• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What kind of people do you attract romantically?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am attracted to Special people, and Special people are attracted to me.

It should be known that Special does not necessarily mean "Good", but oftentimes it does...

Awesome attracts awesome.

And backasswards crazy, attracts backasswards crazy, just sayin'...

:newwink:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I attract:

1. Married men
2. Men with significant others
3. Men who should not consider themselves available

WTF?!?

Oh, plus there was this one girl who told me about how she just got out of a psych ward when she first met me then proceeded to stalk me for a few weeks cause I was supposed to be her soulmate or something. Think she was an INFP.

Um, I seem to attract just about everyone...? All ages, races, colors, creeds. It's a gift. :blush: Actually, it's kind of annoying. :cheese:

You can make that xNFP an ENFP now, kaythnx :)

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
i think for me, its more situational than type based.

for instance, like they're bday is 1-2 months away, or they are reaching marrying age, it is close to a holiday (The major ones I consider are Valentines, Christmas/New Years, summer break), or they are reaching a turning point in their lives, i.e. school is ending and they are going to start work, etc... more than type based, the ones that come on subtley strong when i meet them first have always seem to have one of the above in common. the days approaching holidays, can get pretty crazy.

i totally notice girls acting completely different depending on the above scenarios. Its kinda crazy how different it can be.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Consistently, and only counting people who have had strong, lasting attractions to me that I'm aware of, and in order of frequency of occurrence:

1. Second borns with at least one younger sister.
2. First borns with one biological younger brother.
3. Born in March, April, May, or October; occasionally November or September. Once July. Never December, June, August, or February.
4. XSTPs, xSFPs, xNTPs, and my ISTJ, the only J that I'm aware.
5. Computer techies(engineers, analyst, etc..), athletes, sales force managers, biochemical engineers(or students of the field), most of whom wished to start their own business or already owned one. In high school, it was the athletes and the most vocal in Student Gov. or S&D. There were a couple of guys off the beaten path and headed to jail, and also really countrified guys, some who regularly fished for their own food in local lakes.
6. People 13 months older, 11 months older, and 5 years older. All three have occurred multiple times over the course of my life in strong, notable attractions. Otherwise, no real age patterns that I can recall.

Thinking about all this made me laugh. Funny.:happy:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
In the past, it's been girls who've had father issues. Though I've almost made it a rule now to date no one in that category. Relationships are based on physical and mental attraction, compatibility. You date someone because you see them and want to spend more time with them, and you secretly or not so secretly want to jump them and make passionate love. Not because you need some poor person to fill some role you were deprived of, or because your religious faith makes it seem a good idea, or because you've known them for ages and can't see any better options. Yawn... I must be doing something wrong to attract these types.

I think my general statement to all these people (though they'll never read it) would be: if I leave you cold and you don't get it, leave me for the ones who do see something and really like me. And I'll apply the same when choosing others. If I'm not truly into them, I shouldn't insult them and waste their time by dating them. Like if you need to keep convincing yourself of it, and you occasionally see something good among the parts you want to change, I'm probably not the right choice.

I'm not sure what kind have lasting attraction. Maybe friendly laid back extroverts. I'm really attracted to certain combinations of dark hair and brown or green eyes. So I might send more of the right signals to these people, and give them more chance to be attracted. I like more intelligent people too. Like I'd love to date someone who could challenge me at everything and discuss anything.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ha. No one.

Lightyear

Texans, Muslims and guys who have escaped a war zone. I am being serious. Also INTP type nerds. It happened to me only once in my whole life that someone was seriously attracted to me for whom I felt the same.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First of: Men. Never been hit on by a lesbian for real before :)

Thinking back, it's often firstborns that I end up with. So I guess I attract them.

I tend to like the alpha's and it seems reciprocated in a lot of cases.

Doers..people who seem to get annoyed at people wasting time, somehow find it fascinating wasting their time on someone who..well, is like that :blush:

Introverts. I never know they're introverts till they tell me that they usually don't talk to a lot of people.

Geeks. I looovvee geeks and they love me for some reason. They're appreciateive of their girlfriends, often intelligent and arrogant and can often banter and keep up with me conversation-wise. Excellent pool to go hunting in! 3 out of 4 bfs were geeks for me.

Foreigners. Could be just a cultural thing, maybe the long blonde hair thing, but Marrocans and Turks, as well as Slavic people seem to find it necessary to stop me in the street or at the very least stare at me. Again, this might be coz it's how they do things in their culture, I dunno. Personally, I like my opposite as well (dark hair, dark eyes), so maybe it's the same for them, who knows.

Men who find it a relief to *not* constantly have to be tough and strong as the world demands it from them. They tend to enjoy my company, as I enjoy seeing their mushy side and won't judge them over it :)

Oh and men that have this desperate need to 'tame' a woman. Like, show her her role in life. Straighten you out. Coz they feel that you are a diamond in the rough that just needs polishing and they enjoy doing the polishing :rolli:

That's about it, I think :)

Lauren

MBTI Type
INFP
I tend to attract the youngest of a family. I love the youngest, and for some reason, the men I've had relationships with and whom I loved have been been the youngest of two. I'm a romantic and so my heart and intuition lead the way. I've had two long-term relationships with ISTJs and, though they had their good, kind qualities, they were both domineering (to an extent), control-oriented people. In the past, I've attracted men who feel I need to be taken care of (as in parent-child) instead of those I prefer, which are men who treat me as an equal in no need of saving. I think it's because I don't appear to live in the here and now and they think I need a safety net. Because I'm independently-minded and very capable of making up my own mind, I felt hemmed in by them. I'm in love now with a NF or NT, and I much prefer the compatibility of minds in an NF or NT (an intense physical attraction goes without saying). I also look younger than my age (so I've been told), and I've attracted a few men much younger men. The two men I've fallen deeply in love with were both Ns, and we seem to read each other's minds. I love open-ended, non-judgmental discussions---then, when one has a strong opinion, it's not dismissed or the other person doesn't feel threatened by it: a respect for the other's point of view. Love has to be there, though.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The first few guys who came after me were *extremely* extroverted conmen types with addiction problems. They came after me aggressively to the point I left school twice because of two different ones. Socially rejected guys pursued me because I was respectful to them. I rarely had anything in common with them and so it was just friendship. There were also problems with coercive pressuring based on an overly strong need for acceptance that I couldn't provide.

After that my only two significant relationships were with INTPs. I don't know if I attract them, or if the ones I was involved with represented a small percentage of people that make sense to me on a deeper level. I think that resulted from the fact that my primary academic mentor of 12 years I would say was an INTP. I had never interacted reciprocally with any men in my entire life, and even though my interactions with my mentor were distant and sometimes harsh in terms of critique, I felt respected by him and he helped shape me into an artist.

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
My LTRs have been with Introverted men. Often from other countries, but I don't know why that is, since there were hardly any genetic or cultural differences to make a case for 'opposites attract'.
Flings - could be all kinds. Dunno.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
The majority of the people who approach me are extremely conformist wiggertypes (ESTJ, ESTP, ESFP). Unfortunately I'm not attracted to them at all. I prefer men who just go their own way and do whatever they want for themselves, but most of those men never approach me! :(

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
So far, all different types. A lot of ENTPs though, which I find odd. An ISFJ, an INTP, and an ENFP. An ESxP too. There have been more, not sure of their types. They were all attracted for different reasons, and all had different intentions.

illume

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Every NF's dream: Emotionally unavailable SJ's..... They are attracted to me like a magnet to the side of a transit bus. :steam:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Guitar players *coughpotdealerscough*

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SPs and SJs. NFs too, but we mostly just settle into friendship. NTs are hard to find, but I've had great relationship success with 'em.

It's been equal with the Es and the Is, but definitely more Es lately.

Weirdly, it's been a lot of guys who were class president or prom king in high school. Early bloomers? Dunno...they're adorable.

What's disturbingly similar is they almost all share the same, erm, bedroom style. TMI?

:smile:

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Really smart, bitter guys, LOL. Either those, or the opposite end of the spectrum: Really romantic, traditional, boy-scout types who aren't too quick on the uptake.

B

brainheart

Males. Lesbians typically seem to hate me. I think I put off a very strong heterosexual vibe. I usually don't know who I attract until someone points it out to me afterward, maybe because if I'm in a situation where I am attracting someone I am typically drunk. I do know males often think I'm flirting when I'm not. I'm just engaging in conversation and they translate it as such. I've been told I'm 'hot as hell'. I think that has to do with just being a physically/sensually oriented person, I don't know, because I definitely don't try. Typically I think I look like hell, not hot.

But wait, are we talking romantically or physically? Romantically, hmm. It seems like every significant other I have had has been radically different from each other, I mean aside from being male. But the ESFP seemed the most twitterpated, and he has stuck.