• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] I don't think you NerFs actually want to find your "type"

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hey, identifying with others isn't all peaches and roses, ya know, it has its drawbacks :alttongue:

Exactly, in the quest to be unique we find we fit in with a ton of other people. It's comforting but frustrating when you see those "other people" acting really weird. It also takes away some of our NF uniqueness! We need to be unique, dang it!

I found out I work with an ENFP, I tried to convince her she was ENFJ (she typed enfp on an online test), I even had people tell me there was no WAY we were the same personality type. I later realized I was just being selfish with my type (after she typed enfp on another online test I had to admit it to myself), she thinks the same way as me and has the same struggles, even if we don't manifest it the same way. We've also matured in different ways and have had very different lives which highlighted different strengths in our personality.

I think that many people can probably fit a few types fairly well, not all of our preferences are 100%. I think "x" is an appropriate way of dealing with fitting two types or needing uniqueness.

B

brainheart

Shit, does this cancel out all that the ISFPs said about me being an ISFP in my 'ISFP or INFP' thread? :doh:

B

brainheart

^^ This was an attempt at a joke, by the way.

I'm wondering, do you think INFPs get offended more easily than ISFPs? Because it takes a fair amount to offend me.

Just thinking.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that too many of the people in the "what's my type?" threads get typed as NFs, especially INFP.

I'm actually not surprised to see some so-called INFPs backtracking and considering another type later on. I think they weren't INFP to begin with. People toss that tag on any quiet person who likes to read sometimes and isn't sure about their type.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^ This was an attempt at a joke, by the way.

I'm wondering, do you think INFPs get offended more easily than ISFPs? Because it takes a fair amount to offend me.

Just thinking.

No, I don't so. I think it depends on the individual. I'm inconsistent, as in, what people think might offend me doesn't much at all, and what they wouldn't imagine would set me off does. My ISFP step-dad seems pretty volatile over weird things also.

Zenihita

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That is so true and I wish I knew it earlier. But I wouldn't say we enjoy it so much, it's been pretty frustrating for me to never be able to settle with one option.

Yeah, I believe it's more of an NFP thing. I think they do it with other people, as well. My ENFP sister constantly changes her mind about what types she thinks everyone is. The other day she made the claim that my ESFJ mother was an ENFP... when before that it was an INFJ... and ENFJ... and ISFJ :doh: I guess it's just their Ne seeing all those possibilities :p
That does happen, although with other people it's a bit different for me. I'm either undecided and considering several options, or I've reached a conclusion and when I did I tend to stick with it. It's determining my own type that was the most difficult. I would alternate between being quite certain, having doubts, and changing opinion again and again. It was a vicious circle and it has been going on for several years :doh:

So don't get annoyed with us, sympathize with us, we can't help it :puppy_dog_eyes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I simply initially thought I was an INFP because of my need for solitude and my need to recharge. However, after further research I realized that I'm actually an ENFP. Not that huge of a difference.

Don't include Little Linguist's recent thread in this, either ... I don't think she's a real NF.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Zuh.

General statement directed at...

Huh?

Never mind.

I never do! :D

I kind of knew you would say that...

OMG YOU PSYCHIC INFJs

Shit, does this cancel out all that the ISFPs said about me being an ISFP in my 'ISFP or INFP' thread? :doh:

I don't get it.

So don't get annoyed with us, sympathize with us, we can't help it :puppy_dog_eyes:

Absolutely. I do, and I try to take you guys to movies and restaurants and stuff.

Don't include Little Linguist's recent thread in this, either ... I don't think she's a real NF.

OH SNAP. You gonna take that, Linguist? :newwink:

Linguist has been very open on this forum, and in Vent, I appreciate her putting so much of herself out for others to chew on. From my observations, the one thing I'm certain of is that she is NF. The sub-type is a little less certain, but it doesn't really matter does it? ;)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think that too many of the people in the "what's my type?" threads get typed as NFs, especially INFP.

I'm actually not surprised to see some so-called INFPs backtracking and considering another type later on. I think they weren't INFP to begin with. People toss that tag on any quiet person who likes to read sometimes and isn't sure about their type.

Yeah, I love the "reading= infp" thing. How about "do you like poetry" for an INFP test. (whoever I recently heard say that, don't get mad at me, I don't remember who you were)

Anyone broken gets tagged INFP, too, don't forget that.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought I was INTP at first, but that's just because I was uneducated.

Once I figured out I was a NerF though, I was all set. I've never felt a need since then to re-evaluate.

So, yeah, just some initial confusion.

I may not be able to make simple, daily decisions, or figure out my life, but I figured out my MBTI type. :cool:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Check in with some reality around you that is there to discover besides the neverending paradox in your head.

Oh, I have. Do you know what I discovered?

That I hate reality. Enough that I hope we all destroy each other with nuclear weapons sooner rather than later.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought I was INTP at first, but that's just because I was uneducated.

Once I figured out I was a NerF though, I was all set. I've never felt a need since then to re-evaluate.

So, yeah, just some initial confusion.

I may not be able to make simple, daily decisions, or figure out my life, but I figured out my MBTI type. :cool:

Yep me too...initial confusion most people have, but now it might as well be set in stone.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
^did you think you were intp? You do seem to have high t. (or I'm full of crap, or both!)

B

brainheart

That's because NFs in general, INFPs in particular, are the only ones interested in understanding themselves. Also they are the only ones who possess an interior world or fantasize. Duh.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hope we all destroy each other with nuclear weapons sooner rather than later.

Oh, HECK yeah, let's get that shizzle started. Any bets on which island survives longest? I'm thinking nobody'll bother bombing Antarctica, and it will take a long time for the radiation to reach there, so I might just go buy me a snowboard and head South. :cool:

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm an ENFJ. Period dot.

B

brainheart

So, wait. Is that two of these guys- ..

I'm unsure period/dot.

God, I'm so redundant.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It's weird...it's like we try as hard as we can to find ourselves and we look and look all of the time to try to find this "true self"...but are usually content with our individuality. It's highly contradictory, I guess us xNFPs are just muy loco.

I love you guys...:heart: