User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Talking My Personal ENFJ Experiment

Abstract: Many persons have had different opinions of how much of type is innate vs learned/socialized. This particular study will start with the assumption that someone who identifies with an xxxx distinction (as in "no type"), can effectively imitate ANY type, with practice, and without too much discomfort.

Experiment: I will impersonate an ENFJ for the next __________ # of days (how non-J of me ), to the best of my abilities and detail it here for everyone's amusement. At the end of the experiment, I will make some qualitative judgments about how easy this experiment was to accomplish effectively.

Background: I have typed INFP, ENFP, ENTP, INTJ and ENTJ over the course of my MBTI experience. I have come to identify with no particular type beyond being intuitive. This thread will however NOT be about my type or lack of type. I provide the info ONLY for background information.

Methods:
    I will be attempting to assimilate any number of ENFJ characteristics over the course of the experiment. Suggestions, comments and praise are all welcome!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Dude, give it up, you demonstrated this morning you cannot keep it up. Mission failed!
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

ENFJ Experiment Entry #1

Methods: Smiling

This morning I awoke at 4:40am (this is not related to the experiment) and arrived at the library to get some much needed work done. From here my movement of the day consisted of 7-11 <--> library <--> class <--> food place <--> apartment.

On a typical day, I smile about 4 times (im pulling that # from nowhere)...for the whole day. I avoid eye contact and if I have nothing short of a superbowl victory, I feel there is no need for smiling (especially AT people). Today I attempted, no forced myself, to carry a smile for the ENTIRETY of the day. This meant two things:

a) during the movement I described above: I had to smile AT people as I walked along. This felt extremely strange...almost creepy. I couldnt muster up a pearly white smile; it was more like a cheery lips closed smile.

b) even while sitting in class, or staring at the computer, I forced myself to keep up this smile game!

Results:

a) about 3 older adults who I did not know, smiled back for a split second
    b) about 4 attractive females smiled back for a split second
    b1) one person waved at me (someone that basically doesnt even talk to me)
    c) many people did not look at me
    d) some people looked at me, and had no reaction

Thoughts and Reflections:

At first I was scared. I thought, "wont people think, 'what the fuck is this guy so god damned happy about?'" or "Is he on something today?" or even slightly better, "I wonder who must have laid him last night ". However, as the day went on, I actually sort of enjoyed it. I was shocked! My day just seemed so much easier to get through. The weather didnt bother me as much. I also didnt feel as lonely, even though its not like I made any new friends. I also felt a lot more attractive, and therefore more confident.

It was almost like a feedback loop that kept feeding itself. My face muscles are actually tired from all of this half-smiling. They must be out of shape.

x 1,000,000

Any suggestions for my next ENFJ method? Anything I need to be doing? It can be ANYTHING

I have done the smiling thing before too as I normally don't do or think about that (I didn't do it because i wanted to impersonate an enfj though). i had similar results. one thing I did find is if I smile really really hard for like 5-10 mins in the morning (do it til your face hurts and raise those cheekbones, I'm talking about a true smile here), it seems like it helps loosen your face muscles and subsequently makes it easier to smile throughout the rest of the day
    it sounds like your boost of confidence/whatever is probably more related to people smiling back at you and then you feel kind of.. well, boosted.
    when i did this, I was thinking some of the similar things you described, "ppl must be wondering why I'm smiling!!".. but people are mostly concerned with themselves and don't really care whether you smile or not. smiling is open and friendly...

i think you should smile and talk to a stranger and also focus on being *genuinely* interested in what they save.. don't grill them with questions but be happy and friendly. enfj's also tend to always have a lot of shoes, so maybe wear some cool shoes (check zappos.com)

ooh and when you talk to someone, say their name.. people like it when you say their name. if you don't know their name, say "I'm Babylon, what is your name?" then use their name later in the convo. when you talk, keep eye contact ( without staring )

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Do you feel guilty often? To be a proper ENFJ you really ought to practice that. Especially about things you didn't do wrong.

Openly offer opinions, but not to be obnoxious. Speak up when you see someone ultimately headed for pain if they don't change their course. You have to actually care when doing this.

I don't think you have to smile while not looking at people. Only when passing and looking at people. And smile with your eyes.

Initiate conversations. Know what everyone's SO, family members and close friends are called.

Have a bunch of irons in the fire.

Cultivate your flirting skills. ENFJs are effective flirters with everyone.

Be able to spin plates effectively. ENFJs are exceptional at that. Especially ones who teach.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'll be following this thread!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Do you feel guilty often? To be a proper ENFJ you really ought to practice that. Especially about things you didn't do wrong.

Openly offer opinions, but not to be obnoxious. Speak up when you see someone ultimately headed for pain if they don't change their course. You have to actually care when doing this.

I don't think you have to smile while not looking at people. Only when passing and looking at people. And smile with your eyes.

Initiate conversations. Know what everyone's SO, family members and close friends are called.

ROFL you're a genius fidelia. So very true.

Some more things you must do to be a true ENFJ...

• Keep a constant mental list of tasks you need to do. Periodically update a written task list.
    • Feel nagging guilt anytime you aren't working on something on said list, but procrastinate frequently thus increasing the nagging guilt. List is much more extensive than the obvious tasks - it includes items as insignificant as folding laundry, painting the back porch, and writing a card to Aunt Sally. You ALWAYS have something that needs to get done.

That's all the lessons for now, my young padawan. /strokes chin.

I am quite intrigued with your smile observations, seriously. I've always smiled alot naturally, as a kid was called "smiley". Fascinating to see the contrasting view on life for someone who only smiles for amazing victories.
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Abstract: Many persons have had different opinions of how much of type is innate vs learned/socialized. This particular study will start with the assumption that someone who identifies with an xxxx distinction (as in "no type"), can effectively imitate ANY type, with practice, and without too much discomfort.

Experiment: I will impersonate an ENFJ for the next __________ # of days (how non-J of me ), to the best of my abilities and detail it here for everyone's amusement. At the end of the experiment, I will make some qualitative judgments about how easy this experiment was to accomplish effectively.

Background: I have typed INFP, ENFP, ENTP, INTJ and ENTJ over the course of my MBTI experience. I have come to identify with no particular type beyond being intuitive. This thread will however NOT be about my type or lack of type. I provide the info ONLY for background information.

Methods:
    I will be attempting to assimilate any number of ENFJ characteristics over the course of the experiment. Suggestions, comments and praise are all welcome!
    On what day do you become Dr. Phil????
    Attached Images Attached Images

If your Ti is strong, its very hard to use Fe.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post

Have a bunch of irons in the fire.

Be able to spin plates effectively. ENFJs are exceptional at that. Especially ones who teach.
    I'm an INFJ and I do this :/
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.