• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Intuitive feelers and inspiration

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Inspiration is a major thing in my life, especially in my artwork. I need it to keep going.

This is primordial for NFs, according to Keirsey.
As an INFJ, inspiration generally springs from people for me.

I know this is a very wide subject, so what inspires you? :)

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
People(particularly young people and the elderly)
Relationships between people
Intelligence used
Displays of courage
The awesomeness of nature
Beauty, whatever that may mean in the moment
Romance of every kind
Joyfulness

I'm inspired by life in general.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
people/relationships
music
nature/being outdoors
small acts of kindness

This might sound strange - but history. Especially from a purely creative standpoint, I'm very inspired by different movements in art and culture.

I sometimes also get neat ideas for stories or short films while I'm riding my bike.

Certain types of architecture, too, give me ideas about things to write.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
What inspires me? When I see a group of people work together for a greater cause..

When I see those who are suffering pull through.

When I see those who work hard, yet get little respect, but they keep on trying.

What inspires me are the simple things in life.. those special moments that leave an imprint on me.. the little idiosyncrasies that really capture a sense of meaning that colors my life.

Most of all, what inspires me is the courage people have for one another when it comes to love..

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
People, almost exclusively. Books (which are still people).

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I don't usually think about what inspires me, but I find that things that are well put together and thought-provoking are inspiring. It inspires me to try and be as good as that.

I think I'm attracted and inspired just by things that can be without worry, since it is so hard for me to be.

Lily Bart

MBTI Type
INFP
I think it's just the nature of the NF personality type that almost anything can inspire you -- you tend to live for those moments -- but I do have to be in a relaxed frame of mind -- then it's just whatever's out there that gets me going, even if I have to create an issue, like moving the furniture around cause I've got nothing better to do at the moment!

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Music. I tried to think of other things but it all goes back to this, I guess.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Almost anything can inspire me...

But I mostly get inspired by:
music
books
photos
people/relationships
art
film
fashion
religion
nature
architecture

The last two really help me when in a rut at work; if I take a break and walk outside and just soak in my surroundings, then I often come back ready to design.

Sensitive_Mystro

MBTI Type
INFJ
Definitely seeing other people perform small acts of kindness. This makes me extensively happy for some reason.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm generally inspired whenever I see someone with a good heart succeed. Especially if they've had to overcome a point where the odds were against them or they were treated as a misfit. You often see this in TV and movies, which is great, but it's even better to see it happen in real life.

A woman I care about inspires me to do better. Admittedly, sometimes it's for selfish reasons, like wanting to impress the person. But the more beautiful occurance is when their very being, the greatness of their character (especially in the areas you lack), inspires you to actually be a better person.

Sometimes the weather inspires me. If it's sunny out, it inspires me to actually leave the house, go out in the world, and do something.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Inspiration in what sense?
When I want to improvise on the piano, I'm sometimes inspired by words - a short phrase I'd use to describe a certain person or my own mood. Sometimes that automatically triggers a melody or a chord progression in my head. Really strange because I strongly prefer music without lyrics :)

dani_elle

MBTI Type
ENFP
1) Music
2) Success stories
3) Driven individuals
4) Beautiful things.
5) Films
6) Fashion (i would like to point out I don't care much for seasonal trends. Its just that some designers create such awesome looks and some people just know how to dress to enhance their personality.)
7) Faith

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I am just starting to understand a lot of things about the people who inspire me and thought I'd post my reflections here. Many will probably find them crazy or strangely religious, but I hope some will understand and relate, especially INFJs who tend to find inspiration in human beings just like I do.
The reason I've had to think deep on this is that I recently met an ISFJ woman who has inspired me for years. I painted her portrait last summer (I work from photographs so she only saw the result when she received the print I sent to her), and we happened to talk a bit about it, and she exclaimed: "I was thinking: 'Why did she paint me? Why?' " And I could tell she was both puzzled and moved by it. I was also moved to see her reaction and never found the words to explain it to her. I proceeded to write her a letter afterwards where I tried my best to explain it to her.

Thanks to C. S. Lewis and his autobiography Surprised by Joy I am starting to see how artistic intuitive introverts create an ideal parallel world within themselves because they see how faulty the actual world is. As a Christian, I understand this world as a "fallen world." The physical and the ideal world coexist in my life, but sometimes, a bridge is created when inspiration strikes: an element of the physical world is revealing itself as ideal. Hope fills me and makes me think the real world isn’t so hostile after all. Imagine the bliss. Since this bridge is usually created by a human being, I can become so idolatrous of that person at times.
As a Christian, I have struggled so about this! Because my conscience was step dancing around like crazy, but also because the relationships created with the inspiring people can easily become unhealthy and disastrous.

I read The Four Loves by C. S. Lewis, and thought this passage particularly relevant in regards to this:

"We were made for God. Only by being a manifestation of his beauty, loving-kindness, wisdom or goodness, has any earthly Beloved excited our love. It is not that we have loved them too much, but that we did not quite understand what we were loving. It is not that we shall be asked to turn from them, so dearly familiar, to a Stranger. When we see the face of God we shall know that we have always known it. He has been a party to, has made, sustained and moved moment by moment within, all our earthly experiences of innocent love. All that was true love in them was, even on earth, far more His than ours, and ours only because His. In Heaven there will be no anguish an no duty of turning away from our earthly Beloveds. First, because we shall have turned already; from the rivulets to the Fountain, from the creatures He made lovable to Love Himself. But secondly, because we shall find them all in Him. By loving Him more than them we shall love them more than we now do." (C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves- Charity)

Any thoughts?