• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Male INFPs with mother issues

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I didn't speak with her for 10 years.

Anyway... here's the good news. You are only 29. So many people don't realize what's going on until they are 40, 50, or even on their death bed. Consider yourself ahead of the game. It's not going to be easy, but by dealing with these issues now, you give yourself a chance to claim your adulthood, be your own person, and live the life you want to live.

:yes:

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
Awww, you INFP guys make me want to huggle you and look after you!

Does that bother you? :angel:

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
Not at all..:D..we need it.

Aww, I know I know.

Biaxident said:
How about just the huggle?

Huggle, huggle, huggle until we can huggle nomore!

I don't like to think of us INFP's as "damaged", but we are a sensitive lot, and I think INFP guys are adorable.

What about female INFP's and father issues? :blush:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Best way to look after me would be best discussed in the Mature forum...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Best way to look after me would be best discussed in the Mature forum...

Mature forum? Like mashing all your food before you eat it and making sure you hit the potty before you have an accident? :p

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mature forum? Like mashing all your food before you eat it and making sure you hit the potty before you have an accident? :p

*pats your head* good boy... :cheese:

Prime

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm often a 52% J/48% P, so...

I have a good relationship with both of my parents. If there are any mother issues, it would probably only stem from a slight over-protectedness (all major landmarks in my life tend to happen later than normal). My mom understands me better than most. When I was a child, she did attempt to mainstream me to the kids at school, but I simply didn't fit in. After that, she stopped pushing me to be social and instead tried to cultivate my creative side (piano lessons, guitar lessons, etc.).

Sometimes, I wish she would kick me out of the house so I could grow up a little. But on the other hand, my parents are immigrants who come from a tradition of close family ties. Some of my relatives have four-generation households. I think leaving home (which I don't want to do) would impact my parents more on a cultural basis than an MBTI basis. Basically, that makes me way less desirable to white girls, but I keep trying... and failing.

NinjaSwan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yea I have mother problems- over-controlling and very manipulative. Although they mostly stem from the problems she had with her mother, which were very bad. She tends to try to use me to fill holes in her life, if that makes sense. She is also an (unhealthy) ESFJ, so maybe you can see how that might be a problem. Me being extremely independent and anti-authortian probably doesn't help very much tho.

and OMG OMG OMG first post OMG OMG OMG

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmmmm

I identify so much with many of the issues brought up in this thread. Except I'm female....I do have have an ESFJ mother though...and my father was absent.
Do you know what hurts most, is my mother has never ever tried to get to know me, she just tells what I should do. I'm pissed also, because after seven years of no talking, she's convince herself and the rest of the family she's in the frickin' right. It's like no-one's ever wondered why I felt the need to stop talking to her.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Firey, your av makes me :drool: