• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What kind of people do you attract romantically?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I know you guys are smart somewhere on the inside, but you sure have a strange way of showing it!
I'm a very deep and meaningful bidimensional balloon.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know you collect these day and night and store redbull cans in your fridge daily to keep up with the latest bear fashion

381223987_6518b1cee2.jpg

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Dunno that particular one, but well, my conclusions always make sense. I know it might sound prepostorous, delusional etc. But well, I can always explain it if i really need to, its just that my mind does leaps naturally and it feels like explaining how a door knock works to give all the details some people seem to need to follow my train of thought. And i'm not saying that in the 'i'm smarter than you' way. I realise that my way of thinking isn't the best way to have an accurate answer. I also realise that I generally only communicate about 5% of what went on in my head, but kinestesic thinking is sort of hard to translate into words. It's also boring:cry:.

See, I need stuff spelled out for me! I can't just get Fact A and Conclusion Z and go with it. I need the How and Why between it all! It just doesn't make sense if I don't have the details.

LOL!!!!.... you will marry me...

ORLY?!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Intuitives.. without a doubt!! All my friends are Intuitives, and all sensors, are usually just the "Hey, how's it going.. that's good. Bye"
All the intuitives at work like talking to me, and to be honest all the "sensors" bore me anyways, so I'm just nice to them. lol
You?

I've been meaning to ask you "how's it going?"

How's it goin?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
and to answer the thread, nobody these days apparently :cry:

Lauren

MBTI Type
INFP
Ah that works as well. If you're implying something, and I respond in kind and you follow through; then things should be fine.!

Yes, that's exactly it and why I'm hoping he will take the next step. He's implied a great deal and I've implied a great deal. So I feel the next step on his part would be to suggest something that would be unambiguous, such as dinner. There is more to my story, which is, in short: when the feelings between us became apparent a few months ago, I was unavailable and he was dating someone on a casual basis. I'm soon moving to my own place (I've become available) and have made that known. I don't know where things stand with the girl he's dating (which is long distance), other than it doesn't seem serious (because of the feelings he seems to have for me).

olded is exactly the issue. There is signaling, then I follow up that signaling, but it's one sided there. They don't reciprocate. Asking someone out is a blatant display of interest, and as long as you stay true to that interest and don't respond in an ambiguous way, it will all be smooth..

A certain level of vagueness is okay... but then there is that line where it seems like a pointless effort to constantly try to understand motivations. It's that tertiary Ni of IS_Ps, if it gets overworked we get very frustrated. We try to see where the person is coming from, and need Se information to confirm it...!

I understand what you're saying. I knew someone once who was constantly coming forward and then retreating. I felt it was intentional on his part, a way of getting high on the attention but never having to actually commit to any degree with the other person. It's a form of manipulation. In his case, he made a career of this. It was pathological. But definitely, if you're making yourself clear, then they should be clear with you. NF's, though, need to step back and process feelings--think about things--before taking a step. It could be that's what they're doing. But if they're waffling for too long, I would let them go. I wouldn't want someone who felt about me in a tepid way, which is how I might interpret that kind of behavior.

Well of course he's not going to take the next step. How long have you been doing this with him? He's an INTP, they are pretty bad with emotions, especially romantic ones. It's a relief to them to have someone else do all of the initiating. He probably feels deeply for you but doesn't know what to do. Expecting that of him is futile... INTP males often get annoyed in romance because of the expectations put upon them like these.

He is, I think, an INFP--I see him mostly on the job, so he has to project the T (as do I)--but personally, he seems to lead with his feelings and N. I should have said XNFP/J. He's very good with emotions. When I talk with him about how I'm feeling, he completely gets it (even before I tell him how I'm feeling). I feel he's thinking about where he wants to take things with me. I would tell him how I feel, if I was in a safe place (at some intimate setting but NOT at work, definitely). I feel he may be thinking about creating an opportunity like this. Interesting, though, the perspective on INTP males and getting annoyed in romance because of expectations. Something to keep in mind.

Thanks for your kind thoughts!

Prime

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
a) Girls who are far younger than I
b) Women who are far older than I
c) Ladies the same age who are only in town on a short-term basis. Almost every girl I've dated in the past five years (it's a short list) has moved to the other coast. I'd end up seeing someone for a few months, and then they'd leave for work, school, or change of scenery. They have many of the same traits, though: independent, interesting, initiators, effortlessly cool, etc. As far as typology, they're probably NT's.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Honestly, INFJ's would be people I'm attracted to, :) . - aha - Take that 'opposites attract'!.

Lena

MBTI Type
enfp
Many types are attracted to me at FIRST,but when they see my crazy side..um,they might freak out a bit and back-off.:p I don't mind tho,because I'm usually never really into those men who are insecure and too sweet,mama's boys,anyway.

Most common trait among the men of my life is that they've all been some sort of artists...graphic designers,painters,illustrators,musicians.Almost all of them into music and arts.I attract nerds,players,athletics,weirdos,lesbians.I guess they're never really basic,"normal" people.(Maybe INTP's,INFP'S,INFJ'S,ENTP'S,ENFP'S..mainly)

P

Phantonym

:laugh: This is a funny subject for me. I've noticed over the years that I mostly tend to attract two types of men.

The first ones are these sort of younger (not necessarily but mostly), dreamy, timid and shy, I could even call them weak (both physically and psychologically) kind of men. These are the ones that look for a specific strong mommy-type woman to lean on.

The other is, well, why beat around the bush, the dirty old man type. Men in their late 50s, early 60s who are looking for I don't even want to know what.

The kind of men that I guess sort of need "fixing". I'm not even going to try to type them. :D

Do I really have to point out that I am not attracted to neither of these? :dry:

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I've only noticed these two more often in the past:

The ESTPs.

The shy, who probably confuse me for ENFJ.

Yossarian

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I attract almost exclusively first borns/only children. Often ENTJ/ESTJ ish types, with a few INFPs thrown in for good measure (although they rarely express their feelings). They are often fairly accomplished in terms of skills and most have a drive towards education, or else go the opposite route and are successful at what they do, but without certification and are entrepreneurs. Also a smattering of odd, lonely, socially uncomfortable men who just need attention and because I treat them neutrally, they take it as encouragement. Often the people who are attracted to me aren't particularly close with their own family (although I am very much so with mine) and I think appreciate me drawing them out when they are not in the habit of disclosing much emotional stuff. This is a problem though because they are not often in the habit of being vulnerable and that usually means there are insecurities there that create other problems. A lot of the time those insecurities manifest themselves in an apprearance of confidence, which often isn't true confidence.

Those in bold are all true of my current partner.