• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What kind of people do you attract romantically?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I attract lonely intellectuals
Aging party girls/bartenders
Older women (it's been like that since college, mostly in their 40s & 50s)
Drunk rocker chicks('Commoverhereankissmeeeee!')
Soccer moms
Dancers
Crazy feelers
Nice feelers
Horny librarians
Former junkies
Bisexual women/part-time lesbians

I'm a magnet for human oddity, and I'm ok with that.:cool:

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ESFJs coming out of bad relationships and lost, but kindhearted ENFPs.

Lately, it has been ESFJ women in their late twenties or early thirties, sometimes divorced, usually have children, and seem to have the intent of getting married to the next guy that comes around, in fear that it may be too late if they wait any longer.

I'm a 21 yr old college student! It would be nice to attract someone who isn't looking for a rebound or a breadwinner. :cry:

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
I tend to attract a whole lot of ISFP's!
I have on ISFP friend that I feel is nearly obsessing over me. Which is awfull sometimes cause he showers me with attention constantly and I can't keep up!

Ooh tell me your secret - I have an ISFP in my life for past 10 years who is always giving me vibe - is she or is she not into me? Wish she would get laid by someone, preferably me :) and settle matter.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Soccer moms
Dancers
Crazy feelers
Nice feelers
Horny librarians
Former junkies

That's a pretty good list. Odd in a good way is the BEST. I tend to get creepy odd or boringly normal.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
a mixed bag really.

Edit - pretty much this actually: (wierd)

Soccer moms
Dancers
Crazy feelers
Nice feelers
Horny librarians
Former junkies

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's a pretty good list. Odd in a good way is the BEST. I tend to get creepy odd or boringly normal.

Or in my case, drug addicts. Yip. Eee.

Robert Downey types. The Lord Byrons. Anti-heroes.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
...those who need to be assisted in some way, those who have a mask of overconfidence which hides a feeling of emptiness and inadequacy, or who feel truly misunderstood and haven't developed a strength of self yet... who feel refreshed at the scent of a nonjudgemental and calm breeze, but who don't seem to know how to give healthily.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Knowing I was Southern (and all the "inbred" jokes I make), I actually had one of them say, "I wish you were my step sister/cousin so I could [everything else further censored] to you."

He meant it. lol Oooookay. Settle down there, Lord Byron.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Overly energetic people have a thing for me, - maybe because they'll never understand why I'm not like them..... retarded.....though they do make good friends, but they can take you into the most annoying situations, that's why I call them retards - INFJ's, I can Identify sometimes, and they usually hang out with me a lot, go for walks etc., INFJ's I've met are the least superficial out of the people I know, and I have these feelings that we have a lot of things in common(from body language, I guess) - so I like hanging out with them... a lot.

I'm the weakest in my J preference, btw.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I personally like energetic people, happy people who aren't trying to play some mind game on me. I'm not into that. Just be blunt in your feelings and smooth in your approach and its a go :newwink:

Qre:us

The homeless.

Got that once, in NYC. First time seeing the city, 16 years old, on a school trip. Walking towards Central Park, a homeless dude with his cup of change, hawking all the passerbys for some donation. Sees me coming up, hides his cup behind his back, looks squarely at my cups, and says, "Forget money, I want those!" And, then grins up at me, showcasing a few missing teeth.

No. :dry:

(Many other interesting encounters on that trip)

PS - I don't know the homeless dude's MBTI type.

I don't know how to group the people that seem to be attracted to me, as they are quite varied, and I don't know enough about them. I don't allow for their pursuit to go for too long, if I've gauged that they're not a potential for me.

The ones who stick around, are those that I allow to stick around, and, they are exceptionally quick on the uptake, got wit, mostly introverts, confident, liberal, likes being challenged, honest to a fault where others may see them as socially 'rude' sometimes, randomly it turns out, very into athletics, quirky, don't talk too much bullshit (I'm the one to do that in the relationship :D), comparatively more in touch with their feelings than me/the nurturer in the relationship, mostly Js, and are quite virtuous/moral. I'm a fiend for morality; I go searching for people who manifests their personal beliefs into action, and holds it to a rigorous standard. E.g., "I don't litter," meaning if by accident, a gum wrapper flies out of his hand, he chases it, and puts it in the garbage.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I generally attract quiet, too shy, and insecure girls to me. Too bad this isn't what I'm interested in at all. By this I mean that these are the kinds that come to me and try to get with me. These girls all seem to be I_F_. A good bit of girls who have been attracted to me have been INFP I've noticed, along with some ISFPs and INFJs. They must enjoy my quiet intensity, and if I meet them in school they probaby like how passionate I can get about the things that I debate. These girls never, ever tell me or give me hints that they like me (until it's too late to start anything), and expect for me to pick up on their feelings somehow (that's somewhat speculation). All that they do is talk casually to me, no flirting or anything. And when I get to talking to them one to one about stuff, there are still no signs. It's a bit annoying.

Or I attract girls that are very obnoxious and loud, that I wouldn't want to be caught being with anywhere!

I am not very attracted to NFs usually.

I am attracted to girls who are reliable, easy to talk to and start conversations often and have some depth to them. When it comes to physical traits I'm attracted to somewhat conservative dress (less skin showing) and people who aren't obese. :p I've found that I really like ISTJ and NTP girls for various reasons, with the occasional ESTJ attraction. I just don't meet very many ESTJ girls though. I've never met any NTJ women in real life, but I imagine that I would work with an INTJ who is somewhat emotionally open (based on who I've met on the internet...).

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Usually outgoing, humorous people and more frequently very awkward guys (the 'Boo hoo, I'm desperate for a girlfriend! Hold me' kind). The latter is just... no. No, thanks :/

The one in your avatar is the prize. :wubbie:

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think the most annoying thing about the whole situation is that I don't understand why these people are attracted to me. Honestly, it kinda freaks me out :/ When someone shows obvious interest it really puts me off. I just wanna go bury myself in a hidey-hole and pretend it never happened.

Edit: Whoops, sorry BlahBlah! I didn't realize you were talking to me :ohmy:
And I agree!

Lauren

MBTI Type
INFP
They must enjoy my quiet intensity, and if I meet them in school they probaby like how passionate I can get about the things that I debate. These girls never, ever tell me or give me hints that they like me (until it's too late to start anything), and expect for me to pick up on their feelings somehow (that's somewhat speculation). All that they do is talk casually to me, no flirting or anything. And when I get to talking to them one to one about stuff, there are still no signs. It's a bit annoying.

I am not very attracted to NFs usually.

I am attracted to girls who are reliable, easy to talk to and start conversations often and have some depth to them. When it comes to physical traits I'm attracted to somewhat conservative dress (less skin showing) and people who aren't obese. :p I've found that I really like ISTJ and NTP girls for various reasons, with the occasional ESTJ attraction. I just don't meet very many ESTJ girls though. I've never met any NTJ women in real life, but I imagine that I would work with an INTJ who is somewhat emotionally open (based on who I've met on the internet...).

This is just a guess but I think that the reason you're not picking up on the INFP girls' interest is that, as an S, it's possible you might be missing some of the signals. I think an N would more easily pick up on the signals of another N. When I feel strongly about someone, I think it's much more obvious to another N--they pick on nuances and what's underneath casual conversation (what's not being said). I've only recently said some things to make it abundantly obvious to an N friend whom I care for that I care for him, and that makes me very uncomfortable because I feel I'm being too obvious even though I'm actually saying very little. Uncomfortable because I'm sure he knows I care, being a strong N and the two of us having an almost telepathic connection with each other.

I understand your desire not to have to guess at signals. Perhaps you prefer the S because they make it more clear up front (and you are an S as well). In the two relationships I had with ISTJ and ISTP men, they made their interest known in a direct way (asked for my phone number, asked me out).

Parrish

MBTI Type
infp
~The overly touchy-feely and/or emotionally-gushy type (No, I don`t particularly enjoy making out in public sitting next to my brother. Geez.:doh:)
~emotionally hurt people
~narcissists
~the team-sports playing ones
~the fakers
~the type that makes you want to know them better, because you think there must be something deeper hiding behind the curtain, only to discover that what you see is exactly what you get.
~I used to get attention from those looking for some casual groping/one night stands, but it seems I`ve developed my "Don`t even try bothering me" look enough to keep them at a safe distance.

Good times:bananallama:

monocycle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've attracted an array of personality types. They're usually FPs; however, I did attract an ESTJ once (which did not go very well :doh:).
I also have an abundant of girls who confess to love me, and they are usually overweight or have major issues with their weight (overweight or not).
I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm gay?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is just a guess but I think that the reason you're not picking up on the INFP girls' interest is that, as an S, it's possible you might be missing some of the signals. I think an N would more easily pick up on the signals of another N. When I feel strongly about someone, I think it's much more obvious to another N--they pick on nuances and what's underneath casual conversation (what's not being said). I've only recently said some things to make it abundantly obvious to an N friend whom I care for that I care for him, and that makes me very uncomfortable because I feel I'm being too obvious even though I'm actually saying very little. Uncomfortable because I'm sure he knows I care, being a strong N and the two of us having an almost telepathic connection with each other.

I am actually quite good at hearing what isn't being said, but I like to have tangible proof of that. S vs N in this context may in part be a difference of motivations and methods of gaining attention. Ns send out very subtle signals, and want another N to pick up on these. My thoughts when I pick up on these signals is "well if they really liked me they would do something about it" (this is assuming that I am not too crazy about them).

And on the contrary, it makes me very uncomfortable when things like this are vague, while it makes you uncomfortable to be blunt.

When I'm interested in an N and they're interested in me, it works out though. I pick up on the nuances, and then I take action to take things further. But if it's one sided it's a bit weird.

I understand your desire not to have to guess at signals. Perhaps you prefer the S because they make it more clear up front (and you are an S as well). In the two relationships I had with ISTJ and ISTP men, they made their interest known in a direct way (asked for my phone number, asked me out).
Yeah when people are being too ambiguous I just drop the entire thing and get frustrated (it's usually noticeable). An example of that was an ENFP chick liked me a lot, and she was being very hot and cold. She would just continue to be ambiguous when I was asking questions to understand her positions, and I just gave up entirely. She didn't understand it, was asking me what was wrong, etc. Ugh. She obviously liked me, but didn't seem to want to date or anything like that. Confused the hell out of me to say the least. I think that ENFPs use their Ne to be ambiguous, and with their understanding of Fi know how to use this to affect people even more with their ambiguities. I like ENTPs though, their Ne Fe combo makes the implications a lot more obvious, and even fun to figure out.