• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] I don't think you NerFs actually want to find your "type"

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm fine with my type. I think I know myself fairly well :)

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:laugh: I have an ESTJ friend who was so determined in his decisions, that he would verbally say "period dot" to underscore that his words/choice(s) were the last that needed to be said on any given topic.

When all of my friends started making fun of him for it and using "period dot" as often as we possibly could, he stopped, but together we all continue to embrace the hilarity of the "period dot".

So, wait. Is that two of these guys- ..

I'm unsure period/dot.

God, I'm so redundant.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^did you think you were intp? You do seem to have high t. (or I'm full of crap, or both!)

That was my main consideration besides INFP. Once I understood Ti vs. Fi, I felt positive of being Fi-dom.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey Jeffster, I noticed you got all the NerFs to post on the same thread. Doesn't that technically make you a NerF herder? Just sayin'. :yes:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
The other thing I've noticed about the NerFs on here is closing blogs and starting new ones. Whereas I am perfectly happy with everything I've put in my blog - way back to the first dumbass posts - still being visible to everybody, the NerFs have this "That isn't me anymore, I need to start fresh" thing going.

I remember talking with Wonka about this in Vent awhile back, about how NFs, ENFPs especially, seem to have this ability to block out the past as if it never happened, seemingly feeling that if you acknowledge the past you somehow threaten the future or something. I brought up how my ENFP ex-wife will suddenly ask me about something our son did or said, all concerned about it, as if it was the first time it's ever happened, when it's happened many times before. And I stand there dumbfounded like "Did you just wake up from a coma yesterday or something?"

Of course Wonka won't remember that conversation since he's ENFP. :newwink:

Maybe this thread should be re-titled "Jeffster's Thoughts on NerFs" or something so whenever I think of something, it's still on topic. ;)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
The other thing I've noticed about the NerFs on here is closing blogs and starting new ones. Whereas I am perfectly happy with everything I've put in my blog - way back to the first dumbass posts - still being visible to everybody, the NerFs have this "That isn't me anymore, I need to start fresh" thing going.

I remember talking with Wonka about this in Vent awhile back, about how NFs, ENFPs especially, seem to have this ability to block out the past as if it never happened, seemingly feeling that if you acknowledge the past you somehow threaten the future or something. I brought up how my ENFP ex-wife will suddenly ask me about something our son did or said, all concerned about it, as if it was the first time it's ever happened, when it's happened many times before. And I stand there dumbfounded like "Did you just wake up from a coma yesterday or something?"

Of course Wonka won't remember that conversation since he's ENFP. :newwink:

Maybe this thread should be re-titled "Jeffster's Thoughts on NerFs" or something so whenever I think of something, it's still on topic. ;)

Ohh now I see where all this is coming from.

Your sweeping generalizations sort of suck! Some aren't half bad for me but some, wow. You appear to be talking about specific people's behaviors and labeling it as an "NF" way to behave.

Not much better than the NT "SPs are stoopid" threads, really.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Never cared enough about the label, to be bothered about whether it's completely accurate or not.

P.S. Watching half the people on the forums run around worrying if they are one type or another, amuses me.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ohh now I see where all this is coming from.

Your sweeping generalizations sort of suck! Some aren't half bad for me but some, wow. You appear to be talking about specific people's behaviors and labeling it as an "NF" way to behave.

Not much better than the NT "SPs are stoopid" threads, really.

Do you feel the same way about all the threads started by NF types that make generalizations? Or is it just because I'm an "outsider"?

This whole typology stuff is generalizations. Every person is a unique individual and all that stuff, do I need to put that disclaimer before I talk about patterns I've noticed from lots of people?

Honestly, you NerFs are way too sensitive sometimes. ;)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
It works for me. I'm quite annoyed that my type is set and I can't find a new one. It's far too static and confining. On the other hand I feel an allegiance to my type, so would not want to be permanently anything else. Except I'd like to be ENTP sometimes, so people would take me less seriously and not equate use of personal points in arguments to being emotional about things.