User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I'm sorry, but I've never found xNTPs hard to figure out. There's nothing enigmatic about them. Though being stripped of that supposed Sphinx-like aura seems to bother them a great deal. Shouting "You don't know me! I'm a great big mystery!" doesn't make you any less transparent to certain people. Transparency has nothing to do with how complicated you are as a person.

I'm transparent to my ENFP sister. I just deal with it.

INFPs can keep me guessing. I know their moral baseline and who they are as a person, but the reactions can be wide and varied, so I tend to wait on how they react to something to know how to be supportive.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Well, my situations with ENFJ's have been those with winners. Neither can win, we part our ways. Stalemate.

The same thing as with most ESTP's I've seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

ENTJs and ENFJs aren't meant to do battle! We're meant to partner up and take over the world. We're sympatico!

Signed, Homer HendelBergenHeizel, Esquire
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    ENTJs and ENFJs aren't meant to do battle! We're meant to partner up and take over the world. We're sympatico!

Signed, Homer HendelBergenHeizel, Esquire
    The combined powers of a balanced ENTJ and a balanced ENFJ would be frightening and awe inspiring to behold.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    The ENFJ doesn't necessarily know what you are thinking, or at least not the INTP mind. They may think they do, and they suggest they do, and the way they suggest it makes you think they do. Grill them with hard logic, it's not their specialty, and as I have found with the case of my mother, they don't know.
    I do have to say that this is a problem with one of my ENFJ friends in particular... she thinks she knows EXACTLY what I am thinking, but she doesn't. I think it's sticking out more because we used to be on the same wavelength. My other ENFJ friends and I are fine, but she has been very off in reading me lately, but thinks she has me so figured out. Uh, nope.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

enfjs don't necessarily understand others in-so-much as they know how to AFFECT them. they're the best in the world at this. they know what works and what doesn't, they are masters of understanding social CONTEXT above all else, so they can imagine what the externalities are doing to your interior very well. the broader and more advanced their Ni, the better they are at gravitating toward the tense/active energies + knowing how to massage them out. depending on enneagram type/specialization, they'll have different distributions of skillsets/awarenesses that may be better or worse at hitting the mark for you. my intj 6 immediately hits it off with enfj 2s, but not 3s. the 6 and 3 clash, the 2 is instantly trustworthy and benevolent (same experience for me, altho i generally like all 4s).

great Ni, as mentioned, will make enfjs get the gist of things really well. they'll just see where the whole scene intersects, what the big picture hinges on, where things converge, etc. but they will not have your judgments worked out in the way that they make sense to you. they generally are very fluid and the inferior Ji makes them a little less grounded than many other types when it comes to navigating the world of Ji (just like, as infj, i am least confident/capable in the realm of Pe where i have to rely on instincts and immediately REACT).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    enfjs don't necessarily understand others in-so-much as they know how to AFFECT them.
    Good distinction. I suppose this is how they know what you feel - they made you feel it
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Good distinction. I suppose this is how they know what you feel - they made you feel it
    +100

especially when you look at that winking example. suggestive Fe is infinitely adaptable. you can always call an audible, move in a different direction, adjust your approach, revise your articulation, specify or expand, etc.

that's a huge key to an extroverted function. it gets very good at merging, which is all about speed speed speed. e3s are especially good at being aware of how they present themselves, so they know EXACTLY what they're selling at all times. "winning smiles," etc.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Eh. I don't agree with this, I don't make people feel anything.

I do howeover observe what goes on in social situations to assist my understanding of people.
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    Eh. I don't agree with this, I don't make people feel anything.

I do howeover observe what goes on in social situations to assist my understanding of people.
    But here's the thing... I think a lot of ENFJs don't think they consciously try to make people feel a certain way, but I think it happens anyway... even if the ENFJ is unaware of it (and the other person, too).