• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What kind of people do you attract romantically?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I seem to attract INT's the most often, but the types I've been in longer relationships with have all been ENxx's.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I attract:

1. Married men
2. Men with significant others
3. Men who should not consider themselves available

WTF?!?

:laugh:

Yeah...sigh. Reminds me...I inevitably meet people who really like me but who are completely emotionally unavailable. They want the closeness/intimacy without the commitment. It's a very annoying pattern.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
+1 on the taken/married men. It's as if I'm slathered in chum and dangling off a boat.

+1 on the head cases too. If they aren't married/taken, they're trying to destroy themselves as elaborately as possible. I don't mind their bullet holes. I mind the rush into oblivion. I turn into a life vest (continuing the boat ref... see what I did there?).

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't say I was good at it! :p

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
None. At least none that I know of.

colma

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
a) single moms
b) married women

:blush: It kinda creeps me out a little... I try not to think about it.

tango

MBTI Type
eNFP
Also a smattering of odd, lonely, socially uncomfortable men who just need attention and because I treat them neutrally, they take it as encouragement.

I've seen that as well. Though aside from the half of them that are already encompassed by that statement, either INTJs or INTPs. =P

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
For you NF's that say INT types are your most common attraction or that you've had the most success in relationship with that type, where are you meeting these people? I know very few INF's.

Are you literally meeting them at the places that have been listed on these forums - bookstores, art shows, museums, libraries, college, etc?? Or is it more often that you've met them in the workplace or that somehow you guys were met randomly or were drawn to each other in a public setting somehow?

Where are these INF-INT meetings taking place?

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Urgh problems posting on this tiny keypad, lemme try again...

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
In my opinion, INFJ females often attract the following:

1) INTPs of both genders who appreciate our mind.

2) Sweet, unassuming ISxJ men who seem to find us charming and a good example of polite femininity. This is only their understanding of our social facade however. If they were to get to know us better they'd probably find us neurotic, overly-emotional and maybe a little insane.

3) ENTP men who want to have witty repartee with us and then seduce us.

4) ENFP men who want to have deep, meaningful conversations with us and then seduce us.

5) ESTP men who want us to laugh at their jokes, watch their sports games, and have sex with them. At least that's how things started with my husband ;)

Of those, I'm most attracted to ESTPs and ENTPs. I find ENFP men sexy too but I need someone more grounded. I'm also very attracted to ESFPs, though in my experience they often seek a T partner and just aren't as enamored with INFJs as some of the other types are.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I don't know.

The only girl's I've dated so far have been pretty nuts.

ubiquitous1

Where are these INF-INT meetings taking place?

All of the NTs I've met, with 1 exception, have been in College-Calculus class, Chemistry Class, a Personality Theory class and though tutoring work ,I do for TRIO. TRIO is a federally funded student support service that serves disadvantaged students. The exception was through my ENFP friend who met an ENTP/J through Eharmony.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I know there have been a few ESP males interested in me. (They came to me, I didn't do anything to make it happen).

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
I attract almost exclusively first borns/only children. Often ENTJ/ESTJ ish types, with a few INFPs thrown in for good measure (although they rarely express their feelings). They are often fairly accomplished in terms of skills and most have a drive towards education, or else go the opposite route and are successful at what they do, but without certification and are entrepreneurs. Also a smattering of odd, lonely, socially uncomfortable men who just need attention and because I treat them neutrally, they take it as encouragement. Often the people who are attracted to me aren't particularly close with their own family (although I am very much so with mine) and I think appreciate me drawing them out when they are not in the habit of disclosing much emotional stuff. This is a problem though because they are not often in the habit of being vulnerable and that usually means there are insecurities there that create other problems. A lot of the time those insecurities manifest themselves in an apprearance of confidence, which often isn't true confidence.

Wow. You just described me and my ex, who is an INFJ.

The kind I end up not being attracted to :/

Yup.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I tend to attract quirky, sardonic, and confident men. And women who liked The Matrix.

Last edited: