User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 66

  1. #21
    Senior Member Shimpei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9
    Socionics
    ISFx
    Posts
    339

    Default

    They are truly charismatic people. Though they are controlling, they are from the less abrasive group of control freaks.

  2. #22
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    They are truly charismatic people. Though they are controlling, they are from the less abrasive group of control freaks.
    And everyone loves them. Their bosses, their coworkers, their "clients" (well, students from my experience with ENFJ teachers). Who else can have that widespread a fan base? Usually someone gets screwed over when you are a middle-management type of person but (Good) ENFJs manage to please everyone and make them all feel great and affirm their achievements.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  3. #23
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    I frequently feel very schizophrenic wanting desperately to actualize and care for people while striding around like a benevolent Napoleon and knocking over the trash. I don't see how the two urges even REMOTELY go together, but there they are. *sighs* I'm told by several people that I could have been a hideously evil cult leader if I had not been taken in hand early, but I just don't see it. I don't believe in my capacity to be so manipulative. I feel like I get assigned power over others that I don't have?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  4. #24
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Well I doubt your evil cult leader *thinks* he's manipulative (although some of them probably fully recognize what they're doing and enjoy wielding that control). ;-) He's probably so into his own world vision and thinking it's the 'right' one that he wants everyone else to follow in his footsteps.... ?

  5. #25
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Well I doubt your evil cult leader *thinks* he's manipulative (although some of them probably fully recognize what they're doing and enjoy wielding that control). ;-) He's probably so into his own world vision and thinking it's the 'right' one that he wants everyone else to follow in his footsteps.... ?
    You know, I never thought about it like that. Hmm! Interesting!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  6. #26
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I frequently feel very schizophrenic wanting desperately to actualize and care for people while striding around like a benevolent Napoleon and knocking over the trash. I don't see how the two urges even REMOTELY go together, but there they are. *sighs* I'm told by several people that I could have been a hideously evil cult leader if I had not been taken in hand early, but I just don't see it. I don't believe in my capacity to be so manipulative. I feel like I get assigned power over others that I don't have?
    Exactly. It's like the psychic INFJs that everyone is always talking about. I wish I had these special powers.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  7. #27
    *ears perk up* wolfmaiden14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    Infx
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Exactly. It's like the psychic INFJs that everyone is always talking about. I wish I had these special powers.
    An interesting phenomenon to watch. It's just the awesomeness of having diversity! Something that comes second nature to one type, another type doesn't "see" or understand the thought process, and so it comes off like some sort of ESP or super-charisma or genius. Meanwhile.. the other person just doesn't even comprehend that what they do is any different from anyone else because it's so natural to them.

    That's why it's important to "be yourself." Even when it doesn't follow the norm. XD
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

    Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

  8. #28
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    I wanted to point out something that I like about NFJs.

    Last night, my sister and I got on the subject of a boy (an ISFP) I used to go to automotive school with. He and his brothers were beaten up frequently by his dad who was a real nasty piece of work. Boy used to be extremely skittish, quiet, didn't look people in the eye. He was always out the door first when the "all clear" was given for the day. I knew about him because his mother worked with my mother, and Boy's dad had been on the FBI's most wanted list at one point which I know was humiliating for him. I had to reassure him that every man made his way in life and that he wasn't going to become his father, and that no one thought he was his dad. For some reason he needed to hear that.

    You know a loaded gun when you see one. Boy was exactly that -- quiet and hurt and dangerous. Because of that I made a point of calling him by name every day, smiling at him, sitting next to him and talking to him. I carefully got him used to being touched again without flinching. (He used to duck his head away from people as if they were going to hit him.) He was very sweet and pleasant, and had a very pretty smile. He was unfailingly polite to me. I was voted to represent the diesel program in the Student Government Association, and when I came back from one of our events, I was loaded down with cupcakes for the guys, and I went looking especially for Boy because I knew he didn't eat regularly. (My sister used to feed him too when she was up from the welding lab.)

    I found him on a back stairwell all alone as usual. Prattling away, I packed three cupcakes into him before he had a chance to protest. He was smiling too much to complain.

    Between me and my ex-Marine ESFJ male friend George we got Boy smiling and relaxed again. The rest of the guys had dismissed Boy as a freak.

    I couldn't let them do that to him. He was already a kicked dog.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  9. #29
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I wanted to point out something that I like about NFJs.

    Last night, my sister and I got on the subject of a boy (an ISFP) I used to go to automotive school with. He and his brothers were beaten up frequently by his dad who was a real nasty piece of work. Boy used to be extremely skittish, quiet, didn't look people in the eye. He was always out the door first when the "all clear" was given for the day. I knew about him because his mother worked with my mother, and Boy's dad had been on the FBI's most wanted list at one point which I know was humiliating for him. I had to reassure him that every man made his way in life and that he wasn't going to become his father, and that no one thought he was his dad. For some reason he needed to hear that.

    You know a loaded gun when you see one. Boy was exactly that -- quiet and hurt and dangerous. Because of that I made a point of calling him by name every day, smiling at him, sitting next to him and talking to him. I carefully got him used to being touched again without flinching. (He used to duck his head away from people as if they were going to hit him.) He was very sweet and pleasant, and had a very pretty smile. He was unfailingly polite to me. I was voted to represent the diesel program in the Student Government Association, and when I came back from one of our events, I was loaded down with cupcakes for the guys, and I went looking especially for Boy because I knew he didn't eat regularly. (My sister used to feed him too when she was up from the welding lab.)

    I found him on a back stairwell all alone as usual. Prattling away, I packed three cupcakes into him before he had a chance to protest. He was smiling too much to complain.

    Between me and my ex-Marine ESFJ male friend George we got Boy smiling and relaxed again. The rest of the guys had dismissed Boy as a freak.

    I couldn't let them do that to him. He was already a kicked dog.
    And it's guys like you that make life a fuck of a lot easier for guys like me, bar none.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #30
    *ears perk up* wolfmaiden14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    Infx
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    And it's guys like you that make life a fuck of a lot easier for guys like me, bar none.
    amen to that!
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

    Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTP] What are ISTP women like?
    By simulatedworld in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-29-2015, 06:50 PM
  2. [ISTP] What are female ISTPs like in a relationship?
    By mwv6r in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 11:53 AM
  3. what are esfp females like irl?
    By AphroditeGoneAwry in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 11:37 PM
  4. [INTP] What are female INTPs like?
    By Shinzon in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 06:43 PM
  5. FJs: What are your relationships like with other FJs?
    By proteanmix in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO