upset anyone too much.

Quote Originally Posted by corey_vann
    Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly. You see the sense of duty to the relationship as a plus? I'm not knocking that, just making sure I'm understanding correctly. I don't know if it's better to be the dumper or dumpee, though I do agree that a clean break is best if you want to get over it as soon as possible.

It also seems I missed the point of your original post. No, I don't think that any temperment is best. They all have their strengths, weaknesses, biases, and stereotypes. I think that knowing your type and developing it as much as possible, along with being a well developed person, is the best "type."

I don't know if you're aware of it, but I think a great site to help with that is personalitypage.com. Here's a link to the ENFP personal growth page.

ENFP Personal Growth

I say this as a problem because people I've dated have found out how unhappy I'd been afterwards but had stayed anyway. This angered them to no end, because a relationship is two parts of a whole. They felt like I was wasting their time.
    The same goes for my ENFP best friend. He stayed in his relationship waaaaaaaay past the time where he kept loving his partner, and his partner began to grow more attached. He felt bad and stayed until it became so glaringly obvious that it wouldn't work out.
    Also, I can't tell you how many times I've read that page, and I'd liek to say I'm slowly improving. I used to never speak my mind in a relationship, but now I try to be honest, even at the risk of upsetting the other person. So far I've found that honesty is the best policy.

I guess my reason for the post was to ask people for their personal problems with the ENFP and why they might have them... And to also wonder why it was thought of as a less favored MBTI.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-here-now.html

Its just a huge love fest, might make you feel warm and fuzzy
    Aww, warm and fuzzy.
    Makes my thread unnecessary.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8sx
    Socionics
    ENTJ

I say this as a problem because people I've dated have found out how unhappy I'd been afterwards but had stayed anyway. This angered them to no end, because a relationship is two parts of a whole. They felt like I was wasting their time.
    I understand. I've only had one of what I'd consider to be an actual girlfriend. She is an INFJ and from the very get-go told me I would have to break up with her because she can't do it. I remember thinking, "Thanks for making me the asshole before I even get the chance." In short, we broke up, and by "we broke up," I mean that I broke up with her. I could tell it wasn't going anywhere and, to be honest, I stayed with her three months longer than I should have. I didn't like the idea of wasting either of our time. It must be an F thing to stay in a relationship for that reason.

Also, I can't tell you how many times I've read that page, and I'd liek to say I'm slowly improving. I used to never speak my mind in a relationship, but now I try to be honest, even at the risk of upsetting the other person. So far I've found that honesty is the best policy.

I guess my reason for the post was to ask people for their personal problems with the ENFP and why they might have them... And to also wonder why it was thought of as a less favored MBTI.
    I'm glad to hear that it's been helpful. It's helped me out a lot, too. I hope the responses to your post have been helpful so far.