User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: ADHD and ENFP

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

yes, the public school system IS whacked and the main reason my kids are in a charter school. great ratio to kids and better communication on the needs of the child... not the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yeah, I studied education when I first began college and it really opened my eyes to how whacked the school system is - that, plus, one of my favorite teachers from high school (AP English) quit teaching in public schools because she felt that the restrictions were just getting ridiculously tighter for what was acceptable and what was not.

MBTI helps with that, too, I agree Elaur.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

thanks darlin'. i'll be looking these over this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Hope these help, I only recommend the Born To Explore site which I've used in my interactions with multiple children in the past. The others I just happened to find browsing Google just now.
    ADHD? Or is Your Child Actually Gifted? - Special Needs - Families.com
    Are Your Kids ADD, ADHD, or Intuitively/Psychically Gifted? - From Paranormal to Pretty Normal

The Natural Born Scientist
    The DSM IV Diagnostic Criteria: A Closer Look:

The Born To Explore site touches on adult issues as well, but talks a lot about natural temperamental differences and the diagnosis of "disorders".

MBTI
    ENFP

My daugther (13) is diagnosed with a mild ADD and I suspect I have the tendency as well - it's 80 % hereditary. We are obviously very different in many ways (I think she's ESTP), but the Ne / Se dom observation makes perfect sense of our similarities. When we are both in the talkative mood it has now become so obvious, that we'll end up laughing and shouting "Don't you dare to interrupt me when I'm interrupting!!!"

MBTI
    INFP

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I thought the dates weren't too stale. You might try this site:

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Forums

MBTI
    ENFP

Are you enneagram type 7? Many ENFP's are. If so, read this book here, particularly the type 7 section. It talks about different ways you can focus, complete what you started, overcome boredom, etc.

The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types: Amazon.ca: Don Richard Riso, Russ Hudson: Books
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

My mind is always full of energy. It's just always too full, like five hundred people tripping om XTC in a tiny little cage without enough space for everyone. According to many test I probably have ADD, but I've never been officially diagnosed (long story, I was sent do a center where they would test me but at first I had to talk to this psychiatrist and he wanted my dad to be there when I was having this first conversation with him. It turned out to be a drama, whenever I started telling something my father interupted me and made up his own version of my story which wasn't true at all. The psychiatrist listened to my father and not to me, so in the end he didn't even think about having me tested. He thought I was just a lazy adolescent with lack of ambition). I do think I have ADD, I certainly can't normally do routine work and it drives me crazy. There is way too much energy in my mind and nothing can ever get that energy out of me, not even playing sports as many people recommended to me (I'll tell you, sports make my mind even fuller). It's just this permanent restlessness that never goes away. I actually don't really mind this, but it's not really helpfull when you're ought to live a life that has no space left for spontanious things and releasing that mental energy. My life so much routine that I just can't handle it and it doesn't look like there is coming an end to it an time soon.

I don't have ADHD.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't think i do either but but i just can't slow my mind down enough to do things at a slow methodical pace. it really doesn't matter how many different systems or structured ways of doing things people try to teach me. i always have to do it super fast chaotic style. it doesn't bother me a bit and i just think people need to realize that everyone has their own way of doing things.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    This is probably one of the most interesting things I've learned about MBTI, that the whole "live up to the schools rules, you don't fit" thing just isn't appropriate.
    Could you please elaborate?
    Holy sh**t a talking muffin!

All shotguns and lace.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

i noticed this had been bumped.... i did post an update. thank you all for the additional advice. i will look into the books and the forums a bit more when i have an opportunity.

my update

MBTI
    INFJ

[QUOTE=teslashock;943616]I'd say that any attention disorder is a result of a really strong Se or Ne. [QUOTE]

I find that really interesting, because I found it somewhat annoying that Keirsey associated only the SP temperament with AD(H)D..... and I know two adults who have ADD for sure, and they're both Ne dominant I am sure.
    Sorry that this is off-topic, but do you think that there a differences in how AD(H)D shows in people with strong Ne versus people with strong Se?