First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Do you feel guilty often? To be a proper ENFJ you really ought to practice that. Especially about things you didn't do wrong.

Openly offer opinions, but not to be obnoxious. Speak up when you see someone ultimately headed for pain if they don't change their course. You have to actually care when doing this.

I don't think you have to smile while not looking at people. Only when passing and looking at people. And smile with your eyes.

Initiate conversations. Know what everyone's SO, family members and close friends are called.

Have a bunch of irons in the fire.

Cultivate your flirting skills. ENFJs are effective flirters with everyone.

Be able to spin plates effectively. ENFJs are exceptional at that. Especially ones who teach.
    Smile with the eyes
    Not the whole face.... ENFJs seem to know this makes people think you're an idiot. But their eyes always look happy (unless they take off the social mask and open up with a close friend, in which case they look they're about to die).

Also, temper the opinions you give when people disagree with you. ENFJs will backtrack just a bit so as not to rock the boat in conversation....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFj

ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Me too Rainbows, but ENFJs do it MORE. Especially the feeling inordinate guilt thing. And the lists. And older ENFJs put us to shame for the amount they get done in a day (although they'll be writing the speech in the car on the way to the event they are speaking at and still be flawless). Good ones OA!

BC - take lessons in turkey/roast carving. ENFJs are excellent hosts!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    I'm an INFJ and I do this :/
    You can spin plates? I wanna learn!!
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

ok so some things I need:

I need some books to get me into the ENFJ mindset a little better.

For example: If this was the INTJ experiment, I'd be reading ayn rand's "atlas shrugged". If this was the ENTJ thread, I'd be reading "the 48 rules of power". If this was the ENTP thread I might be reading Richard Feynman's "What Do You Care What Other People Think?: Further Adventures of a Curious Character".

I'd really like to avoid reading an ESFJ book by accident. I think even an INFJ book might be alright. Im thinking fiction or non fiction. Preferably something a male could tolerate .

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    ok so some things I need:

I need some books to get me into the ENFJ mindset a little better.

For example: If this was the INTJ experiment, I'd be reading ayn rand's "atlas shrugged". If this was the ENTJ thread, I'd be reading "the 48 rules of power". If this was the ENTP thread I might be reading Richard Feynman's "What Do You Care What Other People Think?: Further Adventures of a Curious Character".

I'd really like to avoid reading an ESFJ book by accident. I think even an INFJ book might be alright. Im thinking fiction or non fiction. Preferably something a male could tolerate .
    One I would personally suggest: Amazon.com: And A Voice to Sing With: A Memoir (9780671400620): Joan Baez: Books

And here's a song she wrote about a certain exasperating INFP:

YouTube - Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    One I would personally suggest: Amazon.com: And A Voice to Sing With: A Memoir (9780671400620): Joan Baez: Books

And here's a song she wrote about a certain exasperating INFP:

YouTube - Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust
    wait, wait wait!!! Shes writing songs about INFPs...you're an INFP... Are you sure her book would put me into the ENFJ mindset? I'll nonetheless check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

(I give the INFJs more slack, I'll admit it.)

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

No idea on good books, sorry not much help. I read lots of business books.
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Sketches From a Hunter's Album by Ivan Turgenev

According to DN's author list (and apparently solitary walker) Ivan Turgenev was an ENFJ. He was a 18th century Russian novelist and playwright. This seems perfect! If anyone else has any suggestions, please don't hesitate to contribute .

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    wait, wait wait!!! Shes writing songs about INFPs...you're an INFP... Are you sure her book would put me into the ENFJ mindset? I'll nonetheless check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Joan Baez is an ENFJ, so it's a very ENFJ take on a specific INFP. Among other things. Oprah is an ENFJ. The Obamanation is an ENFJ. Dr. Phil is an ENFJ. The Evil Bill Clinton is an ENFJ not ENFP or whatever else he's popularly typed as, and "pure psychopath" to quote The Silence of the Lambs. They all have books, I believe. You want a book by an INFJ? Try Ron Paul's END THE FED--a great example, I think, of why INFJs really make a lousy substitute for ENFJs in an exercise like this...